R30 Tour VS R40 Tour

YYZumbi

97 members have voted

1. 1. R30 Tour VS R40 Tour... which tour is best?

R30 was definitey better. Despite the cover songs, overall I preferred the setlist. I thought R30 was a much more lively upbeat selection of songs.

But, the Rush In Rio setlist was way better than both R30 and R40

Definitely agree with all of this - La Villa, By Tor, the medley at the start of R30...

Oh man they were both good. I really love the concept of the stage changing for R40. Funny when I saw R30 I kept saying it might be the last chance to see them live. Boy did they prove me wrong. If R40 is it they have more than earned their rest.

R30 We had to travel to Sweden to see the show, R40 I had to travel to Toronto.

R40 is my choice, and it has nothing to do with previous sentence :)

Maybe I have to start saving money for a space suit for R50

Easily R40 is better especially the second set. If they did a medely like the r30 tour or medely (instrumental) of the different songs from the set list that are not played on a particular night. That way all people get here all the songs in some way or another. That would be perfect.

R40 was their most representative setlist of all eras, and outright best setlist since Moving Pictures Tour (the original one). It was mind blowing and spine tingling numbing, even seeing the pictures of the leaked tour book couldn't ruin the sheer shock of what they put together, all punctuated by Bob and his legendary girlfriend.

This man gets it. Bob and his GF made this tour the best ever

:LOL:

I do feel compelled to note that, although R40 got my vote, I do love the R30 setlist. The R30 medley was a lot of fun, the setlist covered more of their career, and La Villa! But when compared to the VT tout, there was a lot of overlap. And the stage show was far superior for R40.

R30 had a band in better shape that also played longer shows but R40 wins because the band gives 110%

If it is indeed a swan song, nothing could be more majestic.

:goodone:

I have to agree with you. Plus, they gave the fans the songs they knew the fans wanted desperately to hear as well. That was their gift to all of you. It didn't matter how Rush felt about doing them. They knew we wanted to hear them, so they did them.

92% of Xanadu vs. 45% of Xanadu = R40 for teh win!

What's the missing 8%? I noticed the little diddle at the end wasn't there, but what else was missing?

Some of the intro was cut too.

Yeah, they double time the intro, and they cut a couple of measures at the end. That's all I noticed. Others may have noticed more.

I wasn't there for R30 (I was six at the time and thought Maroon 5 was the s*** :wacko:), but I have the live album on iTunes. Great performance, great setlist.

But I was there for R40 in Newark. Best. Setlist. Ever. R40 FTW!

I voted R40. The R30 show was longer and had a great set list, although the R30 Overture was kind of a tease. The R40 set list nails it though. I'm seeing this show tonight in KC. It's gonna be bitter sweet knowing this is most likely the last time I'll see them.