What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

I realize that I could leave this forum for a week or a month and no one would notice or care. I always get left out of TRF polls and most of the popularity threads. I still don't have a custom title. I guess I don't have to donate money to the forum.

I always thought you had very intelligent and thoughtful posts. I'd miss you. Heck, I come and go all of the time. Sometimes I leave for over a year and when I come back most people don't even notice. I never get included in those polls either but stuff like that does not really matter. I just like to mess around and have some fun. We don't have to be "Rock Stars" on TRF, Rush are the rock stars.

About your 'Huge Waste of time sig'...I know the significance of 99% of the pics in this. Did you really watch "The Friendly Giant" in your youth? Being in the Area of Detroit, Michigan, We had it on CBC 9 from Windsor, Canada! I even saved that actor's obit from the web years ago...

f2B1C3O.gif?2

• Like 1

This morning, while Lovely Wife was having her hair done, I drove to our local Bob Evans for my free Veterans Day breakfast.

I sat up at the counter with all the hoary old vets and had fun chatting with them ... until they all declared in complete seriousness that those who knelt during our National Anthem ought to face a firing squad. A firing squad? Really? Then they launched into tirades against "all those fkking ragheads in our country."

My son-in-law is native Lebanese, having legally immigrated here 16 years ago from Beirut. That makes my darling grandchildren 50% "fkking raghead."

I couldn't finish my hash browns quickly enough at that point.

:(

I've ran into many veterans that applaud people's first amendment right to stand for the pledge or not. Which is nice. :)

• Like 1

I realize that I could leave this forum for a week or a month and no one would notice or care. I always get left out of TRF polls and most of the popularity threads. I still don't have a custom title. I guess I don't have to donate money to the forum.

I always thought you had very intelligent and thoughtful posts. I'd miss you. Heck, I come and go all of the time. Sometimes I leave for over a year and when I come back most people don't even notice. I never get included in those polls either but stuff like that does not really matter. I just like to mess around and have some fun. We don't have to be "Rock Stars" on TRF, Rush are the rock stars.

About your 'Huge Waste of time sig'...I know the significance of 99% of the pics in this. Did you really watch "The Friendly Giant" in your youth? Being in the Area of Detroit, Michigan, We had it on CBC 9 from Windsor, Canada! I even saved that actor's obit from the web years ago...

f2B1C3O.gif?2

Yeah, I watched The Friendly Giant when I was a little kid.
  • Like 1

This morning, while Lovely Wife was having her hair done, I drove to our local Bob Evans for my free Veterans Day breakfast.

I sat up at the counter with all the hoary old vets and had fun chatting with them ... until they all declared in complete seriousness that those who knelt during our National Anthem ought to face a firing squad. A firing squad? Really? Then they launched into tirades against "all those fkking ragheads in our country."

My son-in-law is native Lebanese, having legally immigrated here 16 years ago from Beirut. That makes my darling grandchildren 50% "fkking raghead."

I couldn't finish my hash browns quickly enough at that point.

I'm sorry you didn't run into my dad, who is a veteran in his 80's and has always been a big human rights and freedom of speech advocate (along with loving to eat those Veteran's Day freebies!) :hug2: Hugs to you and your grandchildren. :heart:

Yeah one of my best friends from 6th grade til today is a vet from the Army and Air Force, '76 to the 2000s. is patriotic, but not a bigot. I swear, a lot of those bigoted idiots don't deserve my honor of their service.

RbQkXfc.png?3

This made me very sad, and it makes you wonder what happens in such a promising young life to turn them going in the opposite direction.

My neighbor doesn't get much work in the cold weather so he looks for ways to make money. This year, he and his friend are bidding on storage bins that are up for auction. Some of these are quite interesting. He just spent almost 45 minutes showing me the items from one of those storage bins and what happened in the life of a 23 year old young lady who is now in prison. A college graduate who worked at a bank. A member of the 4H Club and a youth minister in her church. At one point. she went from all of this to :whipgirl: and drugs. I kid you not.

My neighbor said Saturday night he and a few of my other neighbors went through boxes of s&m stuff - dildos, butt plugs (I don't even know what that is let alone what it would be used for, or why), whips, crotchless panties, chains, leather vests and more whips - laughing up a storm and wondering what they were going to do with all of it (my neighbor brought it all to the dump the next morning). She had a slew of receipts from pawn shops and those places that loan you money (I forget what you call them. Goose, you helped bail one of your coworkers out from under one of those places.). She stole almost $8,00 from the bank she worked at. She's now in federal prison.

What the hell happens that turns such a promising young lady? Her life is now ruined. Isn't this a sad story?

People are curious animals...
  • Like 2

This made me very sad, and it makes you wonder what happens in such a promising young life to turn them going in the opposite direction.

My neighbor doesn't get much work in the cold weather so he looks for ways to make money. This year, he and his friend are bidding on storage bins that are up for auction. Some of these are quite interesting. He just spent almost 45 minutes showing me the items from one of those storage bins and what happened in the life of a 23 year old young lady who is now in prison. A college graduate who worked at a bank. A member of the 4H Club and a youth minister in her church. At one point. she went from all of this to :whipgirl: and drugs. I kid you not.

My neighbor said Saturday night he and a few of my other neighbors went through boxes of s&m stuff - dildos, butt plugs (I don't even know what that is let alone what it would be used for, or why), whips, crotchless panties, chains, leather vests and more whips - laughing up a storm and wondering what they were going to do with all of it (my neighbor brought it all to the dump the next morning). She had a slew of receipts from pawn shops and those places that loan you money (I forget what you call them. Goose, you helped bail one of your coworkers out from under one of those places.). She stole almost $8,00 from the bank she worked at. She's now in federal prison.

What the hell happens that turns such a promising young lady? Her life is now ruined. Isn't this a sad story?

That they are.

f2B1C3O.gif?2

• Like 2

That they are.

f2B1C3O.gif?2

I too am a curious animal, but luckily one with few cares other than mites and idiot hunters wanting to turn my hands into ashtrays.

And I have a cool swing!

Suck it, humans!

http://www.mercurynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/20101116__ecct1118curious011.jpg?w=400

• Like 2

I had to say good bye to a family member of 15+ years! My girl dog Paris Rose. It is a day where I can honestly say "NO MORE PUPPIES"! She is tuely loved and will be truly missed! She is not suffering anymore but I am. She had her last meal, a super bacon double cheese burger & she ate it all!. She was brave while I stumbled with the torment of knowing I was doing the humane thing but feeling so terrible about it. I cried like a baby! So sad so sad... :boohoo: :boohoo:

:rose: :rose: :rose:

I’m very behind on this thread and am just seeing this now. Big hugs and my deepest condolences to you :hug2: :rose:

• Like 1

Our furnace conked out. It is just my luck it would happen on a Saturday. Have no idea what I'm going to do.

And my cat has been missing for three days.

What a double wallop! It stinks to have house stuff and emotional stuff happen at the same time. Good luck with the furnace and I really hope your cat comes home safe. :hug2:

• Like 3

I had to say good bye to a family member of 15+ years! My girl dog Paris Rose. It is a day where I can honestly say "NO MORE PUPPIES"! She is tuely loved and will be truly missed! She is not suffering anymore but I am. She had her last meal, a super bacon double cheese burger & she ate it all!. She was brave while I stumbled with the torment of knowing I was doing the humane thing but feeling so terrible about it. I cried like a baby! So sad so sad... :boohoo: :boohoo:

:rose: :rose: :rose:

I’m very behind on this thread and am just seeing this now. Big hugs and my deepest condolences to you :hug2: :rose:

I can't remember if I heard about this, CMM But I know how this goes...lost a LOT o pets over the years...RIP to your pet.

X4UTRtE.gif?1

Our furnace conked out. It is just my luck it would happen on a Saturday. Have no idea what I'm going to do.

Aww. Good luck with both! :cheers:

• Like 1

What a double wallop! It stinks to have house stuff and emotional stuff happen at the same time. Good luck with the furnace and I really hope your cat comes home safe. :hug2:

The good news is that I found out nothing was wrong with the furnace but with the thermometer. That's good, because it is cold here and new furnaces are worth a lot more than we have. :)

Bad news is that Lily still is missing. Last time I saw her was Wednesday. I looked all over for her and called for her. Have no idea what happened. Didn't see any fur outside, so I don't think a coyote or an owl got her. There is a man out here that is torturing cats. The humane society isn't interested in stopping him. Someone posted some pictures of his "handiwork" which he likes to plop on your front lawn when he's finished. Enough to make you sick.

What has happened to people? :(

Thank you both for commenting. :hug2: :hug2:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

The good news is that I found out nothing was wrong with the furnace but with the thermometer. That's good, because it is cold here and new furnaces are worth a lot more than we have. :)

Bad news is that Lily still is missing. Last time I saw her was Wednesday. I looked all over for her and called for her. Have no idea what happened. Didn't see any fur outside, so I don't think a coyote or an owl got her. There is a man out here that is torturing cats. The humane society isn't interested in stopping him. Someone posted some pictures of his "handiwork" which he likes to plop on your front lawn when he's finished. Enough to make you sick.

Anyone who treats animal pets this way NEEDS TO DIE.. Glad to hear about the thermostat. Those are MUCH cheaper to fix! Hoping your cat shows up alive and well! dKIlY67.gif

VJ4c1Y2.gif

• Like 1

Anyone who treats animal pets this way NEEDS TO DIE.. Glad to hear about the thermostat. Those are MUCH cheaper to fix! Hoping your cat shows up alive and well! dKIlY67.gif

VJ4c1Y2.gif

Thanks, ORFie. Still no Lily. I hate to think of her being trapped somewhere and I can't help her or, infinitely worse yet, her being caught by someone who tortured her as a sacrifice for their satanic cult.

Edited by Lorraine

VJ4c1Y2.gif

Thanks, ORFie. Still no Lily. I hate to think of her being trapped somewhere and I can't help her or, infinitely worse yet, her being caught by someone who tortured her as a sacrifice for their satanic cult.

That person sounds so sick. I hope Lily comes back to you, after a great adventure.

• Like 5

VJ4c1Y2.gif

I

I Had a cat back in the '70s (74) that was the smartest cat I ever knew. She disapeared from my parents house in the summer of ''80, and the only thing we can figure, was she was beautiful, and smart, but pets were becoming a money itiem for precription labs in Ann Arbor, and lowlifes were using the money to live. Good thing all I owned at the time was a bb gun, but I still would have shot the HECK out those low lifes if I'd caught them.

zrIFPd1.gif?1

• Like 1

VJ4c1Y2.gif

I

I Had a cat back in the '70s (74) that was the smartest cat I ever knew. She disapeared from my parents house in the summer of ''80, and the only thing we can figure, was she was beautiful, and smart, but pets were becoming a money itiem for precription labs in Ann Arbor, and lowlifes were using the money to live. Good thing all I owned at the time was a bb gun, but I still would have shot the HECK out those low lifes if I'd caught them.

zrIFPd1.gif?1

Lorraine, how old is Lily?

• Like 1

VJ4c1Y2.gif

I

zrIFPd1.gif?1

I don't know. She wasn't my cat originally. She belonged to the lady next door who only likes cats when they are kittens. When they get older, she tosses them out of her house. We took her in. I'd say she's about 8 or 9?

• Like 1

I don't know. She wasn't my cat originally. She belonged to the lady next door who only likes cats when they are kittens. When they get older, she tosses them out of her house. We took her in. I'd say she's about 8 or 9?

I was asking because when our two cats got older, their digestion slowed down and they liked to sneak outside more to try and eat grass and mint; I guess to help their stomach. I hope that Lily has done the same and finds her way home. :heart:

• Like 1

Sad, but in a funny way. I'm in the local Publix, picking up a few groceries. Some folks there are hard at it, getting provisioned up for Turkey Day.

Now most stores have an in house Bakery putting out all types of breads, cakes, pies, cookies, etc. This one has ready to serve Apple pies, Dutch Apple pies, and pecan pies, but get this, NO ready to eat pumpkin pies - NOT A ONE! I was tempted to ask them WTF, but thought better of it. :rage:

Sad, but in a funny way. I'm in the local Publix, picking up a few groceries. Some folks there are hard at it, getting provisioned up for Turkey Day.

Now most stores have an in house Bakery putting out all types of breads, cakes, pies, cookies, etc. This one has ready to serve Apple pies, Dutch Apple pies, and pecan pies, but get this, NO ready to eat pumpkin pies - NOT A ONE! I was tempted to ask them WTF, but thought better of it. :rage:

Bake your own. It will taste better. I'm baking a pumpkin cheesecake tomorrow. They're delicious!

• Like 2

Misogynists who push down my threads because they were created by a woman.

ARE YOU FOR REAL? I might stop reading your posts because you're a REALLY STUPID ACTING JERK! Thank you, I gave you someting to actually yell about.

XT7gIs7.gif

Bake your own. It will taste better. I'm baking a pumpkin cheesecake tomorrow. They're delicious!

We're doing an unconventional thanksgiving. Spaghetti and scratch made sauce with Italian sausage. We're saving the canned pumpkin for Friday and a recipe the wife found online - ground turkey and pumpkin chili.
  • Like 2