What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

A lifelong friend passed away this morning. Though she was far too young, hers was as peaceful and graceful a passing as one could have. She leaves behind quite a legacy on the form of a beautiful family.

:rose:

My condolences, goose :rose:

Thanks, bean.
  • Like 1

A lifelong friend passed away this morning. Though she was far too young, hers was as peaceful and graceful a passing as one could have. She leaves behind quite a legacy on the form of a beautiful family.

Your writing is a beautiful tribute to your friend. I'm sorry for your loss, and the family's loss. :hug2:

I'm assuming she was around your age, so too young to go. Was it cancer?

So sorry. Losing a friend is very painful especially since they are so hard to find.

http://i.imgur.com/Jq5WVY0.jpg

:heart:

Miss this man everyday, and it hit hard this morning. I wish he could’ve seen this portrait that I drew of him, and his wife’s reaction when she received it.

Who is this Beanie? I'm just being dense, huh?

EfVMHWo.gif

• Like 1

I'm assuming she was around your age, so too young to go. Was it cancer?

So sorry. Losing a friend is very painful especially since they are so hard to find.

Yes, cancer, and she was my age. My wife grew up with her, she was in our wedding, we would see her every summer.

http://i.imgur.com/Jq5WVY0.jpg

:heart:

Miss this man everyday, and it hit hard this morning. I wish he could’ve seen this portrait that I drew of him, and his wife’s reaction when she received it.

Who is this Beanie? I'm just being dense, huh?

EfVMHWo.gif

He is a very dear person, ORFie. My father has not been in my life for quite some time, and this man was somewhat of a father figure to me.

• Like 2

How can Xanadu lose to 2112?

Because it can.

NAGAdFC.gif

• Like 1

Today is Disembodied Spirit's birthday. He was a nice man and hasn't been here in a couple of years.

It's sad when people leave the forum and you don't know why they left or if they are okay or what happened to them.

• Like 2

Did someone key your car?

Everyone asks that, because that's what it looks like

Rather, it had an encounter with a metal table in my own driveway :c

High school graduation. I am excited about the whole graduation thing, but I had to walk through my old elementary school, which most of my past teachers have ran as far away from as possible and my peers from elementary school who I haven't had a reason to see since then (I go to a kind of big regional high school) hate me as much as they used to. It was weird and I felt like elementary school me, which is bad because I had not friends and was very socially isolated. UGH, it made me really upset which sounds really stupid.

On a happier note, I got the instrumental music award for my almost 300 person class today, so that was fun. (gotta have a happy note)

• Like 2

Continuing clean-up of rubble and wreckage from three tornadoes that tore up my town last week.

I am much more fortunate than a lot of other people were.

• Like 2

Continuing clean-up of rubble and wreckage from three tornadoes that tore up my town last week.

Holy shit! Glad to hear you're okay. Good luck with everything. Nice to see you back! :cheers:

• Like 2

Holy shit! Glad to hear you're okay. Good luck with everything. Nice to see you back! :cheers:

Thank you, sir...yeah, it was really bad, having three tornadoes on the ground within thirty minutes of one another, in different parts of the city- all of them EF3 and EF4 in strength. That was on Memorial Day, about 11PM to midnight.

:hi: Glad to hear you and the family are ok! The tornadoes have been unbelievable this spring.

• Like 1

Sunday I did this to my 3-month old Miata :(((((

yIJoyXS.png

THAT SUCKS!

AXa6rKk.jpg

Thank you, sir...yeah, it was really bad, having three tornadoes on the ground within thirty minutes of one another, in different parts of the city- all of them EF3 and EF4 in strength. That was on Memorial Day, about 11PM to midnight.

Man, that would be SCARY! In the dark and all!

aHL60ex.jpg

• Like 1

Man, that would be SCARY! In the dark and all!

aHL60ex.jpg

Yes, it was...I sat and watched the local news/weather coverage in the basement, until the electricity went out- and then just sat in the dark and listened to the wind.

A half mile north of where I live, about two dozen homes were completely destroyed.