What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

The phone call I got this morning from my partner. She told me that her mother has stopped eating and drinking. We knew she had cancer and have known this for a couple of months, but the nurses that came this morning told her, her twin sister and their father that it seems that their mother/wife held on for Christmas. I know from when my father died that at this stage a couple of days will be lucky.

I went to my mothers after the call (pre-arranged visit) and when my mother asked if there was any news I started to tell them (mother, brother, nephew and his wife) but had to leave the room as I struggled to talk.

The phone call I got this morning from my partner. She told me that her mother has stopped eating and drinking. We knew she had cancer and have known this for a couple of months, but the nurses that came this morning told her, her twin sister and their father that it seems that their mother/wife held on for Christmas. I know from when my father died that at this stage a couple of days will be lucky.

I went to my mothers after the call (pre-arranged visit) and when my mother asked if there was any news I started to tell them (mother, brother, nephew and his wife) but had to leave the room as I struggled to talk.

X4UTRtE.gif?1

Well, she didn't have long to suffer anymore. She died at 8.15am 27-12-2017.

:rose:

:hug2: I'm so sorry for your loss, metallithrax. You and your partner have my sincere condolences; I hope you can lean on each other.

Well, she didn't have long to suffer anymore. She died at 8.15am 27-12-2017.

:rose:

:hug2: I'm so sorry for your loss, metallithrax. You and your partner have my sincere condolences; I hope you can lean on each other.

Thanks. She has spent quite a bit of time with her mother over the last couple of months, visiting on weekends more often than we used to. Her twin sister has also been going over on alternate weekends so someone has been there almost continuously for the last month or so. There are also 4 other siblings that have visited over the time also.

5 of them will have been expecting it, but one has been estranged for a few years and only found out yesterday. She was being taken to see her mother today by her brother, but arrived too late and took it really hard.

I myself feel myself welling up when ever I have told anyone or even reading texts/facebook posts/even that post above by The Cat 3 (which popped up while I was typing this post).

The fact that they knew the end was coming and wouldn't be too long helps in my opinion. You know that the person is going to die and are basically waiting for it to happen. If the person was killed unexpectedly in an accident I think it would be a lot worse for the surviving family.

It is still a bitch when anyone dies because someone is going to be upset, but I suppose we have to accept it as a part of life.

My ramblings, for now, are done for the day.

• Like 1

I'm sorry for the people who have lost people recently.

I'm sad because one of the two jobs that I THOUGHT would've been a good fit, sent a no thanks to my application. I'm entering 2018 with zero income.

I'm sorry for the people who have lost people recently.

I'm sad because one of the two jobs that I THOUGHT would've been a good fit, sent a no thanks to my application. I'm entering 2018 with zero income.

I hope this changes for you soon...

0vw0XvK.jpg

• Like 2

Metallithrax, so sorry for you and your partner's loss. Laurabw, may the New Year bring you good fortune on the hunt for a job.

Orfie and BC, thank you for the kind words. And for BC, congrat's to Penn State!

• Like 2

Wow, lots of SH\T happening for the period of time...I hope everyone has a MUCH better 2018!!!

4nVAbCi.gif

• Like 1

Ventura Highway by America. Song makes me sad for some reason.

Ever have any bad things happen when that song played? I've always thought that was a "HAPPY" song...Happy sunny day cruise on a highway...sorry to hear this, TOG.

RFIKZt6.gif

I saw a kid with a black eye when I went to drop off the interpreted ECG's at the lab. It's hard to not make assumptions, especially if you've been a victim of child abuse in the past.

Funeral for my girlfriends mother. We were picked up at her parents house in Scarborough (UK), we wnt from the Peasholme Park area where they lived and drove round the bay one last time with her mother. Then in the crematorium we are all stood in the foyer while they carried the coffin in, the music started - Eva Cassidy - Fields of Gold. I could hear the tears right away and that got me going. It brought back memories of my dads funeral 16 years ago. I couldn't watch as the coffin travelled back behind the curtains, and Amazing Grace was being played.

So long Jennifer you will be missed by many :rose: :rose: :rose:

Getting a total of 90 minutes of sleep last night.

I wish you a better night's sleep tonight! Have you tried melatonin? 3 mg 30 min before bed might help. (I take 9 mg on my Dr's recommendation.)

I saw a kid with a black eye when I went to drop off the interpreted ECG's at the lab. It's hard to not make assumptions, especially if you've been a victim of child abuse in the past.

:( :hug2:

Funeral for my girlfriends mother. We were picked up at her parents house in Scarborough (UK), we wnt from the Peasholme Park area where they lived and drove round the bay one last time with her mother. Then in the crematorium we are all stood in the foyer while they carried the coffin in, the music started - Eva Cassidy - Fields of Gold. I could hear the tears right away and that got me going. It brought back memories of my dads funeral 16 years ago. I couldn't watch as the coffin travelled back behind the curtains, and Amazing Grace was being played.

So long Jennifer you will be missed by many :rose: :rose: :rose:

I'm really sorry for the loss to your girlfriend and yourself, metallithrax. :rose:

• Like 1