What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

Being treated like trash.

I was reminded by someone I didn't want to.

I'm sorry to hear that. You're anything but that.

Someone treating others like trash feels like trash themselves hence why they do such nasty stuff.

Yeah, you're right.

Thanks, Blaze. :)

Edited by rhyv
  • Like 1

Someone treating others like trash feels like trash themselves hence why they do such nasty stuff.

Agreed. Just remember that bad people treat others poorly, but it doesn't make you any less of a good person.

• Like 2

I never check the obits back where I'm from.

Don't ask me why or how, but somehow today I wound up looking at them and was stunned - and I do mean stunned - to see the name of a man that I knew very, very well at one point in time in the life of Lorraine.

Rest in peace Paul. :rose:

Agreed. Just remember that bad people treat others poorly, but it doesn't make you any less of a good person.

Thanks Gina. What made me sad for the most it was being beaten this way by someone I cared about and trusted. That was the point.

Anyway, I'm keep your words, Blaze's words and some knowledge with me.

Feeling much better today.

More foccused.

Thanks again.

:hi:

• Like 2

Don't ask me why or how, but somehow today I wound up looking at them and was stunned - and I do mean stunned - to see the name of a man that I knew very, very well at one point in time in the life of Lorraine.

:rose: :hug2:

• Like 1

:hug2:

• Like 1

And then today in my area they found a dead man in a house. Apparently, he's been dead for months.

It's sad enough someone dying alone like that, but even sadder that no one, not one person, noticed him missing until months later, nor did his neighbors care much either.

Edited by Lorraine

I don't know if this kind of discussion is acceptable outside of SOCN.....but.....

Long story short, I read a story online about this girl who is a lesbian and she desperately wants to come out to her parents and she had been considering it for years..... Only one problem though, it's come to light that both her parents are proud supporters of The Orange One and are extremely conservative....and she is absolutely terrified to tell them now and is now going to even greater lengths to try and hide her true self :( And to make matters worse, I read this story on National Coming Out day, which was yesterday....

Edited by fraroc

I don't know if this kind of discussion is acceptable outside of SOCN.....but.....

Long story short, I read a story online about this girl who is a lesbian and she desperately wants to come out to her parents and she had been considering it for years..... Only one problem though, it's come to light that both her parents are proud supporters of The Orange One and are extremely conservative....and she is absolutely terrified to tell them now and is now going to even greater lengths to try and hide her true self :( And to make matters worse, I read this story on National Coming Out day, which was yesterday....

That is very sad. It's horrible that anyone would have to hide their true self simply to keep themselves safe.

• Like 2

Thinking about mistakes from long ago, and some mistakes now. Trying to seek forgivness and change my ways. What I have done was wrong, and I did not realize. Now is my time to change. Not to be afraid and to be happier, and to care more about certain things. Now is my time, and I will take it one moment at a time.
  • Like 3

Missing my Mom, lost her in June and some days are hard :rose: :(

The first year can be very hard. June was only a few months ago, Rhyta. It takes time, but it does get better as more time passes by. Well. maybe not that it gets better, but you are able to cope better.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Missing my Mom, lost her in June and some days are hard :rose: :(

The first year can be very hard. June was only a few months ago, Rhyta. It takes time, but it does get better as more time passes by. Well. maybe not that it gets better, but you are able to cope better.

Thanks, It is a process and I just wish I had a little more time with her before I lost her especially since it hadn't been a year yet since we lost my MIL. Their passings were too close together but I manage most days ok. Just needed to vent today. :( :banghead:

Thanks to you too x1yyz really like your new avatar ;)

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

University of Michigan has a 'by' today....no kick ass football....damn.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Spy%20banana%20007.gif

Got an email from a family member filled with nothing but bad news about this one, bad news about that one, bad news here, bad news there.. It's so sad, especially when you've known the person since they were born or it is someone else you grew up with.

I hate feeling helpless to help others, but i can't live their life for them.

• Like 3

And then today in my area they found a dead man in a house. Apparently, he's been dead for months.

It's sad enough someone dying alone like that, but even sadder that no one, not one person, noticed him missing until months later, nor did his neighbors care much either.

It's sad but also strange. Why does anyone notice he's missing?? - Something's wrong.

Edited by rhyv
  • Like 1

Still in this house. I want out by Christmas at least. Frustrated. :banghead:

I'm going through a similar situation.

I also wanted myself outta the house in January or April. I couldn't make it. :(

I'm planning myself differently. I hope it works sometime next year. :hi:

• Like 1

Got an email from a family member filled with nothing but bad news about this one, bad news about that one, bad news here, bad news there.. It's so sad, especially when you've known the person since they were born or it is someone else you grew up with.

I hate feeling helpless to help others, but i can't live their life for them.

It happens among my family and relatives hence our distance. O_o

• Like 1

It's sad but also strange. Why does anyone notice he's missing?? - Something's wrong.

He was probably someone who kept to themselves. It may have not been unusual for people to not see or hear from him for awhile.

• Like 1