What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

There's only one way to have a cat and that is to keep it indoors. there is nothing worse than waking up in the morning and seeing your cat dead in the middle of the road. I know. It has happened to us a couple of times. The worst time was when the cat literally dragged herself (her rear legs were shot) off the road and onto our driveway. As she laid there dying, and me so utterly helpless to do anything for her and wishing she'd die fast, the man who hit her stood there watching and, when I told him I had just spent $100 to have her spayed (which I had just done) he spat out "Instead of having her fixed, why didn't you spend the money to fix this place up?" People are cruel. i told him to get off in his car and get out of my sight.

Sorry, Crimson, for your loss.

Lorraine, I'm so sorry about your darling kitty, what a horrible way to die.. :( :hug2:

Thank you, but this happened about 18 years ago. I've never gotten over the man's absolute and utter cruelty to me though. It was traumatic at the time.

Many years ago, I found myself witnessing the death of another of my cats - I was in the yard, playing, and she was in the road playing with a butterfly, and this car just came out of nowhere and... well... you know. The driver just carried on. Her death was instant. She was only 2. I was just a child. I'll never forget that for as long as I live.

• Like 2

There's only one way to have a cat and that is to keep it indoors. there is nothing worse than waking up in the morning and seeing your cat dead in the middle of the road. I know. It has happened to us a couple of times. The worst time was when the cat literally dragged herself (her rear legs were shot) off the road and onto our driveway. As she laid there dying, and me so utterly helpless to do anything for her and wishing she'd die fast, the man who hit her stood there watching and, when I told him I had just spent $100 to have her spayed (which I had just done) he spat out "Instead of having her fixed, why didn't you spend the money to fix this place up?" People are cruel. i told him to get off in his car and get out of my sight.

Thank you Lorraine for your condolences and sharing your sad experience. I am feeling very down today as the reality sets in.

• Like 1

A Sad Sad Day :( our old cat Mazie had not been home for a few daze and we were getting worried. My wife had checked the humane society and started to ask the neighbors. Well Maggie came home this evening with some info of one of our neighbors seeing a dead cat on the side of the road. She said she could not go and look by herself. Well it was Mazie :o and we are devistaded she must've got hit by a car. What was left of her war pretty mangled but when we saw her collar we were well like I said devistated. Mazie lived her 9 lives for sure as she was almost 14 years old. RIP Mazie you will be missed :(

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah298/SeanJohn51/My%20Mazie_zpsrggirpif.jpg

:hug2: Oh my dear friend, I am so, so sorry to hear this. My heart breaks for you. I know that you and your family gave sweet Mazie a wonderful life, and I hope that you can find some comfort in that. You are all in my thoughts :rose:

Thank you my dear friend I will always remember my Mazie and all the wonderful times we had together. :hug2:

• Like 1

the man who hit her stood there watching and, when I told him I had just spent $100 to have her spayed (which I had just done) he spat out "Instead of having her fixed, why didn't you spend the money to fix this place up?"

Uhhhh...wut??

• Like 1

My parrents are wanting me to make friends, but they do not understand I just want to be left alone :(

I know how you feel. :| Making friends is easier said than done, especially for introverts.

• Like 1

My parrents are wanting me to make friends, but they do not understand I just want to be left alone :(

I know how you feel. :| Making friends is easier said than done, especially for introverts.

Yeah

This is true. I didn't have any when I was at school. Or at least, they pretended to be. Still don't have any now. But I do know how you feel.

• Like 1

Yeah

This is true. I didn't have any when I was at school. Or at least, they pretended to be. Still don't have any now. But I do know how you feel.

:hug2: Babycat

I feel the same. At my age you'd think I'd have at least some friends but I think the social anxiety and trust issues do me in. I have close online friends though. That might help you? Have you got any good friends online?

• Like 1

I feel the same. At my age you'd think I'd have at least some friends but I think the social anxiety and trust issues do me in. I have close online friends though. That might help you? Have you got any good friends online?

I have to add that opening up to online friends is a gamble as well but you can always turn off the computer or choose to ignore these toxic people.

• Like 1

Yes I do. i have a few good ones.

• Like 1

A Sad Sad Day :( our old cat Mazie had not been home for a few daze and we were getting worried. My wife had checked the humane society and started to ask the neighbors. Well Maggie came home this evening with some info of one of our neighbors seeing a dead cat on the side of the road. She said she could not go and look by herself. Well it was Mazie :o and we are devistaded she must've got hit by a car. What was left of her war pretty mangled but when we saw her collar we were well like I said devistated. Mazie lived her 9 lives for sure as she was almost 14 years old. RIP Mazie you will be missed :(

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah298/SeanJohn51/My%20Mazie_zpsrggirpif.jpg

Condolences, CMM....tough times....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Crying%20banana.gif

• Like 1

That Tortoise shell kitty I used to have in the '70s got 'stolen' in the summer of '80 after I'd moved out of my parent's house, [my mom wouldn't let me take her with me] and I had a dream a few days later. I really don't know what happened to her, but there was a 'happening' that summer and for a few years, where pets, such as dogs and cats were being taken and given to Laboratories in Ann Arbor, [big city for corporate animal studies for product testing] and I HOPE that wasn't her fate, but you never know, ya know? The labs needed to be blown up, as far as I'm concerned because they paid people to bring in these animals, and it was free and easy money for inethical jerkazoids to get what they wanted....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Weapons/atomic%20mushroom%20cloud%20explosion.gifJerkazoids are EVERYWHERE.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20bomb-.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

That Tortoise shell kitty I used to have in the '70s got 'stolen' in the summer of '80 after I'd moved out of my parent's house, [my mom wouldn't let me take her with me] and I had a dream a few days later. I really don't know what happened to her, but there was a 'happening' that summer and for a few years, where pets, such as dogs and cats were being taken and given to Laboratories in Ann Arbor, [big city for corporate animal studies for product testing] and I HOPE that wasn't her fate, but you never know, ya know? The labs needed to be blown up, as far as I'm concerned because they paid people to bring in these animals, and it was free and easy money for inethical jerkazoids to get what they wanted....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Weapons/atomic%20mushroom%20cloud%20explosion.gifJerkazoids are EVERYWHERE.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20bomb-.gif

Awwww.... poor little tortie..... I hope she didn't end up there either... :( :hug2:

• Like 2

Yeah

I'll be your friend :hi: :D

• Like 4

My parrents think something is wrong with me because I will not talk to people. I am really upset about this, so only close friends can talk to me. :(

You've mentioned this before, so I have to ask, What's so hard for your parents to understand about you not being a naturally friendly person?

I was very quiet, or introverted as they call it now when I was your age. My parents and grandparents never forced me to try and make friends or talk to people. They just let me be myself and the few friends I did have they were fine with. Back then it was just called "being shy". So, they never saw it as anything being wrong with me. They would always tell people that i'm "a good kid but shy, that's all."

Sometimes it's really that simple. There may not be anything wrong with you, you're just shy.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

My parrents think something is wrong with me because I will not talk to people. I am really upset about this, so only close friends can talk to me. :(

You've mentioned this before, so I have to ask, What's so hard for your parents to understand about you not being a naturally friendly person?

I was very quiet, or introverted as they call it now when I was your age. My parents and grandparents never forced me to try and make friends or talk to people. They just let me be myself and the few friends I did have they were fine with. Back then it was just called "being shy". So, they never thought anything was wrong. They would always tell people that i'm "a good kid but shy, that's all."

Sometimes it's really that simple. There may not be anything wrong with you at all, you're just shy.

I do not know.

I know I am shy, but they do not want me to be. They are forcing me to talk to people even though I do not want to.