What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

f**k the whaling industry.

I've gotten into plenty of discussions (sometimes, arguments) with locals about this topic. They usually cite tradition for eating it...despite it not truly being a tradition.

Not too many years ago, whale was part of the ((required)) school lunches in elementary schools.

Oddly, not that many actually eat it...yet, for whatever reason, it's still sold in some sushi restaurants and supermarkets. I guess there's a big enough market for it to keep it going.

Even the price is sad --- a McDonald's value meal costs more than one of those cans.

The feeling I experienced today might as well be sadness, but not quite.

It was what I felt when I had brunch with a friend who just barely managed to make time for me. I have no work and no school. I'm getting a little restless.

Wrong thread

Wrong thread

Need this?

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/af/ff/ee/afffee417dcc3cc0a1018a1359be2405.jpg

• Like 4

Apparently my dad has dementia.

Not too sad about it though. It is a horrible condition for anyone really, so in that sense, yeah.

My Father had that when he died...it was in his family though. Not all of his siblings had it, but he was unfortunate enought to be one of them that did.....within a year, he didn't remember my face.....made me sad as well....one thing though, he NEVER forgot Mother's name or face. That's what proved to me he'd loved her 'til the end!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana_day_of_tentacle.gif

Found out I'm going to have to find another place to live. Ugh.

Sorry to hear this, EM. :(

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Crying%20banana.gif

• Like 1

What happened?

The guy that I live with that owns the house decided he wanted to move back to Ohio and bought a house there. He's going to put this one up for sale.

What happened?

The guy that I live with that owns the house decided he wanted to move back to Ohio and bought a house there. He's going to put this one up for sale.

That's awful for you. It's not like you moved down the block. You uprooted yourself.

What are you going to do?

What happened?

That's awful for you. It's not like you moved down the block. You uprooted yourself.

I don't know. I'm on a fixed income and can't really afford much.

What happened?

Can you go back and live with your sister? I know you hate the cold weather, but you may not have much choice.

Was this man thinking of selling his home when you went to live there, or did he recently decide this?

What happened?

Can you go back and live with your sister? I know you hate the cold weather, but you may not have much choice.

Was this man thinking of selling his home when you went to live there, or did he recently decide this?

No I can't go back and live with my sister. She is selling her house and bought a condo with no room for me. The house thing just happened because he got a good deal.

What happened?

No I can't go back and live with my sister. She is selling her house and bought a condo with no room for me. The house thing just happened because he got a good deal.

Well, EM, you're on my POSITIVE WISH list, friend!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20Angel.gif

• Like 1

What happened?

Well, EM, you're on my POSITIVE WISH list, friend!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20Angel.gif

. Thanks. :)
  • Like 1