What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

Sad, but in a funny way. I'm in the local Publix, picking up a few groceries. Some folks there are hard at it, getting provisioned up for Turkey Day.

Now most stores have an in house Bakery putting out all types of breads, cakes, pies, cookies, etc. This one has ready to serve Apple pies, Dutch Apple pies, and pecan pies, but get this, NO ready to eat pumpkin pies - NOT A ONE! I was tempted to ask them WTF, but thought better of it. :rage:

Did they at least have sweet potato pies? :heart:

Sad, but in a funny way. I'm in the local Publix, picking up a few groceries. Some folks there are hard at it, getting provisioned up for Turkey Day.

Now most stores have an in house Bakery putting out all types of breads, cakes, pies, cookies, etc. This one has ready to serve Apple pies, Dutch Apple pies, and pecan pies, but get this, NO ready to eat pumpkin pies - NOT A ONE! I was tempted to ask them WTF, but thought better of it. :rage:

Did they at least have sweet potato pies? :heart:

Nope, not happening in my area, not enough bro's and sista's. I'd have to go down to the 'hood to get one. Publix is different as it tends to stock a particular store with the nearby local population in mind. This store it's mostly whites and actually more Latinos (Cuban mainly) than blacks.

The next nearest Publix is in an area where Southern whites predominate.

The third nearest is in an area heavily populated by Jewish households, most of which are Orthodox or Sephardic, and will strictly adhere to Kosher dietary laws. I hit that store right before Passover to pick up my annual supply of Coke Classic "Kosher for Passover" , made with the original Coca-Cola formula - table sugar instead of that nasty HFCS.

Edited by pjbear05

Bake your own. It will taste better. I'm baking a pumpkin cheesecake tomorrow. They're delicious!

We're doing an unconventional thanksgiving. Spaghetti and scratch made sauce with Italian sausage. We're saving the canned pumpkin for Friday and a recipe the wife found online - ground turkey and pumpkin chili.

That sounds good - ground turkey and pumpkin chili. I'll look for the recipe.

Edit: Does this look like the one your wife is using: https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/turkey-pumpkin-chili

Edited by Lorraine

Bake your own. It will taste better. I'm baking a pumpkin cheesecake tomorrow. They're delicious!

We're doing an unconventional thanksgiving. Spaghetti and scratch made sauce with Italian sausage. We're saving the canned pumpkin for Friday and a recipe the wife found online - ground turkey and pumpkin chili.

That sounds good - ground turkey and pumpkin chili. I'll look for the recipe.

Edit: Does this look like the one your wife is using: https://www.wholefoo...y-pumpkin-chili

Similar recipe. Red onion instead of yellow, red pepper instead of green pepper, no jalapenos. My own personal additions/ changes are Choula hot sauce, oregano and pinto beans instead of red kidney beans.

New edit: The wife says the original recipe, Peter Pumpikin Eater chili, or something like that is from JJ Virgin's website. I can't cut and paste because I'm on a tablet.

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 2

Went outside a while ago and there was a strange man all the way in the back of my property going through my stuff. My neighbor ran the guy down and he gave some b.s. story about wanting to jump over the fence to take a short cut. Must have wanted to take some items of mine with him because he had them in his hands when I found him back there. What scares me is that I had no idea he was even there. I went outside to feed the cat and there he was. It was daylight out and he just walked on my property and all the way to the back.

Misogynists who push down my threads because they were created by a woman.

ARE YOU FOR REAL? I might stop reading your posts because you're a REALLY STUPID ACTING JERK! Thank you, I gave you someting to actually yell about.

XT7gIs7.gif

misogynist.

Also, Boots are you referring to this board or another?

• Like 1

Went outside a while ago and there was a strange man all the way in the back of my property going through my stuff. My neighbor ran the guy down and he gave some b.s. story about wanting to jump over the fence to take a short cut. Must have wanted to take some items of mine with him because he had them in his hands when I found him back there. What scares me is that I had no idea he was even there. I went outside to feed the cat and there he was. It was daylight out and he just walked on my property and all the way to the back.

:o :o That's scary. I'm glad you are OK!! I'm so glad your neighbor was able to stop him. There have been robberies like that in this area as well and the news says it is because of the opioid crisis. Apparently people who are hooked will take things not nailed down to get a few dollars. I honestly think neighbors looking out for each other is some of the best protection there is; I'm glad you have a good one!

• Like 2

:o :o That's scary. I'm glad you are OK!! I'm so glad your neighbor was able to stop him. There have been robberies like that in this area as well and the news says it is because of the opioid crisis. Apparently people who are hooked will take things not nailed down to get a few dollars. I honestly think neighbors looking out for each other is some of the best protection there is; I'm glad you have a good one!

You're absolutely right. Neighbors are the best protection. LE is useless. By the time they show up, it's too late. I've been putting off getting a gun and concealed/carry permit, but I can no longer do that.

It's good to start a Block Watch too. I'm not on FB, but I understand that many neighborhoods have a page there reporting crime/suspicious activity/persons.

Lots of addicts here - crack and heroin and now opioids. If you look on the internet, my city comes up for one of the highest in property crime and car theft.

I'm sorry to hear your neighborhood is going as well.

I watched my neighborhood and city go down the tubes in the sixties, and here I am watching another neighborhood/city go the same route.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

You're absolutely right. Neighbors are the best protection. LE is useless. By the time they show up, it's too late. I've been putting off getting a gun and concealed/carry permit, but I can no longer do that.

It's good to start a Block Watch too. I'm not on FB, but I understand that many neighborhoods have a page there reporting crime/suspicious activity/persons.

Lots of addicts here - crack and heroin and now opioids. If you look on the internet, my city comes up for one of the highest in property crime and car theft.

I watched my neighborhood and city go down the tubes in the sixties, and here I am watching another neighborhood/city go the same route.

I got my hand guns in the eighties,nineties and 2012. I also got my CCW license in 2012. That was when I was living up north. This is my newest gun,

IRbBzxw.jpgThis is a Smith & Wesson .40 cal. semi automatic Sigmna. not overly heavy, easy to aim and trigger pull is not overly hard either. Just make sure your weapon is comfortable to YOU. I had to go for a class, which was sponsored by the NRA, and a certified teacher from the NRA locally, and when you get your weapon, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!!! find a place where your can practice your shooting and handling of your weapon, and then KEEP PRACTICING! I have a local place, in Ann Arbor, that is perfect for this, they give CCW classes also and sell survival stuff too.

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

A high profile, random murder on a trail I frequent a few weeks ago made me feel the same way. If you buy soon(ish), make sure you're comfortable with whatever tool you select. Even smaller calibers like 9mm are venerable manstoppers these days, thanks to modern ammunition advancements.

And here's hoping you never have to employ such a tool for it's purpose.

• Like 1

The mother of a friend of mine tried to commit suicide, but thankfully she was found and taken to the emergency. My friend and I was up the whole night taking care of and supporting him. :(

That's awful, but thankfully she was given another chance.

• Like 1

Lorraine, has Lily come back yet? :hug2:

Babycat, no. I can't tell you how awful I feel. It;s almost two weeks. I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what happened to her. She vanished without a trace.

Oh, no.....! I hope she comes back soon..! Sending you all love, hugs and purrs :hug2:

• Like 2

Lorraine, has Lily come back yet? :hug2:

Babycat, no. I can't tell you how awful I feel. It;s almost two weeks. I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what happened to her. She vanished without a trace.

Oh, no.....! I hope she comes back soon..! Sending you all love, hugs and purrs :hug2:

I just hate not knowing what happened to her. The worst is if she got locked in somewhere. I've looked and looked and called endlessly for her.

I got my hand guns in the eighties,nineties and 2012. I also got my CCW license in 2012. That was when I was living up north. This is my newest gun,

IRbBzxw.jpgThis is a Smith & Wesson .40 cal. semi automatic Sigmna. not overly heavy, easy to aim and trigger pull is not overly hard either. Just make sure your weapon is comfortable to YOU. I had to go for a class, which was sponsored by the NRA, and a certified teacher from the NRA locally, and when you get your weapon, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!!! find a place where your can practice your shooting and handling of your weapon, and then KEEP PRACTICING! I have a local place, in Ann Arbor, that is perfect for this, they give CCW classes also and sell survival stuff too.

A high profile, random murder on a trail I frequent a few weeks ago made me feel the same way. If you buy soon(ish), make sure you're comfortable with whatever tool you select. Even smaller calibers like 9mm are venerable manstoppers these days, thanks to modern ammunition advancements.

There's a place out here that gives classes. I think I will apply first for the license, then take the classes and have a chance to try out different guns so I can see which one I'm more comfortable with. Then, make the purchase.

It's gotten so bad out here, that people are warning the LE that if we can't get justice from those we pay to get justice from, we'll take it into our own hands. When you steal a car out here, you get a few weeks in county jail. What kind of deterrent from crime is that? If I were a thief by nature, that would be no deterrent for me. I'd just keep stealing away.

The worst are the sex offenders that get released. My wonderful city gets a grant if they take these perverts here. So, they take advantage of the easy money. The last one to recently relocate here was in for ten years. He raped a six year old boy.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

There's a place out here that gives classes. I think I will apply first for the license, then take the classes and have a chance to try out different guns so I can see which one I'm more comfortable with. Then, make the purchase.

It's gotten so bad out here, that people are warning the LE that if we can't get justice from those we pay to get justice from, we'll take it into our own hands. When you steal a car out here, you get a few weeks in county jail. What kind of deterrent from crime is that? If I were a thief by nature, that would be no deterrent for me. I'd just keep stealing away.

The worst are the sex offenders that get released. My wonderful city gets a grant if they take these perverts here. So, they take advantage of the easy money. The last one to recently relocate here was in for ten years. He raped a six year old boy.

Your town officials need to be VOTED OUT for this greedy B.S. Lorraine. MAKE IT KNOWN what they're doing for greed. what Danger they're putting their populace in.

XT7gIs7.gif

• Like 1

Your town officials need to be VOTED OUT for this greedy B.S. Lorraine. MAKE IT KNOWN what they're doing for greed. what Danger they're putting their populace in.

XT7gIs7.gif

It's not so much them as the judicial system. The cops arrest people and they're out the next day, or they get sentenced to thirty days in county jail with fifteen days credit. I'm serious.

I say if these judges are so full of compassion and leniency, let these perverts and criminals live in their neighborhoods, squat in their backyards in tents, or they can provide a room in their homes for these people. But these types can never afford to live in upscale neighborhoods, so the judges are safe from the riff-raff they foister upon the rest of us.

• Like 1

Hello France? Can we borrow your guillotine, you're not using it anymore...

Hearing things like that make me want to throw up good god that's awful.

Edited by librarian
  • Like 2