What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

Thanks for the comments, VT. I come from an alcoholic family and, while I drink occasionally, know the dangers and refuse to go down that road. It's hard socially, because alcohol plays a big part in the fun people have. There's a lot of pressure to keep up with the heavy drinkers.

No thanks.

Weed smokers are in denial too.

Not this one!

I know exactly what I'm doing and why. I know the effects and how the dirty weed affects my body/life.

I don't make excuses as to why I smoke weed. I don't sell it or participate in drug-related activities - other than having a nice puff and listening to Paul McCartney albums.

I allow myself one vice, so may as well pick a fun one! I'd rather have weed than booze any day of the week, but that's just me. Most of my friends gave it up due to feelings of paranoia, and all of those friends drink like fish!

VT, I wouldn't even call marijuana a "vice"

More and more, the facts about the medical and therapeutic benefits of cannabis are coming out, and at this point, even the pharmaceutical industry that has done its best to get people addicted to synthetic drugs can't stop it ..

There are so many medical benefits to cannabis it would be impossible to even list them here ..

For example .. the NFL has an enormous issue upcoming when the new collective bargaining agreement comes up because when taken therapeutically, high CBD content cannabis will actually reverse the effects of repeated concussions ... Kids are now treated with it for seizures .. People who have cancer get amazing benefits ..

All this coming from someone who has never smoked it in his life !!

The stigma attached to using a plant for improving the quality of life was in part manufactured to get people addticted to things far worse ... Big pharma cannot put a patent on simple marijuana ( even though in the future, I am sure they will do their best )

Great post, Lucas!

I guess I feel it's a vice for me due to the smoking aspect. Smoking is not good for a body - although weed is marginally less harmful than tobacco (depending on which study you're reading). At least I grow my own, so I know what I'm smoking, and I don't spend any money on it...other than rolling papers and lighters. $$$ :LOL:

I've tried vaporizers, edibles, etc but nothing seems to do the trick (for me) like a dirty old doob. :smoke:

The p-brownies or happy pizza don't work?! Impossible!

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments, VT. I come from an alcoholic family and, while I drink occasionally, know the dangers and refuse to go down that road. It's hard socially, because alcohol plays a big part in the fun people have. There's a lot of pressure to keep up with the heavy drinkers.

No thanks.

Weed smokers are in denial too.

Not this one!

I know exactly what I'm doing and why. I know the effects and how the dirty weed affects my body/life.

I don't make excuses as to why I smoke weed. I don't sell it or participate in drug-related activities - other than having a nice puff and listening to Paul McCartney albums.

I allow myself one vice, so may as well pick a fun one! I'd rather have weed than booze any day of the week, but that's just me. Most of my friends gave it up due to feelings of paranoia, and all of those friends drink like fish!

VT, I wouldn't even call marijuana a "vice"

More and more, the facts about the medical and therapeutic benefits of cannabis are coming out, and at this point, even the pharmaceutical industry that has done its best to get people addicted to synthetic drugs can't stop it ..

There are so many medical benefits to cannabis it would be impossible to even list them here ..

For example .. the NFL has an enormous issue upcoming when the new collective bargaining agreement comes up because when taken therapeutically, high CBD content cannabis will actually reverse the effects of repeated concussions ... Kids are now treated with it for seizures .. People who have cancer get amazing benefits ..

All this coming from someone who has never smoked it in his life !!

The stigma attached to using a plant for improving the quality of life was in part manufactured to get people addticted to things far worse ... Big pharma cannot put a patent on simple marijuana ( even though in the future, I am sure they will do their best )

Great post, Lucas!

I guess I feel it's a vice for me due to the smoking aspect. Smoking is not good for a body - although weed is marginally less harmful than tobacco (depending on which study you're reading). At least I grow my own, so I know what I'm smoking, and I don't spend any money on it...other than rolling papers and lighters. $$$ :LOL:

I've tried vaporizers, edibles, etc but nothing seems to do the trick (for me) like a dirty old doob. :smoke:

The p-brownies or happy pizza don't work?! Impossible!

Oh they work all right! And I'm partial to the odd Happy Shake (not a euphemism).

It's just that I know how much I'm getting in a 'Jazz Cigarette', as well as how long the effects will last and the intensity of the buzz. I like being in control of my faculties.

I like a fairly mellow (but not weak) buzz, as opposed to one that leaves me spaced-out and drooling on the couch (ie: Happy Shake). I have too much to do!

• Like 1

The loss of a friendship that I thought would last.

Yep, that one gets me a lot lately. Especially all the stuff we had in common. Makes no sense, what a waste.

Exactly.

http://laist.com/2017/09/28/1003_the_sound.php

Even though they don’t delve further than the 80s like KLOS and KCAL in the inland empire area, im gonna miss album sides and the my turn Sunday guest dj segments. I’m friends on Facebook with Uncle Joe Benson who moved from KLOS to that station. Cynthia Fox and Rita Wild moved from there as well.

• Like 1

Las Vegas Festival. :rose: I am both sad and angry. What is wrong with people? I am sorry we live in a world where we are at the point where one must be on alert at an event that would normally bring joy.
  • Like 1

Edit: Apparently no one cares. Thank you.

???

+1 ??? Dear Moonlit Dreamer, please don't take the no response at that time personally, people do care. Its a big board and sometimes items are missed. Whatever is going on, I hope you are okay. Best wishes.

• Like 4

Las Vegas and now Tom Petty in cardiac arrest. I’m gonna f***ing cry if the grim reaper keeps this bullshit of taking away musicians especially this. He is my biggest rock music hero ever for his integrity and anti BS. He Rush and Pearl Jam are my holy trinity. I actually cried one day a week at least when Cornell died. This will *ahem* wreck me even more.

Billy Joel was right about the good dying young. God f***ing damnit.

• Like 2

A one-two punch today.

The Las Vegas shooting had extremely high victim counts and is very sad. As with many I know people who were nearby at the time.

Second, in our firm of 10, a surveyor was electrocuted on site today, nearly losing his life. Apparently the metal survey rod touching the ground saved his life.

• Like 2

Second, in our firm of 10, a surveyor was electrocuted on site today, nearly losing his life. Apparently the metal survey rod touching the ground saved his life.

Man, that's scary.
  • Like 1

Las Vegas and now Tom Petty in cardiac arrest. I’m gonna f***ing cry if the grim reaper keeps this bullshit of taking away musicians especially this. He is my biggest rock music hero ever for his integrity and anti BS. He Rush and Pearl Jam are my holy trinity. I actually cried one day a week at least when Cornell died. This will *ahem* wreck me even more.

:hug2:

• Like 1

Really sorry to hear that, but I'm glad he lived.

I can empathize- about six weeks ago, at my father's company, which is also small- about 70 people- they had contracted a large machinery mover to come in and do some work, and they had a terrible accident- a machine fell on top of a man who worked for the contractor, and he was killed. Truly a gruesome and horrific sight for all who witnessed it.

I worked there for more than 13 years, but just left in May.

It says he's on life support.

He's only 66.

http://www.msn.com/e...OAgG?ocid=twmsn

R.I.P. Tom

You saved my sanity this past January. I will always be grateful to your music for that.

Whatever happened, I'm glad it's over, Lorraine!

kiFilFN.jpg

I haven’t been able to sleep for two nights in a row. This is hardly unusual, but the whole time I’ve had Tom Petty songs on continuous repeat in my brain. I love them and I haven’t come to terms even a little with his passing, but I need to get his songs out so I can sleep. I tried listening to some Rush this afternoon to fix my brain. Hope it works. I watched all 4 hours of the Bogdonovich movie the day he died.
  • Like 1

They started bulldozing the woods down next to my house. Some guy bought the land to put a house on it to rent out. Sucks because I liked the privacy, but the part that bums me out is just seeing it destroyed. I grew up around here and spent a lot of time walking around in those woods. Oh well. I hope the new neighbors enjoy the view of a fat guy rocking out to Thin Lizzy and Sabbath in a pool next Summer.
  • Like 2

I tried to find the scene on youtube, but couldn't, and apparently there is a 2006 remake of The Omen - can Hollywood think of nothing original anymore?

Anyway, remember the scene when Gregory Peck goes to look at who I think was the priest's room after he was killed? The walls of the room were covered with crucifixes? Or was it wallpapered with pages out of the Bible? I don't remember. It's been a long time. In any event, this country and world have become so bizarre, that's what I'm beginning to think I ought to do too.

Edited by Lorraine

I had to say good bye to a family member of 15+ years! My girl dog Paris Rose. It is a day where I can honestly say "NO MORE PUPPIES"! She is tuely loved and will be truly missed! She is not suffering anymore but I am. She had her last meal, a super bacon double cheese burger & she ate it all!. She was brave while I stumbled with the torment of knowing I was doing the humane thing but feeling so terrible about it. I cried like a baby! So sad so sad... :boohoo: :boohoo:

:rose: :rose: :rose:

• Like 1

I tried to find the scene on youtube, but couldn't, and apparently there is a 2006 remake of The Omen - can Hollywood think of nothing original anymore?

Anyway, remember the scene when Gregory Peck goes to look at who I think was the priest's room after he was killed? The walls of the room were covered with crucifixes? Or was it wallpapered with pages out of the Bible? I don't remember.

The second thing.

http://www.terrortrap.com/topten/omen/

My eldest cousin, Pam, lost her husband, Mike, to a heart attack early last week. Today, their faithful hunting dog, Reggie, had to be put down due to his chronic health problems and depression from missing his hunting partner. To top it all off, they live down in Alabama, near Mobile - right in the middle of the hurricane.

You just can't make up stuff like this........ :o :o :o