What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

I found out I failed my PSAT, so I am not ready for college. What should I do?

What grade are you in again? I don't believe failing means you're not ready for college. Some test isn't gonna tell you how you will be able to handle college once you get there.

I am in 10th grade. It does mean that.

What grade are you in again? I don't believe failing means you're not ready for college. Some test isn't gonna tell you how you will be able to handle college once you get there.

No, it doesn't mean that.

You can get to college and handle everything just fine no matter what the test results say. Can you take it again? Don't you have the SAT to still take next year?

• Like 2

You can get to college and handle everything just fine no matter what the test results say. Can you take it again? Don't you have the SAT to still take next year?

No I can not.

Oh man, I am gonna fail that too. I get an F or D on almost every test I take :(

No I can not.

Oh man, I am gonna fail that too. I get an F or D on almost every test I take :(

When I did the SAT in 11th grade, I literally put my answers to the entire science section in the wrong book, giving me a zero for that portion. I still got into college.

As long as you pass high school, you can get into a community college. As far as I know, they don't deny anyone. And there's nothing wrong with going to a CC, I wish I did that. You can do two years at a community college, then 2 years at a university to get a degree (if that's what you want). Just be sure you know what you want to do before you go to college. Many students are pressured into going to university when they don't even know what they want to do so they don't take it seriously, flunk out, and have repay student loans with nothing to show for it.

Edited by Union 5-3992
  • Like 3

I broke up with my boyfriend, but he is taking it to far :(

He is never speaking to me again :(

His loss...

:banana:

• Like 1

His loss...

Yes exactly. When you are young things like this feel like they're devastating but life goes on, you will meet other people that you like.

• Like 2

That happens a lot. For many people, a relationship is "all or nothing". There is no "let's just be friends".

As it was your choice to break up with him, so is it his choice to part ways with you forever. Respect each other's choices and move on. :)

• Like 2

His loss...

Yes exactly. When you are young things like this feel like they're devastating but life goes on, you will meet other people that you like.

Well, no one is gonna love me again, not even my crush does :( :( :( :(

His loss...

That's exactly what I just said. It might feel like that but it's not true.

• Like 1

Well, no one is gonna love me again.....

You don't know that. You may be thinking it right now, but no one can see the future.

The future is always in motion. Countless possibilities! Take advantage of those possibilities!! :)

• Like 1

His loss...

Yeah, right. You'll find out....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/BananaDrumset.gif

His loss...

A lot of the time nothing will ever happen between ourselves and the person we have a crush on. Especially if it's a quiet crush and the other one never knows about. If they do know and still don't want anything to happen then you have to accept that and move on as tough as that may be to do.

As for no one ever loving you again. Come on, you're only 15. Let's say you live until 80, there is absolutely no way someone isn't gonna love you in all the years ahead. Unless you just completely hide away all the time and don't go out for nothing, there's no way you won't meet someone who loves you.

Love is a long long road.

• Like 4

Back to work after a lovely vacation in the sun....hard to complain, but still sad....

Yeah, the "End of Vacation Blues"..I remember those....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Psychedelic%20banana_1.gif

I got a letter today from an old college friend from Denmark. I had no idea that she had gone through a sudden, unexpected, and sad divorce this summer. I did get to see her in Maryland 2 years ago but I wish I saw her more often.
  • Like 1

My iTunes Music File did NOT transfer from my laptop. It was a HUGE file, but the program I bought to do the transfer was supposed to transfer EVERYTHING. So why not the music files? Don't want to have to reload alla those CDs....[thousands]

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Crying%20banana.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan

My iTunes Music File did NOT transfer from my laptop. It was a HUGE file, but the program I bought to do the transfer was supposed to transfer EVERYTHING. So why not the music files? Don't want to have to reload alla those CDs....[thousands]

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Crying%20banana.gif

I think it might depend on when you originally made them? That's just a guess, though. I know less than nothing about computers, but ours have had iTunes on them for around 13 years? I noticed that when I tried transferring some files this Christmas, newer ones from iTunes were fine and older ones wouldn't work. I looked in some help Forums but I could never find out if older ones were locked or something? I hope you don't have to redo all of yours! Maybe the program you got just doesn't do iTunes, Apple is kind of finicky about stuff it will work with.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1