What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

School year has not been going good so far. I am already failing 2 classes, and I have failed all of my tests, except 2. :(

Have you considered spending less time online and more time studying? Also consider paying attention in class and not listening to music or doing other things on your phone.

I am paying attention in class.

Have you considered not listening to music, not doing things on your phone, and concentrating only on schoolwork during class?

I do not do any of those things in class. I am paying attention.

School year has not been going good so far. I am already failing 2 classes, and I have failed all of my tests, except 2. :(

Have you considered spending less time online and more time studying? Also consider paying attention in class and not listening to music or doing other things on your phone.

Have you considered not listening to music, not doing things on your phone, and concentrating only on schoolwork during class?

That's funny. I remember before that you were pissed off because one of your teachers wouldn't allow the use of phones in class. You also mentioned that most teachers allowed you to listen to music...which you said you did. Maybe you only did that last school year, and not this school year? Anyway, I'm 100% sure you said those things. In any case, if you're paying attention and still failing then you should ask the teacher for help. Ask him/her what you need to do.

• Like 3

That's funny. I remember before that you were pissed off because one of your teachers wouldn't allow the use of phones in class. You also mentioned that most teachers allowed you to listen to music...which you said you did. Maybe you only did that last school year, and not this school year? Anyway, I'm 100% sure you said those things. In any case, if you're paying attention and still failing then you should ask the teacher for help. Ask him/her what you need to do.

She also says she doesn't study. That could also be the fatal flaw.

• Like 2

This x1,000,000,000,000!!!

Nobody gets anywhere in life without working for it.

• Like 5

She also says she doesn't study. That could also be the fatal flaw.

I was pretty poor in school, in part my fault and partly due to my poor parenting (was never taught or encouraged to think for oneself ). If you know where you are going wrong address it. If it's a personal issue then you've gotta be brave, "step up to the plate" and be honest with yourself, if you can't work it out on your own then ask your folks. Your at the stage in life when nothing else matters but your studies and your general well being. It's up to you kiddo.. only you can get you your grades.

• Like 4

Well, she doesn't seem to think so. Seems she needs to know how to become SERIOUS about Learning what she needs for the rest of her life. What she thinks she needs RIGHT NOW is NOT WORKING FOR HER. Ya know what? I saw the same thing in the couple years before I retired at the FORD plant I worked at for 32 years. All the 'kids' they were hiring then seemed to think it was their DUE. They were ENTITLED TO IT. It seems Surrender thinks she is ENTITLED to do whatever she wants to do, and the learning should just INJECT itself into her brain. Well, SORRY KIDDO! THAT ISN'T THE WAY IT WORKS in this world. So GET OFF YOUR BEHIND, stop SLAGGING OFF, and DO THE WORK! Just like all the other kids had [and have] to do. STOP THINKING THAT YOU'RE ENTITLED, BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT! Wake UP!

Or don't. It's YOUR CHOICE if you fail. NO ONE ELSE'S. And, you will have NO ONE ELSE TO BLAME, but YOURSELF.

I was blessed. Both of my children knew how it worked. I NEVER had to worry about them EVER slacking off. If they needed help, they got it. My life wasn't perfect either. It's just what life is like. Nobody gets 'The Brady Bunch' in this life...not even RICH people....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20screaming.gif

• Like 1

That's true for many, but not for all. Some get far in life on account of who they know or how much money their family has. Opportunities that others have to work long and hard for are dropped in their lap ready-made.

• Like 2

Many of you may not know the TRF member, Aikenrooster, well on account of the fact he spends most of his time in SOCN, but his wife, Barbara, died today.

:rose:

Thank you for posting this; I have seen his posts in the college football thread. What a difficult loss. :rose:

• Like 3

Well, she doesn't seem to think so. Seems she needs to know how to become SERIOUS about Learning what she needs for the rest of her life. What she thinks she needs RIGHT NOW is NOT WORKING FOR HER. Ya know what? I saw the same thing in the couple years before I retired at the FORD plant I worked at for 32 years. All the 'kids' they were hiring then seemed to think it was their DUE. They were ENTITLED TO IT. It seems Surrender thinks she is ENTITLED to do whatever she wants to do, and the learning should just INJECT itself into her brain. Well, SORRY KIDDO! THAT ISN'T THE WAY IT WORKS in this world. So GET OFF YOUR BEHIND, stop SLAGGING OFF, and DO THE WORK! Just like all the other kids had [and have] to do. STOP THINKING THAT YOU'RE ENTITLED, BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT! Wake UP!

Or don't. It's YOUR CHOICE if you fail. NO ONE ELSE'S. And, you will have NO ONE ELSE TO BLAME, but YOURSELF.

I was blessed. Both of my children knew how it worked. I NEVER had to worry about them EVER slacking off. If they needed help, they got it. My life wasn't perfect either. It's just what life is like. Nobody gets 'The Brady Bunch' in this life...not even RICH people....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20screaming.gif

Along those lines, I gave my college age kid a little speech earlier this year. His grades have a tendency to wander based on his interest at the moment. I told him that failures in school, life, etc. boils down to two things: either you weren't good enough or didn't work hard enough. Not being good enough can be corrected by working harder; there were many classes in my college that I only got a C or so, but I had to work my butt off to get that. So be it. Now my son was diagnosed with ADHD and took meds in high school. I believe that I'm somewhat ADHD as well. My remedy in school was to study over and over...I had to re-read books 4-5 times and over-study before it sank it. So to summarize, if you aren't good enough, then why aren't you working harder? Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 2

That's true for many, but not for all. Some get far in life on account of who they know or how much money their family has. Opportunities that others have to work long and hard for are dropped in their lap ready-made.

That's true but somewhere along the line they have to make an effort to keep what has been given to them or they can lose it. My point is that most people have to work for what they want. It isn't handed to them. Generally the ones that are given things all their life don't really appreciate it either and aren't usually people you would want to know.

• Like 1

Many of you may not know the TRF member, Aikenrooster, well on account of the fact he spends most of his time in SOCN, but his wife, Barbara, died today.

Condolences, Aikenrooster. x Infinity...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Crying%20banana.gif

• Like 2

Oh that's sad! Sorry for your loss, Aikenrooster.

:rose: :rose:

Maybe you should ask your teacher or parents for some extra help. I know it's hard to ask for help, but if you're failing, you probably need it. :) There's no shame in that. As long as you're working hard, you'll be fine with a little help. :)

• Like 1

Well, I was going to show off my new work table I received in delivery yesterday, and I have pics, but Photobucket is not working well today, and I'm not fu**** around with any other site. Be back when photobucket fixes it's shit.

:banana:

Well, I was going to show off my new work table I received in delivery yesterday, and I have pics, but Photobucket is not working well today, and I'm not fu**** around with any other site. Be back when photobucket fixes it's shit.

Create an account on Imgur. It is much more userfriendly than Photobucket

• Like 1

Create an account on Imgur. It is much more userfriendly than Photobucket

Thanks, Union! I'm not up to par today....scrambled brain.....head full of chopped liver.....and onions...... :dweez: