What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

It`s looking like my marriage is over, but that`s okay. No catalyst, no recriminations, and I`ve tried. We`ve been far too much like siblings instead of husband of wife for a very long time and it`s all very good-natured :)

It`s always going to be difficult when I`m the sane one :crazy:

Very sad to hear this, though it seems like it may be for the best at this point.

I will ad that if my wife and I got along like siblings we'd have split long ago. My sisters are nuts! :lol:

:lol: I think that because she doesn`t talk to her family and I don`t have siblings, we`ve ended up being more friends than anything. Which you`d have to say is a long way from the worst way things can end up! I`m still alive, for a start :yes:

Sounds like it's amicable, which is a blessing.

I often wonder about marriage in the modern world, and how many from the younger generations will even bother with the tradition. I'm not sure how necessary it is anymore...

• Like 1

It`s looking like my marriage is over, but that`s okay. No catalyst, no recriminations, and I`ve tried. We`ve been far too much like siblings instead of husband of wife for a very long time and it`s all very good-natured :)

Very sad to hear this, though it seems like it may be for the best at this point.

I will ad that if my wife and I got along like siblings we'd have split long ago. My sisters are nuts! :lol:

:lol: I think that because she doesn`t talk to her family and I don`t have siblings, we`ve ended up being more friends than anything. Which you`d have to say is a long way from the worst way things can end up! I`m still alive, for a start :yes:

Sounds like it's amicable, which is a blessing.

I often wonder about marriage in the modern world, and how many from the younger generations will even bother with the tradition. I'm not sure how necessary it is anymore...

We didn`t need to be married, without kids or a religious sentiment between us. I`d have opted for a civil ceremony but this wasn`t available for straight couples at the time. The reality is we were going on holiday to Scotland and realised we were passing Gretna Green and sort of threw the marriage into the journey. Not classically romantic, from day one :cool: I hear that waking up each day and choosing to be together without a traditional commitment is quite en vogue, but then how many days would we have lasted if we`d tried that I can`t imagine... Edited by IbanezJem

Ukraine footage on my telly.

Sharing the longest borderline in Europe with Russia and having had two wars with the Soviet Union in 1939-1944, war traumas still visible in my generation (2nd/3rd generation after the war ended), my home country Finland has been seriously struck with the news of the war in Ukraine.

I've been offline more than a week since I've had troubles concentrating. I've thought about the worst things (including the nukes). I've thought about my brother, my male friends and colleagues who might and very possibly would be called into duty in case of an attack to our country, and I've also been thinking about what things I'd take with me from my home if I had to flee to another country as a refugee. How much time would I have to pack my backbag, and would I be able to get somewhere safe? Or should I try to stay, protect my parents and help my country?

Needless to say, I've limited the intake of the war news to the minimum.

I've been thinking of you. :hug2: Such a difficult situation and your worries are very understandable with being so close to Russia.

• Like 2

Glad things are friendly between you two. Sounds like it is for the better. :hug2:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 4

I finally realized why the TRF banner looked different to me...it's what's missing...

That was the very first thing I noticed when the site was up and running again.

• Like 2

I finally realized why the TRF banner looked different to me...it's what's missing...

Yes, it was time though.

Yes, it was time though.

I know, but it still makes me sad. Though the banner made me sad too!

• Like 2

It's been two weeks since we had to let our sweet Ron Weasley cross the Rainbow Bridge. I have waited this long to say anything since I can't stop crying when I try to write this. I have had lots of loveable cats in my life but he has been one of my best buddies. Always got up on the bed in the morning to head bump me for pets. He was in pain so I had to let him go but it hurts. I hoped to post a picture but can't seem to get it to work, he was a red cream tabby British Shorthair, our first kitten from our first litter, would have been 17 in May. :heart: :kisshug: Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 3

It's been two weeks since we had to let our sweet Ron Weasley cross the Rainbow Bridge. I have waited this long to say anything since I can't stop crying when I try to write this. I have had lots of loveable cats in my life but he has been one of my best buddies. Always got up on the bed in the morning to head bump me for pets. He was in pain so I had to let him go but it hurts. I hoped to post a picture but can't seem to get it to work, he was a red cream tabby British Shorthair, our first kitten from our first litter, would have been 17 in May. :heart: :kisshug:

Losing family is tough, you go ahead keep crying.

• Like 2

It's been two weeks since we had to let our sweet Ron Weasley cross the Rainbow Bridge. I have waited this long to say anything since I can't stop crying when I try to write this. I have had lots of loveable cats in my life but he has been one of my best buddies. Always got up on the bed in the morning to head bump me for pets. He was in pain so I had to let him go but it hurts. I hoped to post a picture but can't seem to get it to work, he was a red cream tabby British Shorthair, our first kitten from our first litter, would have been 17 in May. :heart: :kisshug:

So sorry Rhyta. It`s a horrible thing to go through. The lovely memories accumulated over many years will soon replace the tough ones from recent weeks. :hug2:
  • Like 3

My sincerest sympathies

• Like 2

I'm very sorry for your loss, Rhyta. :rose: :( :( I hope good memories of him will carry you over the worst times. You did the right thing, concerning the pain he was in. Hugs! :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this. I hope you will be alright. :cheers:

• Like 3

Thanks :) I think the day could come when I rue the fact I have no friends in this country :eyeroll: and I`m not sure quite how I`m going to address that, but I`m pretty adaptable these days, and can ward off negative thoughts better than I used to.

Thanks :) I think the day could come when I rue the fact I have no friends in this country :eyeroll: and I`m not sure quite how I`m going to address that, but I`m pretty adaptable these days, and can ward off negative thoughts better than I used to.

Why do you have no friends over there? Are you from here and moved because of her and are kind of ostracized since you're not a native? Whatever the reason, my sympathies. I'll suggest that maybe if you put yourself out there a little and are genuine you'll connect with a few folks?

Why do you have no friends over there? Are you from here and moved because of her and are kind of ostracized since you're not a native? Whatever the reason, my sympathies. I'll suggest that maybe if you put yourself out there a little and are genuine you'll connect with a few folks?

We moved up a year ago just because England sucks these days, but as I don`t have to work and this has all been during a pandemic, I tend to stay in our rural idyll and live the life of a retired person! Maybe I`d be a local curio - being genuine isn`t a problem but finding most people boring and living very different lives to me, that is. Health isn`t always great so restricts the number of activities I can get involved in.

I am so sorry to hear about your furbaby. no words, just a big hug :hug2:
  • Like 2

We moved up a year ago just because England sucks these days, but as I don`t have to work and this has all been during a pandemic, I tend to stay in our rural idyll and live the life of a retired person! Maybe I`d be a local curio - being genuine isn`t a problem but finding most people boring and living very different lives to me, that is. Health isn`t always great so restricts the number of activities I can get involved in.

Bummer. Not to tell you how to live but if you're not in a good place emotionally because of how you're living maybe change it up? Doesn't have to be a big change.

• Like 2

Bummer. Not to tell you how to live but if you're not in a good place emotionally because of how you're living maybe change it up? Doesn't have to be a big change.

I appreciate the idea but in all honesty, separating is most definitely good for my health and will make my life much easier. I`ve tried to support her, and it`s quite a release to not have to walk on the metaphorical eggshells. It`s sucked the energy out of me for so long :sigh:

I appreciate the idea but in all honesty, separating is most definitely good for my health and will make my life much easier. I`ve tried to support her, and it`s quite a release to not have to walk on the metaphorical eggshells. It`s sucked the energy out of me for so long :sigh:

I get it brother. Sending positivity your way........

• Like 1