What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

Funeral for my girlfriends mother. We were picked up at her parents house in Scarborough (UK), we wnt from the Peasholme Park area where they lived and drove round the bay one last time with her mother. Then in the crematorium we are all stood in the foyer while they carried the coffin in, the music started - Eva Cassidy - Fields of Gold. I could hear the tears right away and that got me going. It brought back memories of my dads funeral 16 years ago. I couldn't watch as the coffin travelled back behind the curtains, and Amazing Grace was being played.

So long Jennifer you will be missed by many :rose: :rose: :rose:

I'm really sorry for the loss to your girlfriend and yourself, metallithrax. :rose:

Thanks Blueschica

• Like 2

Funeral for my girlfriends mother. We were picked up at her parents house in Scarborough (UK), we wnt from the Peasholme Park area where they lived and drove round the bay one last time with her mother. Then in the crematorium we are all stood in the foyer while they carried the coffin in, the music started - Eva Cassidy - Fields of Gold. I could hear the tears right away and that got me going. It brought back memories of my dads funeral 16 years ago. I couldn't watch as the coffin travelled back behind the curtains, and Amazing Grace was being played.

So long Jennifer you will be missed by many :rose: :rose: :rose:

I'm really sorry for the loss to your girlfriend and yourself, metallithrax. :rose:

Thanks Blueschica

My condolences as well, metallithrax...

HCDob5b.gif

• Like 1

My friends mom passed away and the funeral was this friday. My friend asked me to help carry the coffin out of the church, which I of course was honoured to do. It's hard seeing my friend go through this, but another friend and I live close by and are keeping an eye on him.
  • Like 2

My friends mom passed away and the funeral was this friday. My friend asked me to help carry the coffin out of the church, which I of course was honoured to do. It's hard seeing my friend go through this, but another friend and I live close by and are keeping an eye on him.

It's good that you care for your friend like that!

qlKHH6X.gif

• Like 1

I was a pallbearer for both my grandparents. While it is an honor there's also a very heavy feeling that comes with it that can be hard to shake. It really is something huge to think about knowing that you're helping to take that person to their final resting place.

• Like 1

I was a pallbearer for both my grandparents. While it is an honor there's also a very heavy feeling that comes with it that can be hard to shake. It really is something huge to think about knowing that you're helping to take that person to their final resting place.

I was a pallbearer at my fathers funeral, so I kind of knew in advance what to expect. Knowing how much it meant to me, to carry my father the last way, I had no doubt that I wanted to help my friend in doing the same for his mother. But I really had to keep my composure.

qlKHH6X.gif

I feel blessed that he, and my other friend that I mentioned, live on the same street. It's really something to have that kind of friendship.

qlKHH6X.gif

I feel blessed that he, and my other friend that I mentioned, live on the same street. It's really something to have that kind of friendship.

Yup, I remember that experience in both of the towns I grew up in..Saline [suh-LEEN] was more a smaller town than Ypsilanti, but it still wasn't quite the "Beaver Cleaver" type of town...still 'homey' though!

EUXK6cR.gif

I have two MRIs’ today back to back. I’ll be laying in that stupid machine for an hour and a half.

Ugh....

Sorry to hear this, JD...

cOVPf8z.jpg

Feeling really disheartened by my new residence. It was supposed to be an adult step up in life, and six weeks in has largely been an expensive tin can with nothing but problems. :(

I just heard that my sister got let go from her managerial job of 17 years with the same firm. Her department was merged with another one last year and she was the only one kept on out of that mess, only to be eliminated now. She has twins a year and a half away from college, so she's not happy. :(

I just heard that my sister got let go from her managerial job of 17 years with the same firm. Her department was merged with another one last year and she was the only one kept on out of that mess, only to be eliminated now. She has twins a year and a half away from college, so she's not happy. :(

Sorry to hear this, bc, and give my positive wishes to your sis, K?

qyi0cVt.gif

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this, bc, and give my positive wishes to your sis, K?

qyi0cVt.gif

Thanks, Orfie! I know she will appreciate it!

• Like 1

I'm not sure whether to put this in this thread or "Gush about Rush" . . . Someone I follow on Instagram put up several really good video clips from SARStock; the Rush/Rolling Stones/AC/DC concert in Toronto, summer 2003. There were two of Rush; doing Paint It Black as well as Limelight and it struck me how young (!) and energetic the guys looked; they were having so much fun. There were some different clips of Angus Young as well; doing Thunderstruck as well as jamming with Keith Richards later in the show; those were really poignant to see.

I just remember that time really well as we were vacationing in Canada at the time and seriously considered going. (Ended up not as we had three little kids and the expected crowd was so big, one of the regrets of my life.) We had 2 major life changes not long after that and nothing has been the same since. Seeing the performances today was wonderful but it just struck home as to how much time has passed since then, and so quickly. :o

I'm not sure whether to put this in this thread or "Gush about Rush" . . . Someone I follow on Instagram put up several really good video clips from SARStock; the Rush/Rolling Stones/AC/DC concert in Toronto, summer 2003. There were two of Rush; doing Paint It Black as well as Limelight and it struck me how young (!) and energetic the guys looked; they were having so much fun. There were some different clips of Angus Young as well; doing Thunderstruck as well as jamming with Keith Richards later in the show; those were really poignant to see.

I just remember that time really well as we were vacationing in Canada at the time and seriously considered going. (Ended up not as we had three little kids and the expected crowd was so big, one of the regrets of my life.) We had 2 major life changes not long after that and nothing has been the same since. Seeing the performances today was wonderful but it just struck home as to how much time has passed since then, and so quickly. :o

Despite the number of years being the same, 1983 to 1998 seems like a much bigger spread than 2003 to 2018.

• Like 3

Big time earthquake this morning. Trains are messed up so it’ll be a task getting home later today. Some acquaintance’s house damaged majorly. And by far the worst of all: 3 deaths reported so far (it happened 5 hours ago), including a 9 year old girl who was crushed by a concrete wall.

Big time earthquake this morning. Trains are messed up so it’ll be a task getting home later today. Some acquaintance’s house damaged majorly. And by far the worst of all: 3 deaths reported so far (it happened 5 hours ago), including a 9 year old girl who was crushed by a concrete wall.

I'm just starting to see this on our news now. I'm glad you and your wife are ok! I was in a small one when I spent a summer with a friend in California and even that was enough to scare me.

I'm just starting to see this on our news now. I'm glad you and your wife are ok! I was in a small one when I spent a summer with a friend in California and even that was enough to scare me.

Thanks. Mrs. B went to work too...although she left later than me which meant her trains were screwed so she rode her bicycle to work. My trains were fine this morning. I got to my desk THEN the big shakedown went down.

I finish work in about 90 minutes and the trains are still screwed.

News and pictures of damage due to rains and flash floods in the Houghton and Keweenaw Counties of MI. Karen's family's from there, usually a beautiful area to visit.

I got a call from my folks. They brought my black pug to the vet and it turns out he has many types of cancer. It's spread rapidly throughout his body and nobody had a clue. The vet gave him a month to live. My parents couldn't stand euthanizing him so they've got him on a steady diet of painkillers.

He was acting off for the last few months but we thought he had an infection (and treated it quickly) but he just never got better because it was never the problem.