What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

Today I went to my local record store for the very last time, they are selling everything in the store and then closing it...

The owner died in cancer like 2 weeks ago. And I had known him for maybe 10 years. He was always nice to me. and he helped me find lots of good music. And even tho I could be gone for months a few times (which did not happen a lot) he putted away stuff that he knew I would like.

And I could be in there for hours just to talk music with him. Really nice guy.

Im sad that he is gone :(

I remember when my favourite book shop in my town closed down at random when I was 14. Heartbroken.

These places become a comfort that when lost, leave a deep cavity.

I still miss those days when I'd sit and browse all the volumes. I discovered so many great fantasy writers sitting in his store (Tolkien, Tad Williams, J.V. Jones, Robin Hobb and more).

To this day if I ever see a small bookshop I have to go in.

Mt local independent record store is thankfully still going strong. But sadly it's one of very few left.

Honestly it's a sad loss to cancer as well.

And then today in my area they found a dead man in a house. Apparently, he's been dead for months.

It's sad enough someone dying alone like that, but even sadder that no one, not one person, noticed him missing until months later, nor did his neighbors care much either.

It's sad but also strange. Why does anyone notice he's missing?? - Something's wrong.

He was probably someone who kept to themselves. It may have not been unusual for people to not see or hear from him for awhile.

Some people are reclusive.

• Like 2

And then today in my area they found a dead man in a house. Apparently, he's been dead for months.

It's sad enough someone dying alone like that, but even sadder that no one, not one person, noticed him missing until months later, nor did his neighbors care much either.

It's sad but also strange. Why does anyone notice he's missing?? - Something's wrong.

He was probably someone who kept to themselves. It may have not been unusual for people to not see or hear from him for awhile.

Some people are reclusive.

Yep.

Some people keep odd schedules as well. I work second and third shifts, so it's not uncommon for me and my neighbors to not see each other that often.

• Like 1

I'm like, so f***ing done with the world.

I'd bet at least 65% of this board has felt that way at some point. I know I have. Not recently but I definitely have.

Yup. Not to sound cliched but it does get better.

• Like 1

I'd bet at least 65% of this board has felt that way at some point. I know I have. Not recently but I definitely have.

I'm pissed that my mother's husband chose to end his life. Leaving her in a lurch. Now while my business crumbles I have to fly "home" to tend to my mother.

Don't do anything that can't be undone.

I'm pissed that my mother's husband chose to end his life. Leaving her in a lurch. Now while my business crumbles I have to fly "home" to tend to my mother.

I'm sorry to hear that your step-father chose to do that, and I am very sorry to hear how poorly the cigar lounge is doing. :hug2:

• Like 1

I know less about music than I use to think.

:(

At least there's always a room for improvement.

I always thought I knew a lot about music until I came here to TRF. This is where I found out that I really knew nothing about music. :)

Chin up! It's not the end of the world.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I know less about music than I use to think.

:(

At least there's always a room for improvement.

I always thought I knew a lot about music until I came here to TRF. This is where I found out that I really knew nothing about music. :)

Chin up! It's not the end of the world.

I'm not caring much today.

In the beggining it was sad because Music is Art and Art is very immportant to me. That was the thing.

I feel much better today. I don't have such poor bad taste. I'm a great music appreciator and know something. :D

It's good here, at TRF. It's possible to find out more music. :)

I just got a lovely email from my ex-husband (wasband), today was our anniversary. He got remarried and has a child but we still keep in touch and while I know I did the right thing it still makes me sad sometimes to think about the fact that it didn't work out. Edited by Laurabw
  • Like 2

I just got a lovely email from my ex-husband (wasband), today was our anniversary. He got remarried and has a child but we still keep in touch and while I know I did the right thing it still makes me sad sometimes to think about the fact that it didn't work out.

:hug2:

• Like 1

I just got a lovely email from my ex-husband (wasband), today was our anniversary. He got remarried and has a child but we still keep in touch and while I know I did the right thing it still makes me sad sometimes to think about the fact that it didn't work out.

:hug2:

Aw thanks.

I'm sorry to hear that your step-father chose to do that, and I am very sorry to hear how poorly the cigar lounge is doing. :hug2:

Yeah, Tai Shan is getting real as the kids say. My wife I were planning an Oklahoma exit strategy to go "home" since my parents aren't getting any younger, I have no siblings to care for them. Unfortunately Dominick's suicide has forced escalating the timetable. Leaving me very little TRF time. :(

• Like 1

Yeah, Tai Shan is getting real as the kids say. My wife I were planning an Oklahoma exit strategy to go "home" since my parents aren't getting any younger, I have no siblings to care for them. Unfortunately Dominick's suicide has forced escalating the timetable. Leaving me very little TRF time. :(

Take good care, JR. More important things than TRF take precedence.

• Like 1

You ought to be glad you found out and didn't get stuck with him.

However, I know how you feel. Every year when the anniversary date of my first marriage rolls around, I give a thought to my first husband. It is sad that it didn't work out, but...................................thank God it didn't. His second wife can have him with my compliments.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I don't mean to be insensitive in asking this, but whatever possessed your step-father to do what he did??

If his suicide has escalated your timetable, there's a reason for that. Easy does it. One day at a time. It WILL all work out in the end. :hug2:

You ought to be glad you found out and didn't get stuck with him.

However, I know how you feel. Every year when the anniversary date of my first marriage rolls around, I give a thought to my first husband. It is sad that it didn't work out, but...................................thank God it didn't. His second wife can have him with my compliments.

Mine was ok, things just didn't work out. I know it's for the best though.

• Like 1

I have a F in math class and Biology class now. I guess I will never understand :( .

Do you have strengths in other classes, my friend?

We can't be good at everything, but don't allow yourself to be discouraged from trying and surpassing yourself. It's important.

• Like 3

I have a F in math class and Biology class now. I guess I will never understand :( .

Do you have strengths in other classes, my friend?

We can't be good at everything, but don't allow yourself to be discouraged from trying and surpassing yourself. It's important.

I am good in Art and Band class, but that is about it.

I'm so sorry to hear both things. That's a lot to fall on your mom and much for you to deal with. Take care. :hug2:

• Like 1

Well, never say never . . .from a practical standpoint, can you learn enough to get a C or whatever you need to pass? From what I remember of people here taking Bio not that long ago, some of it was stuff you could maybe memorize?

Some ideas to try-

-It's always better when you can understand, but can you memorize enough mitosis and photosynthesis to get a C? (Put it to a song, I'm not kidding.)

- Talk to the teacher about what you should study most. Ask them if they know any Khan Academy videos that might help. (It is an online learning/tutoring site)

- Talk to your parents about getting a tutor? Or if that is too expensive, maybe your teacher could recommend a senior from your school that might tutor a few times for a flat fee.

Some of the same things apply to math, but it depends if your teacher is giving you partial credit, math can't really be memorized. You could ask about the Khan Academy videos, though, they have a lot on math subjects as well; same thing with tutoring. You also might ask the teacher if there are any workbooks they recommend that you could order or websites that have problems you could print out. (Old fashioned, I know, but there are a ton of home schoolers around here and they learn Algebra and Trig somehow, there must be workbooks somewhere. .) With math, pushing the pencil and doing the processes over and over helps a lot. Best of luck to you. :)

• Like 1

To realize misunderstandings were right and connected.

Really disappointing.

No reason for someone to keep the flame of hope alive.

Not me nor anyone on the situation.

I simply gave up after certain truths I discovered and tested.

My tears are dry.

Edited by rhyv
  • Like 2