What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

The person I'm renting my home from has made the decision to sell it. I'm being forced to leave unless I can somehow come up with the money to purchase it. I can barely cover my bills as it is and I have nowhere to go. I don't know what else to do at this point but drink wine and enjoy my music, and appreciate what I still have in this moment. I feel dead. I have worked so hard to get here. Now everything is being taken away. Again.

Maybe there are people who remember me, and know that my father passed away ten years ago. My mother and I lost the home that he built because he refinanced to establish his own company. We couldn't afford the mortgage, and he removed my mother's name when they divorced. Consequently our home was foreclosed on. It haunts me every day to think that a stranger is sleeping in my father's room, and someone else is using the kitchen where we cooked all of our Sunday dinners and holiday meals. Now I'm losing everything, all over again. This life feels like a movie. It doesn't even seem real anymore. Grieving over the past is one thing, but wondering if I will have a roof over my head is something entirely different. I'm losing the strength to continue onward.

I keep thinking about my great grandfather. He commited suicide. I never had the chance to meet him, but I feel that I am experiencing the same emotions that he did in his final days. I don't want to bother anyone with my problems, and I know I'm not the only one struggling, but this feels so bad. I’m terrified.

17 hours ago, Moonlit Dreamer said:

The person I'm renting my home from has made the decision to sell it. I'm being forced to leave unless I can somehow come up with the money to purchase it. I can barely cover my bills as it is and I have nowhere to go. I don't know what else to do at this point but drink wine and enjoy my music, and appreciate what I still have in this moment. I feel dead. I have worked so hard to get here. Now everything is being taken away. Again.

Maybe there are people who remember me, and know that my father passed away ten years ago. My mother and I lost the home that he built because he refinanced to establish his own company. We couldn't afford the mortgage, and he removed my mother's name when they divorced. Consequently our home was foreclosed on. It haunts me every day to think that a stranger is sleeping in my father's room, and someone else is using the kitchen where we cooked all of our Sunday dinners and holiday meals. Now I'm losing everything, all over again. This life feels like a movie. It doesn't even seem real anymore. Grieving over the past is one thing, but wondering if I will have a roof over my head is something entirely different. I'm losing the strength to continue onward.

I keep thinking about my great grandfather. He commited suicide. I never had the chance to meet him, but I feel that I am experiencing the same emotions that he did in his final days. I don't want to bother anyone with my problems, and I know I'm not the only one struggling, but this feels so bad. I’m terrified.

You should call 988 and talk to someone who can help, please. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

You should call 988 and talk to someone who can help, please. 

Please don't isolate, please call for help. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Moonlit Dreamer said:

I remember you. I'm so sorry to hear that things are not going well.  I'm glad you are able to be honest here, but as Rhyta and Nova said, please seek some local help.  It is a difficult time when you have to move and having someone to talk to or discuss options with could make a big difference.  I'll be thinking of you- please let us know how things are going.

• Like 4

My longtime friend passed last night at the age of 44. She was a genuinely kind soul, I don't recall a single time that she said a bad thing about anybody. That's how she was, a real, down-to-earth friend and a true lady.

I was fortunate to be able to visit her twice in the hospice. I will miss her a lot, as will all of her friends and colleagues.

Rest in peace, my dear friend. :heart::rose::sad::sad::sad:

On 7/19/2022 at 9:56 AM, Moonlit Dreamer said:

Please take care and search help! You don't have to go through this all alone. There are positive solutions waiting for you, and you may need another perspective to see them. There are people who want to listen to you and help you to find new beginnings.

And please keep us updated on how you're doing.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Sun & Moon said:

My longtime friend passed last night at the age of 44. She was a genuinely kind soul, I don't recall a single time that she said a bad thing about anybody. That's how she was, a real, down-to-earth friend and a true lady.

I was fortunate to be able to visit her twice in the hospice. I will miss her a lot, as will all of her friends and colleagues.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss- she sounds like she was a great friend. I'm glad you were able to visit her- I'm sure it meant a lot to her to have support.  :hug2:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, blueschica said:

I'm sorry to hear of your loss- she sounds like she was a great friend. I'm glad you were able to visit her- I'm sure it meant a lot to her to have support.  :hug2:

Thank you, blueschica. :hug2: :heart:

• Like 2

Part of a town North of me on 60 day health alert due to a postive rabies test in a feral cat.  As a former  ACO  (Animal Control Officer, aka The Dogcatcher), this is alays a concern.  Rabies i something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, much less somone's pet.  Keep your fur babies vaccinated and yourself safe.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Rabies is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy…..

You’re a better man than me, sir.   I have a few enemies who I would……well, you know.   :scared:  :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A confirmed case of POLIO in New York state.  A young man, who had travelled in Eastern Europe, and unvaccinated.  He’s having trouble walking.  

• Like 2

Thank you to everyone who responded to me; I really do appreciate it. I'm sorry that I haven't replied yet. I am an introvert, so communicating is sometimes difficult for me. I'm also less motivated to write when I'm in this frame of mind.

They took photos of the house yesterday, which included photos of my personal belongings. Pictures of my life, of everything that matters to me, for all of the world to see. I feel violated. I work, I pay my bills, I abide by the law, I keep to myself, yet this is what I deserve. I feel like I am made of lead, like I'm dragging myself around. This is perhaps the worst that I have ever felt. I can't believe this is happening.

I would seek help, but I don't want to lose my job because I was hospitalized and unable to show up. I also need to be here for my cats and my dog, so I make myself keep going for them even though I really can't. If they weren't here, I wouldn't be either. The air in this home feels heavy, dark, and silent, like the house is aware of the hell unfolding. It seems the world was set out to destroy me from the start, and I don't understand why. I really should not be alone at this time. Then I think about my job and my four-legged companions, and I have no choice. I have reached a dead end.

21 hours ago, Moonlit Dreamer said:

Thank you to everyone who responded to me; I really do appreciate it. I'm sorry that I haven't replied yet. I am an introvert, so communicating is sometimes difficult for me. I'm also less motivated to write when I'm in this frame of mind.

They took photos of the house yesterday, which included photos of my personal belongings. Pictures of my life, of everything that matters to me, for all of the world to see. I feel violated. I work, I pay my bills, I abide by the law, I keep to myself, yet this is what I deserve. I feel like I am made of lead, like I'm dragging myself around. This is perhaps the worst that I have ever felt. I can't believe this is happening.

I would seek help, but I don't want to lose my job because I was hospitalized and unable to show up. I also need to be here for my cats and my dog, so I make myself keep going for them even though I really can't. If they weren't here, I wouldn't be either. The air in this home feels heavy, dark, and silent, like the house is aware of the hell unfolding. It seems the world was set out to destroy me from the start, and I don't understand why. I really should not be alone at this time. Then I think about my job and my four-legged companions, and I have no choice. I have reached a dead end.

Im so sorry to hear this! You said your landlords are selling the house?  It is very unprofessional of their realtor to take photos with your personal possesions in them.  It does sound like a difficult situation.  I'm glad you have your animals there to be of some comfort.

• Like 3

On 7/20/2022 at 2:44 PM, Sun & Moon said:

So sorry to hear this, I hadn't logged in for a few days and just saw this today.  It was good that you had time with her but I know it hurts to lose someone so close to you.  You are in my thoughts and prayers my friend :heart::hug2:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

On 7/24/2022 at 12:00 AM, Rhyta said:

So sorry to hear this, I hadn't logged in for a few days and just saw this today.  It was good that you had time with her but I know it hurts to lose someone so close to you.  You are in my thoughts and prayers my friend :heart::hug2:

Thank you, Rhyta! Your kindness is highly appreciated. :heart::hug2:

• Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 11:22 AM, Moonlit Dreamer said:

I'm sorry to hear that the way they photographed your home was so poorly arranged. It's easy to understand that it feels very bad. :sad:

I'm happy that you have your four-legged friends. They are precious and so wise. Hang on in there, Moonlit Dreamer! Better days are coming. Dark night will not last forever. I'll keep you in my prayers. :heart::hug2:

• Like 2

On 7/21/2022 at 10:47 AM, pjbear05 said:

Part of a town North of me on 60 day health alert due to a postive rabies test in a feral cat.  As a former  ACO  (Animal Control Officer, aka The Dogcatcher), this is alays a concern.  Rabies i something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, much less somone's pet.  Keep your fur babies vaccinated and yourself safe.

Oh hell, another feral cat tested positive in the area,  alert extended to 120 days.  What animal out there is the initial host, or as the CDC would say in a disease outbreak in humans, Patient Zero?

A retired couple from Janesville, WI went to Washington D.C. to celebrate their 56th Wedding Anniversary.

They were struck and killed by lightning.   Lafayette Square, just north of the White House, yesterday evening.  Two others are in critical condition.

:facepalm:  :sad:

8 hours ago, Principled Man said:

A retired couple from Janesville, WI went to Washington D.C. to celebrate their 56th Wedding Anniversary.

They were struck and killed by lightning.   Lafayette Square, just north of the White House, yesterday evening.  Two others are in critical condition.

:sad::sad:  They looked really sweet. There was a photo on our news of them both with their Brewers shirts on. Lightning is a cool phenomenon but I'm not a big fan. It has hit our backyard 3 times (we are near the top of a hill.)  The noise is unreal.

• Like 3

On 8/5/2022 at 9:40 PM, Principled Man said:

:sad:

• Like 2

Today is the 30th anniversary of Hurricane Andrew, at the time the greatest natural disaster to hit the US.

65 killed; 63,000 homes destroyed and 175,000 left homeless; initially, half a million people without power; 

3 cities-Homestead, Florida Lakes, and Naranja Lakes-completely destroyed, or nearly so.  I vivdly remember an official's comment upon an aerial view of Homestead-"it looked like a city that had been bombed".

It exposed shoddy home construction of the period, introducing a new terminology to the area; "Miami-Dade certified", referring to standards for home construction and remodeling materials and labor as an afternath of the destruction. 

I remember the area huddling down as the storm approached.  Weatherman for the NBC affiliate WTVJ Bryon Norcross as the guiding voice through the storm even as station staff retreated to a safe area of their studio. The obliteration of homes and neighbhoods.  The chaos and temporary lawlessness on the streets afterwards; when asked to comment on looters raiding houses and businesses in his area one gentleman,  patrolling his neighborhood and shown with a cocked and locked .45 automatic in his belt, responded "planet of the apes."

Most of all I count my blessings.  Had Andrew not veered South in the 3 hours before landfall, the full brunt could have hit the vicinity of the Dade-Broward county line; being barely 5 miles from there it is likely Karen, myself, and our house would not have survived. That, and the thought of survivors if similar disasters, still sends a chill through my bones.  And so it was, until a vile lady named Katrina came calling, and another named Wilma, which truly shut us down for a few days, and out of work for a week.

A prayer for them all.  :sad:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pjbear05 said:

Today is the 30th anniversary of Hurricane Andrew, at the time the greatest natural disaster to hit the US.

65 killed; 63,000 homes destroyed and 175,000 left homeless; initially, half a million people without power; 

3 cities-Homestead, Florida Lakes, and Naranja Lakes-completely destroyed, or nearly so.  I vivdly remember an official's comment upon an aerial view of Homestead-"it looked like a city that had been bombed".

It exposed shoddy home construction of the period, introducing a new terminology to the area; "Miami-Dade certified", referring to standards for home construction and remodeling materials and labor as an afternath of the destruction. 

I remember the area huddling down as the storm approached.  Weatherman for the NBC affiliate WTVJ Bryon Norcross as the guiding voice through the storm even as station staff retreated to a safe area of their studio. The obliteration of homes and neighbhoods.  The chaos and temporary lawlessness on the streets afterwards; when asked to comment on looters raiding houses and businesses in his area one gentleman,  patrolling his neighborhood and shown with a cocked and locked .45 automatic in his belt, responded "planet of the apes."

Most of all I count my blessings.  Had Andrew not veered South in the 3 hours before landfall, the full brunt could have hit the vicinity of the Dade-Broward county line; being barely 5 miles from there it is likely Karen, myself, and our house would not have survived. That, and the thought of survivors if similar disasters, still sends a chill through my bones.  And so it was, until a vile lady named Katrina came calling, and another named Wilma, which truly shut us down for a few days, and out of work for a week.

A prayer for them all.  :sad:

Thank you for sharing these memories. Here on the other side of the great Atlantic Ocean these natural disasters were watched in TV news, and I can only imagine how terrifying these hurricanes were.

:rose::rose::rose:

• Like 4

The approaching end of summer. September is a month of transition. The vegetation begins looking bedraggled and fewer plants will be blooming. The days get shorter and the weather is fickle (hot spells, cool spells). I enjoy autumn itself, so we can just fast-forward to October as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 2