What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

Not really sad, but a little down because Jon Polito has died. You may not know the name but if you've watched any Coen brothers movies, you know the face. Only 65. http://s.newsweek.com/sites/www.newsweek.com/files/styles/lg/public/2016/09/02/jon-polito.png

My wife was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis... likely on meds the rest of her life :(

That's what Alex has, iirc. I hope your wife will be okay.

wow, just found this...
Lifeson, 61, told Rolling Stone he receives injections for psoriatic arthritis. He was previously hospitalized for anemia from bleeding ulcers and suffered breathing problems.

Seeing what it does to my wife, amazed he could do what he did. Also gives me hope to know it can get better with treatment

My parrents are wanting me to make friends, but they do not understand I just want to be left alone :(

I know how you feel. :| Making friends is easier said than done, especially for introverts.

Yeah

This is true. I didn't have any when I was at school. Or at least, they pretended to be. Still don't have any now. But I do know how you feel.

I'll be your friend :hi: :D

Aww! :wub:

• Like 2

My parrents are wanting me to make friends, but they do not understand I just want to be left alone :(

I know how you feel. :| Making friends is easier said than done, especially for introverts.

Yeah

This is true. I didn't have any when I was at school. Or at least, they pretended to be. Still don't have any now. But I do know how you feel.

I'll be your friend :hi: :D

You can put me in your 'Friend list' also, Surrender74...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20on%2050s%20pick-up.gif

My parrents think something is wrong with me because I will not talk to people. I am really upset about this, so only close friends can talk to me. :(

You've mentioned this before, so I have to ask, What's so hard for your parents to understand about you not being a naturally friendly person?

I was very quiet, or introverted as they call it now when I was your age. My parents and grandparents never forced me to try and make friends or talk to people. They just let me be myself and the few friends I did have they were fine with. Back then it was just called "being shy". So, they never thought anything was wrong. They would always tell people that i'm "a good kid but shy, that's all."

Sometimes it's really that simple. There may not be anything wrong with you at all, you're just shy.

I do not know.

I know I am shy, but they do not want me to be. They are forcing me to talk to people even though I do not want to.

Tell your $)#(**^ parents that you're NOT a BARBIE DOLL they get to MOLD like a piece of clay into what THEY WANT. Now if you were a serial murderer, they might have a case, but since you're NOT, they don't have a shred of cause to force you to do anything.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20on%20island%20shark.gif

• Like 1

My parrents think something is wrong with me because I will not talk to people. I am really upset about this, so only close friends can talk to me. :(

You've mentioned this before, so I have to ask, What's so hard for your parents to understand about you not being a naturally friendly person?

I was very quiet, or introverted as they call it now when I was your age. My parents and grandparents never forced me to try and make friends or talk to people. They just let me be myself and the few friends I did have they were fine with. Back then it was just called "being shy". So, they never thought anything was wrong. They would always tell people that i'm "a good kid but shy, that's all."

Sometimes it's really that simple. There may not be anything wrong with you at all, you're just shy.

I do not know.

I know I am shy, but they do not want me to be. They are forcing me to talk to people even though I do not want to.

Tell your $)#(**^ parents that you're NOT a BARBIE DOLL they get to MOLD like a piece of clay into what THEY WANT. Now if you were a serial murderer, they might have a case, but since you're NOT, they don't have a shred of cause to force you to do anything.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20on%20island%20shark.gif

This is terrible advice.

Her parents may have their own side to this story and they obviously take their concerns for her very seriously. Until she is old enough to look after herself and live her life by her own rules, her parents should be respected.

You may not agree with how they handle matters, but considering the state of many families today, it doesn't seem fair these two should be raked over the coals.

Surrender, growing up is hard. It is also hard for the parents as well. Believe me. I was angry and resilient of them as a child and teen because I really do not connect with them. I am only a broken person because I was broken down from the outside in. Inside I am still governed by positivity and love. My parents are the opposite. Cold, negative and distant.

I would have really loved a bond with my parents. But I didn't have that. I ended up falling into many traps that stained my life forever. I am not saying this could happen to you, but it could.

Learn to respect the position if not the person. Your parents are the only two you will ever have. Please, wait on them. Let them keep trying. It is obvious you do not share a lot of what makes them tick. You seem to have your own personality and mindset that may not be on the same page as theirs.

You may also need a little help. Your parents and teachers it seems all have had worries or at least reason to grieve over you and your attitude. Frankly, your manner of handling yourself on this forum at times is concerning.

You are a nice girl. You are warm and open and also very hard in yourself.

But don't bring down your parents. They may even be in the wrong, but that isn't mine or anyone else's right to decide except for you.

You are almost an adult. Scary, I know. But you need to really grow up. Don't expect to understand everything, and also don't fall into the trap of thinking the answers you have for yourself are the right ones.

Work with your parents. Don't keep resisting them. The more you lash out the more reason you give for them to be concerned.

One day you will be a parent. You will then look back on your youth and wish you had made more of an effort with yours. I know I do. Even now the damage is done. We love each other but without really knowing each other.

This is because I respect them for being my parents a lot more than I do them as people.

• Like 1

My wife was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis... likely on meds the rest of her life :(

I'm sorry to hear this, LIX. I'm sending healing thoughts your family's way. As others have mentioned, Alex suffers with this; Phil Mickelson as well. So many new treatments seem to come forward these days; we'll hope for the best for your wife.

• Like 1

I do not know.

This is terrible advice.

Her parents may have their own side to this story and they obviously take their concerns for her very seriously. Until she is old enough to look after herself and live her life by her own rules, her parents should be respected.

You may not agree with how they handle matters, but considering the state of many families today, it doesn't seem fair these two should be raked over the coals.

Surrender, growing up is hard. It is also hard for the parents as well. Believe me. I was angry and resilient of them as a child and teen because I really do not connect with them. I am only a broken person because I was broken down from the outside in. Inside I am still governed by positivity and love. My parents are the opposite. Cold, negative and distant.

I would have really loved a bond with my parents. But I didn't have that. I ended up falling into many traps that stained my life forever. I am not saying this could happen to you, but it could.

Learn to respect the position if not the person. Your parents are the only two you will ever have. Please, wait on them. Let them keep trying. It is obvious you do not share a lot of what makes them tick. You seem to have your own personality and mindset that may not be on the same page as theirs.

You may also need a little help. Your parents and teachers it seems all have had worries or at least reason to grieve over you and your attitude. Frankly, your manner of handling yourself on this forum at times is concerning.

But don't bring down your parents. They may even be in the wrong, but that isn't mine or anyone else's right to decide except for you.

You are almost an adult. Scary, I know. But you need to really grow up. Don't expect to understand everything, and also don't fall into the trap of thinking the answers you have for yourself are the right ones.

Work with your parents. Don't keep resisting them. The more you lash out the more reason you give for them to be concerned.

One day you will be a parent. You will then look back on your youth and wish you had made more of an effort with yours. I know I do. Even now the damage is done. We love each other but without really knowing each other.

This is because I respect them for being my parents a lot more than I do them as people.

:goodone:

• Like 1

I do not know.

This is terrible advice.

I can see your point of view, Segue, but I've seen too many parents who try to do what it seems Surrender74's seem to be. I understand they want their daughter to be this or be that, but I got too much of the "what'll the neighbors think?" for my liking myself. I didn't give a damn what the neighbors thought, myself. Respect your parents, yes. Do everything they tell you to do? Not necesarily.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20screaming.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan

Today I went to my local record store for the very last time, they are selling everything in the store and then closing it...

The owner died in cancer like 2 weeks ago. And I had known him for maybe 10 years. He was always nice to me. and he helped me find lots of good music. And even tho I could be gone for months a few times (which did not happen a lot) he putted away stuff that he knew I would like.

And I could be in there for hours just to talk music with him. Really nice guy.

Im sad that he is gone :(

Today I went to my local record store for the very last time, they are selling everything in the store and then closing it...

The owner died in cancer like 2 weeks ago. And I had known him for maybe 10 years. He was always nice to me. and he helped me find lots of good music. And even tho I could be gone for months a few times (which did not happen a lot) he putted away stuff that he knew I would like.

:(

Sorry to hear this, Zu Zu....I've known record store owners like that as well...my condolences...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Crying%20banana.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan

Sorry to hear this, Zu Zu....I've known record store owners like that as well...my condolences...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Crying%20banana.gif

Thank you. I appreciate it!

• Like 1

:hug2:

I'm sorry to hear this; my condolences for your loss :hug2:

• Like 1

It is funny how life introduces us to some very wonderful people' and suddenly they are gone. I feel your pain, I Remember :hug2: :(

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

I'm sorry to hear that , Zumbi. My thoughts are with you. There's not enough people to talk music with in the world and I'm sorry you had to lose one.

• Like 1

It sounds like he was a great guy with an amazing store. Sorry to hear about this, Zu.