What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

Not so much a sad thing, but probably brought on by feeling a bit off my game and drinking too early and sitting in the sun listening to CVH - I hit my head really hard on the shower screen and have a red mark and a bump, and then I fell on the stairs too and hurt my coccyx. Scenario "A" may well have led to "B".

Not so much a sad thing, but probably brought on by feeling a bit off my game and drinking too early and sitting in the sun listening to CVH - I hit my head really hard on the shower screen and have a red mark and a bump, and then I fell on the stairs too and hurt my coccyx. Scenario "A" may well have led to "B".

Be careful.

• Like 2

Be careful.

I shall be more British today, and stick to tea :eyeroll:
  • Like 2

Be careful.

Good idea~ :)

• Like 2

Having a Van Halen (Roth) day here blasting though the house with the windows open and the music is awesome! :notworthy:

:sundog: Shine on, Ed! :sundog:

My soon to be separated husband and I are dividing up the stuff in the kitchen (our papers to be signed next Thursday the 15th) and I am extremely sad, immensely angry and feel betrayed beyond belief. He just sees nothing wrong with breaking up and and moving on after 20 years - and he's like, hey, we'll hang out and still be friends and call each other and stuff and hang out -

I just want to punch him in the face. Thanks for giving up on me - sh8head. You could have done a lot worse than me.

• Like 1

....and he's like, hey, we'll hang out and still be friends and call each other and stuff and hang out -

I just want to punch him in the face.

Punch away!! :bitchslap: Nothing irks me more than the "we can still be friends" line.

• Like 4

Having a Van Halen (Roth) day here blasting though the house with the windows open and the music is awesome! :notworthy:

My soon to be separated husband and I are dividing up the stuff in the kitchen (our papers to be signed next Thursday the 15th) and I am extremely sad, immensely angry and feel betrayed beyond belief. He just sees nothing wrong with breaking up and and moving on after 20 years - and he's like, hey, we'll hang out and still be friends and call each other and stuff and hang out -

I just want to punch him in the face. Thanks for giving up on me - sh8head. You could have done a lot worse than me.

tenor.gif?itemid=10592526

• Like 2

Look, Librarian, I am in no position to give marital advice (that's why I bought the latest copy of the Enquirer so I could read about the secrets that kept the 40 year marriage of Jon and Theodora Bon Jovi going [just joking about buying it, but it is a real article]), but your husband is a jerk. Let him go.

The question isn't whether he could have done worse - it's that you deserve better.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

Look, Librarian, I am in no position to give marital advice (that's why I bought the latest copy of the Enquirer so I could read about the secrets that kept the 40 year marriage of Jon and Theodora Bon Jovi going [just joking about buying it, but it is a real article]), but you're husband is a jerk. Let him go.

The question isn't whether he could have done worse - it's that you deserve better.

:hug2: Thank you.

• Like 2

So sorry you're going through this plus all of the emotions....I get the anger, feeling betrayed and sad. It's a whirlwind of emotions.

And, yes, a punch in the face too is what I'd want to do too....be friends and hang out....yeah right.

You have my empathy. I hate when people say oh hang in there, so I wont! You need time to feel and heal.

And, you will!!!!!

:heart: :rose: :hug2:

• Like 2

WTF?

• Like 1

So sorry you're going through this plus all of the emotions....I get the anger, feeling betrayed and sad. It's a whirlwind of emotions.

And, yes, a punch in the face too is what I'd want to do too....be friends and hang out....yeah right.

You have my empathy. I hate when people say oh hang in there, so I wont! You need time to feel and heal.

And, you will!!!!!

Thank you! :hug2:

• Like 1

Look, Librarian, I am in no position to give marital advice (that's why I bought the latest copy of the Enquirer so I could read about the secrets that kept the 40 year marriage of Jon and Theodora Bon Jovi going [just joking about buying it, but it is a real article]), but your husband is a jerk. Let him go.

My apologies - it wasn't The Enquirer, it is People Magazine.

Here you go Librarian: https://etcanada.com/news/697159/jon-bon-jovi-says-mutual-respect-is-the-secret-to-his-40-year-relationship-with-wife-dorothea-bongiovi/

You and I had better read up so we can be prepared for raving success stories the next marriage go-round. :eyeroll: ;) :LOL: :hug2:

• Like 2

WTF?

Doesn't want to be legally bound to anyone anymore - wants to be free and do whatever, whenever for the remainder of his life. He purchased a house and he is starting to pack up - but he feels I should stay somewhat near - as we are like friends or family know as opposed to being married, so we'll be friends ...yeah... :banghead: :eh: :sarcastic:

tenor.gif?itemid=10592526

:hug2: Thank you!

• Like 2

Be careful.

I love tea, it really helps me calm down. Especially nice in the winter, feels good. Take care.

And, you will!!!!!

I agree 1000% with this. His attitude is so cavalier, it is so disrespectful. And he expects you to hang around waiting for him to grace you with his appearance when he sees fit??? What a jerk! It had to hurt after all those years together, thinking you knew him and then he betrays you. That is a long time to be married and it will take time to heal from it. It's lousy to have to go through a divorce but it can work out for the better. :hug2:

You will survive and do better, I was lucky to find another man who makes me grateful every day.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 3

Be careful.

I love tea, it really helps me calm down. Especially nice in the winter, feels good. Take care.

Be careful.

Same. I can never drink coffee anymore. I like it very hot, milk no sugar thanks :) :coffee:

• Like 1

And, you will!!!!!

I agree 1000% with this. His attitude is so cavalier, it is so disrespectful. And he expects you to hang around waiting for him to grace you with his appearance when he sees fit??? What a jerk! It had to hurt after all those years together, thinking you knew him and then he betrays you. That is a long time to be married and it will take time to heal from it. It's lousy to have to go through a divorce but it can work out for the better. :hug2:

You will survive and do better, I was lucky to find another man who makes me grateful every day.

Thank you. :hug2: There is going to be a WTF thought bubble over my head for a while about this. I have a lot to do in the meantime - find a FT job, I am back working at my PT job (Yay!), so I don't sit and wallow, and I have to find somewhere else to live and live in either NC (near my family when the virus some day settles down) or NY and the house is going up for sale in the Spring.

Such a colossal f*4Kng waste of time...

• Like 1

Be careful.

Be careful.

Same. I can never drink coffee anymore. I like it very hot, milk no sugar thanks :) :coffee:

I am so sorry. Please get well soon! :cheerleader: :cheers: :sundog:

• Like 1

That`s a shocking situation. What you`re going through is of course much nastier and harder, but this reminds me of the way to look at it if someone you thought was a friend borrows your money and then disappears from your life - it was worth the cost to remove that person from your life; you get a choice now with when you deal with and see him and he`s shown you his real worth. So sorry you`re going through this.
  • Like 2

That`s a shocking situation. What you`re going through is of course much nastier and harder, but this reminds me of the way to look at it if someone you thought was a friend borrows your money and then disappears from your life - it was worth the cost to remove that person from your life; you get a choice now with when you deal with and see him and he`s shown you his real worth. So sorry you`re going through this.

Thank you for your kind words. :sundog:

If this is what he wants, I'm not going to stop him.

• Like 1

Thank you for your kind words. :sundog:

If this is what he wants, I'm not going to stop him.

It`s just almost exactly the same situation my wife put me in, just over a year ago. Needless to say, I shared your view on what the future relationship might look like!