THE SWORD - new album High Country out August 21

treeduck

Austin, Texas metal luminaries THE SWORD will release their new album, "High Country", on August 21 via Razor & Tie. Recorded in Austin, the CD was produced by Adrian Quesada and mixed by J. Robbins.

"High Country" features 15 new compositions and will be released simultaneously in CD and double vinyl formats. It will be available today for preorder through Razor & Tie as well as the band's merch site. Access to both preorders is at www.theswordofficial.com. The Razor & Tie preorder includes multiple bundles featuring double colored vinyl, cassettes, three t-shirt designs, a hoodie, as well as a lithograph of the album art. The CD and double vinyl can also be preordered as standalone pieces. The band's preorder features one bundle which includes the CD, an exclusive double colored vinyl with earth and sky printing, a custom engraved and numbered stash box with album art featured on the inside the of the lid, a custom shredder card, a custom packet of rolling papers, and a custom engraved dugout.

http://dev.rivetcreativegroup.com/the-sword/img/album-mini.jpg

"High Country" track listing:

01. Unicorn Farm

02. Empty Temples

03. High Country

04. Tears Like Diamonds

05. Mist And Shadow

06. Agartha

07. Seriously Mysterious

08. Suffer No Fools

09. Early Snow

10. The Dreamthieves

11. Buzzards

12. Silver Petals

13. Ghost Eye

14. Turned To Dust

15. The Bees Of Spring

The "High Country" title track can be streamed at www.theswordofficial.com.

In conjunction with the release of "High Country", THE SWORD will embark on a 25-show European tour. The trek begins on release day, August 21, at the Pstereo Festival in Trondheim, Norway and ends in Bristol, U.K. on September 19. The band will be touring throughout the remainder of 2015 and 2016.

• Like 4

I love them (got the three previous albums)!

And I can't believe they're going to play in Milan in september!

One ticket already sold!

I love them (got the three previous albums)!

And I can't believe they're going to play in Milan in september!

One ticket already sold!

There's actually 4!

F**k me! You're right. And I got all four....

So, are alot of you guys into the stoner rock, or retro style bands?. If so i got a lot of that stuff and reccomends and such.

So, are alot of you guys into the stoner rock, or retro style bands?. If so i got a lot of that stuff and reccomends and such.

Well not necessarily, this band are just a good band. You can make some recommendations though any time you like.

Well not necessarily, this band are just a good band. You can make some recommendations though any time you like.

A couple to start...

Wo fat

Orchid

Orange goblin

Black pyramid

Freedom hawk

A couple to start...

Wo fat

Orchid

Orange goblin

Black pyramid

Freedom hawk

Yeah I know some of those. :guitar:

I cancelled my order from Amazon because they weren't going to dispatch it until Sep 4 with the new Maiden album for some bizarre reason! Totally unacceptable! So I just now ordered it from WOW HD and it's cheaper too £7.57 instead of £9.99. So FUCKK YOU amazon! :madra: Edited by treeduck

Heard this album a little while ago and it didn't quite hit the spot for me. Some good songs on it for sure but I enjoyed their last one much more.

Same feelings for me. Didn't love what I heard.

Definetely NOT the band I was used to.

Heard this album a little while ago and it didn't quite hit the spot for me. Some good songs on it for sure but I enjoyed their last one much more.

Same feelings for me. Didn't love what I heard.

Definetely NOT the band I was used to.

Interesting. I listened to about half of it yrsterday and was thinking the same. But i was doing stuff around the house so figured i just needed to sit down and put my headphones on

I listened to a few songs again today, but so far meh.

Sounds flat. Almost like they overproduced and took all the fun out of the music.

Will listen to rest tomorrow...

Not trying be a buzzkill, but so far a huge letdown...