What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

14 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Very sad to report the loss of our furry buddy Rusty, (14) diabetes took it's toll on him.  Such a sweet kitty, he was a TNR rescue that we took care of outside for about 5 years and then he came inside to be with our kitty family.  He was a ginger colored cutie and he was a big love.  Once he came in to live with us, he really bonded with my hubby and followed him all over the house.  He even would climb under the covers to cuddle, making it hard to read :wink:.  We knew it was coming but that still doesn't make it any easier.  RIP :rose:

It is fitting that his passing was on the one year anniversary of Ron Weasley our cream colored British Shorthair leaving us.  Guess he wanted to go see him...:sad::sigh::heart:

40f509279fea11b618391cdcccff47c9.jpg

Dear Rhyta,

I am so very sorry for your loss of Rusty.

I know I only know you from a rock sight in a little corner of cyberspace, but I am certain that you and your husband transformed

Rusty's life by giving him all the love and affection that he wouldn't have known if not for his adopted human companions.

I know his life was all the better from wandering into yours, as I am sure that you and your husband's lives were bettered, likewise.

My thoughts and prayers are with you today.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, The Cat 3 said:

Dear Rhyta,

I know I only know you from a rock sight in a little corner of cyberspace, but I am certain that you and your husband transformed

Rusty's life by giving him all the love and affection that he wouldn't have known if not for his adopted human companions.

I know his life was all the better from wandering into yours, as I am sure that you and your husband's lives were bettered, likewise.

Oh how lovely, that picture looks so much like him.  Bless you for this.  I can take some comfort in knowing we gave him a warm home and lots of love and he paid us back more than we ever could have imagined.  :heart:

• Like 5

Aaaaand my evening has been ruined because I was too lazy to back up some digital photos and they are now gone forever.

I thought I'd have time to do that............................ I did not do that.

Fackkkk!!!!!!!

Note to all- scrapbooking and real photos are still appealing, especially if you have kids or grandkids. 

I guess this summer vacation will be spent printing out photos and buying a new hope chest. For reasons I can't put here (privacy) we lost a bunch of our family photos over the years and I need my descendents to know where they came from...............

Your thoughts and support are welcome here. Thanks to me being a doormat and letting my boyfriend dictate how much of my storage items I kept in our basement...among other problems we've faced in the past half decade... I didn't prioritize this task until now, which is a bit late. FACK!!!!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BigMontanaSKY said:

Thanks to me being a doormat and letting my boyfriend dictate ....

Your doormat days are OVER!  You da BOSS.  BE da BOSS.  Take charge!  :thumbsup:  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

Your doormat days are OVER!  You da BOSS.  BE da BOSS.  Take charge!  :thumbsup:  

Oh that is definitely the order of the day. The whole reason I figured out the photos were gone was I was sorting through some personal effects b/c my boyfriend is ailing. 

I'll just come out and say it, our family photos are few b/c we were poor and my mother lost her ability to be tidy as she lost her health. Most were discarded.

As a result any family photos are either from relatives or classmates who share online.

The reason this stings is my nieces and nephews barely have an idea of their roots (they're busy in school so they don't turn out like my burnout relatives) and I really wanted them to have a concrete idea of their personal history.

This is why I get a pang of melancholy when I go to thrift stores and find bins of old photos. Time is so fleeting and so are our lives.

Edited by BigMontanaSKY
  • Like 5

On 2/28/2023 at 10:47 AM, The Cat 3 said:

Dear Rhyta,

On 2/28/2023 at 3:28 PM, Rhyta said:

Oh how lovely, that picture looks so much like him.  Bless you for this.  I can take some comfort in knowing we gave him a warm home and lots of love and he paid us back more than we ever could have imagined.  :heart:

So true. I also am missing my short-haired tuxedo, Lash. A fixed female that was a really cool cat. A very well balanced personality. Was never real big on cats and hadn't had one for about 20 years but got talked in to taking her and her her soul sister Peeps about 6 years ago. They were kittens of two separate liters (12 kittens total) nursed in the same garage only a week apart that my good friend begged me to take. She enjoyed staying outside during the day (Peeps likes inside always) and I often would let her out while away at work. She would always greet me on my return, but didn't 3 days ago. 😥 

Traffic is not much of a concern. Coyotes are around but during the day? I don't know? Whatever her fate I'm thankful for sharing my space with her and learning what she had to teach. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Laurabw said:

I lost my job yesterday. I'd been there 3 years.

I am sorry,

IDK what you do, but the market looks good in a lot of sectors. It's coming back  I hope you find something quick.

If you ever want to talk resumes or whatever, hit me up. Always happy to help a Rush Peep.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Inthend said:

So true. I also am missing my short-haired tuxedo, Lash. A fixed female that was a really cool cat. A very well balanced personality. Was never real big on cats and hadn't had one for about 20 years but got talked in to taking her and her her soul sister Peeps about 6 years ago. They were kittens of two separate liters (12 kittens total) nursed in the same garage only a week apart that my good friend begged me to take. She enjoyed staying outside during the day (Peeps likes inside always) and I often would let her out while away at work. She would always greet me on my return, but didn't 3 days ago. 😥 

Traffic is not much of a concern. Coyotes are around but during the day? I don't know? Whatever her fate I'm thankful for sharing my space with her and learning what she had to teach. 

😇😊 She showed up this morning; not a scratch on her! 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, grep said:

I am sorry,

IDK what you do, but the market looks good in a lot of sectors. It's coming back  I hope you find something quick.

If you ever want to talk resumes or whatever, hit me up. Always happy to help a Rush Peep.

Thank you. I’m a creative services project manager. I work on direct mail and print collateral pieces and the entire process of getting them written designed and printed. Schedules, budgets back-and-forth with clients creatives and vendors.
The challenge for me is that there is usually only one or maybe two in most companies, if at all, and with all the people in the big companies who have been laid off lately, they’re all going to be searching.

working on updating my résumé, thanks for the offer.

• Like 2

On 3/3/2023 at 9:54 PM, Laurabw said:

:hug2: :hug2:       Shoot, I'm sorry to hear that.  Seems like things are still adjusting after the pandemic- with your skills, another employer would be lucky to have you.  I hope something good comes along soon!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Laurabw said:

Thank you. I’m a creative services project manager. I work on direct mail and print collateral pieces and the entire process of getting them written designed and printed. Schedules, budgets back-and-forth with clients creatives and vendors.
The challenge for me is that there is usually only one or maybe two in most companies, if at all, and with all the people in the big companies who have been laid off lately, they’re all going to be searching.

working on updating my résumé, thanks for the offer.

Good luck and the offer stands.

P/G

Edited by grep
  • Like 2

On 3/4/2023 at 6:28 AM, Inthend said:

😇😊 She showed up this morning; not a scratch on her! 

I was just ready to post that she might still come back.  Rusty went missing years ago when he was still an outside  kitty, he was gone for over a week and I was frantic.  Even went to the animal shelter and left his info on the board.  A few days later, I come home from work and he was sitting on the steps of the back porch.  All I can figure is he may have got in someone's garage or other place he couldn't get out of but he managed to make it back.

So happy to hear Lash is home! :clap::smile:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 3

On 3/3/2023 at 9:54 PM, Laurabw said:

Wow.

Wishing you the strength and courage it takes to move on. I know from experience many years ago, while we are current and things go along on a regular basis the prospects of finding new work are almost entertain-able, such that we can complain and wish for something better, etc. because the networks and connections are in our face every few hours, every day.

But when that situation changes? It's like asking for favours or trying to convince strangers that your credit is worth it. Just creating a fresh resume and such, not fun.

Call on every good contact you have. You aren't asking for a favour -You are now available to join another project. Your value will be seen before long - let's hope a revival and silver lining comes from this shitty situation!

I read in past posts you used to play the trumpet? Ride motor bikes? 

I see a travelling performer on the horizon - big bucks for high brow audiences? 

Good luck to you, Laurabw.

• Like 1

Since having been offline for most of this new year I haven't been able to give my condolences to you who've lost a loved one, a beloved pet, a job, or family memories in form of lost photos.

My sympathies to all of you, and wishes of strength. :rose::rose::rose:

• Like 4

The streets of Paris, enjoying days and days of public workers strikes....

8SyQdIJ.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Principled Man said:

The streets of Paris, enjoying days and days of public workers strikes....

8SyQdIJ.jpg

Retirement at is a crime against humanity!