What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

On 6/11/2022 at 8:02 AM, Rick N. Backer said:

My nephew recently finished treatment at Dana Farber Cancer Center for Hodgkins Lymphoma.  He was 13 when he was diagnosed, and he was healthy before that.  My paternal grandparents both died of brain cancer, although neither smoked and my grandfather was out of the military about 25 years when he got sick.

I asked because parents of children who were killed in action who met Biden were very critical of Biden for bringing up his son's death during their meeting.  Their complaint was that he seemed to be doing it to suggest he sympathized with them, as if he too lost a son because of his military service.   Biden has a history of adding elements to already tragic circumstances for what some might say are cynical reasons.  His first wife and daughter were killed in a tragic automobile accident.  They were not killed by someone who "liked to drink his lunch," as Biden said.  The officers investigating the accident said there was no evidence the other driver was intoxicated, and the other driver's family has been very critical of Biden for suggesting their father was drunk.

To be honest, I inferred that the point of your original post was that Trump's kids are bad people, as compared to Biden's "heroic," children.  Which, as I'm quite sure you know, is an odd point to make, particularly with regard to one of Biden's sons.  I agree that people who serve the country honorably deserve respect for that sacrifice.  And, as I said, Beau Biden's death isn't less tragic if he got cancer for the same reason my grandparents did.

Full disclosure, I don't like Joe Biden.  Not because I like Trump, I've never voted for Trump.  Because he's the kind of person who lies about being admitted to Annapolis so he can be, "one of the gang," (which sort of explains why he might do things like claim his son died in action when speaking to parents whose sons really did).   Because he's the kind of person who has a granddaughter he refuses to recognize because he doesn't like her mother.  Because having been aware of him since about 1988, I think he's a dishonest blowhard who was repurposed as "good ole Uncle Joe," to defeat Trump, although that is not who he is.

Like Trump, Biden's been known as a serial bullshitter for decades.  When either speaks, I always question both the accuracy and motives of what they say.

• Like 4

On 6/11/2022 at 9:14 AM, IbanezJem said:

Much more serious matters for me to worry about... my "wife" shut my favourite cat in my living room last night, and my poor baby had no choice but to empty his bowels on my sofa. I don`t blame him... :no: 

Oh do I sympathize, have a cat with diabetes and he has accidents all the time now.  Poor kitty he can't help it and he always chooses the most inconvenient spot for them.  Actually he really can't help it sometimes but it makes me sad for him. Not to mention the cleanup :ohmy:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, goose said:

Like Trump, Biden's been known as a serial bullshitter for decades.  When either speaks, I always question both the accuracy and motives of what they say.

All politicians are b.s. masters no doubt.  What made me sad about this whole incident is the reactions from the opposing camps, if Biden screws up then it's the end of the world.  Yet they didn't mind the tons of mind boggling b.s from the TFG. :rolleyes:

Edited by Rhyta

4 hours ago, Rhyta said:

All politicians are b.s. masters no doubt.  What made me sad about this whole incident is the reactions from the opposing camps, if Biden screws up then it's the end of the world.  Yet they didn't mind the tons of mind boggling b.s from the TFG. :rolleyes:

Am I right in thinking you believe Trump got a pass for four years?  If so that's an interesting take

10 hours ago, goose said:

Am I right in thinking you believe Trump got a pass for four years?  If so that's an interesting take

THE RESISTANCE will never acknowledge their role in the toxic mess that was the Trump years. 

I'm so ready to put Biden and Trump in the rear-view mirror. There has to be a sober and serious GenXer out there ready to earn the job.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

THE RESISTANCE will never acknowledge their role in the toxic mess that was the Trump years. 

I'm so ready to put Biden and Trump in the rear-view mirror. There has to be a sober and serious GenXer out there ready to earn the job.

From your lips to God's ears! We can only hope. Must be someone capable out there.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

This times 1000000.

It's time for Gen-X to take their (OUR) place of leaderhship. Enough of these f***ing boomers and their yesterday's world view.   On all sides of the table. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, grep said:

This times 1000000.

It's time for Gen-X to take their (OUR) place of leaderhship. Enough of these f***ing boomers and their yesterday's world view....   On all sides of the table. 

...and lying thievery

• Like 1

On 6/12/2022 at 8:20 PM, goose said:

Never said that, I meant that he got away with so much crap and it was disgusting how everyone just said  that's TGF being himself as if that made it alright.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

Yes their day is coming but don't break your arm patting your generation on its back.  Boomers thought it was time for the old guard to leave in the 60's and they made their own messes.  The next generation will do somethings different but it won't be perfect.   I am ready to see some change but will wait to see if it is for the better or not.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Yes their day is coming but don't break your arm patting your generation on its back.  Boomers thought it was time for the old guard to leave in the 60's and they made their own messes.  The next generation will do somethings different but it won't be perfect.   I am ready to see some change but will wait to see if it is for the better or not.

I don’t need perfect. Just better than the dumpster fire of most of this century. 

• Like 1

Been to this store in the city I grew up in many times.  I got a couple of vinyl albums 20 percent off last Friday.  I agree that it's nice they're not closing down but Claremont and the colleges surrounding it is not the same without it.

https://claremont-courier.com/opinion/rhino-moves-on-so-does-claremont-66470/

• Like 1

Received a post from my niece on my Messenger page stating she took my sister to the E.R. late yesterday afternoon due to severe stomach pain. Turned out to be appendicitis, and she was scheduled for an appendectomy today.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

Received a post from my niece on my Messenger page stating she took my sister to the E.R. late yesterday afternoon due to severe stomach pain. Turned out to be appendicitis, and she was scheduled for an appendectomy today.  

Sending your niece  wishes for comfort and quick healing!  

I've only ever once had a terrible stomach ache, but that is one of my fears- that I will have one and go to sleep or something and it will turn out to be appendicitis.  Your sister was wise to head to the ER.

• Like 1

Discovered my 2013 North American Tour T-shirt-the one I'm wearing in my avatar-has a ho!e in one armpit from a seam letting go.  It must have occurred during the YYNOT concert.

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 2

Sorry, remind me (if I should know this) what is the YYNOT tour?

(Not a fan of googling everything I encounter just to be on point).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bahamas said:

Sorry, remind me (if I should know this) what is the YYNOT tour?

(Not a fan of googling everything I encounter just to be on point).

They are one of the better Rush tribute bands and they are touring to a number of cities this summer.  They have a Bassist, Tim Starace, who is really excellent and they have also done some original stuff and released a CD of it last summer.  As with most of the Rush tribute bands it seems, it takes 4 people to make their sound.  They have a guitarist, Tim Starace on bass, a drummer, and a female vocalist.  pj got to see them in Florida recently.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, blueschica said:

They are one of the better Rush tribute bands and they are touring to a number of cities this summer.  They have a Bassist, Tim Starace, who is really excellent and they have also done some original stuff and released a CD of it last summer.  As with most of the Rush tribute bands it seems, it takes 4 people to make their sound.  They have a guitarist, Tim Starace on bass, a drummer, and a female vocalist.  pj got to see them in Florida recently.

YYNOT has encapsulated the late 70's -> MP era Rush sound and written more accessible songs around that sound. The albums are really good in their own right.  Even if Tim did steal Geddy's fingers.

They are awesome, and like Zebra back in the day  - should be f***ing bigger than they are.

• Like 2

Amen to the YYNOT comments, killer concert last Saturday.  Fun meet and greet outside of the venue afterwards.  Would love to see them in a decent sized hall, have them unleash everything.  A number of good vids on YouTube and an extensive FB page.

• Like 3

I've been offline for a long time. One of my longtime friends is in hospice. We've known each other since high school, she's my age, in her mid-50's. There's nothing left to do with the brain cancer that came back in an aggressive, cobweb-like form, after many years of good health. I'm looking forward to visiting her in the hospice again very soon.

Naturally, my thoughts and prayers have been with her, and with what Lorraine went through. :heart::heart:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sun & Moon said:

I've been offline for a long time. One of my longtime friends is in hospice. We've known each other since high school, she's my age, in her mid-50's. There's nothing left to do with the brain cancer that came back in an aggressive, cobweb-like form, after many years of good health. I'm looking forward to visiting her in the hospice again very soon.

Naturally, my thoughts and prayers have been with her, and with what Lorraine went through. :heart::heart:

:hug2:

• Like 1

Reading the list of today's birthdays on the home page and considering what we've all lost.

• Like 2