What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

I woke to the news a friend died last night. He had brain cancer and I knew he didn't have long. f**k cancer, f**k it all to hell. Edited by x1yyz

I woke to the news a friend died last night. He had brain cancer and I knew he didn't have long. f**k cancer, f**k it all to hell.

:(

I'm very sorry.

• Like 1

I woke to the news a friend died last night. He had brain cancer and I knew he didn't have long. f**k cancer, f**k it all to hell.

:hug2: So sorry to hear this, Gina.
  • Like 1

:hug2: I'm so sorry you lost a friend. Cancer really stinks.

• Like 1

Lost my mom and grandpa to cancer.

Cancer can go f**k itself.

Sorry for your loss :hug2:

• Like 1

My birthday has essentially been ruined. :( First, the party gets cancelled…and now this.

I'm going to my mom and stepdad's house to celebrate my actual birthday (which is Thursday) with them and my four siblings there. We're going to have my aunt and two cousins stay with us, too. But my stepdad is going to Louisiana tomorrow for his job and won't be back until Sunday. The problem? He's taking his car, so that means we only have one car. For nine people. Translation: We can't go anywhere. Which means no going out for dinner on my birthday. And no amusement park Saturday like we had planned. :sigh:

I know I can't control these situations, but I'm still really upset. I had so many plans, and it's all come crashing down. I feel horribly selfish complaining about it, but sometimes I've just got to vent. Maybe next year will be better. :(

My birthday has essentially been ruined. :( First, the party gets cancelled…and now this.

I'm going to my mom and stepdad's house to celebrate my actual birthday (which is Thursday) with them and my four siblings there. We're going to have my aunt and two cousins stay with us, too. But my stepdad is going to Louisiana tomorrow for his job and won't be back until Sunday. The problem? He's taking his car, so that means we only have one car. For nine people. Translation: We can't go anywhere. Which means no going out for dinner on my birthday. And no amusement park Saturday like we had planned. :sigh:

I know I can't control these situations, but I'm still really upset. I had so many plans, and it's all come crashing down. I feel horribly selfish complaining about it, but sometimes I've just got to vent. Maybe next year will be better. :(

:hug2:

I understand you are upset - this hasn't turned out well for you at all - but, honestly, get used to it. That's life. The only thing we have control over is how we act/react to any given situation/person/etc. and even that we don't do very well since emotions are powerful things to thwart and keep down if need be.

• Like 1

I know it's a big let-down. But honestly, by the time tomorrow rolls around, even with the circumstances you're in right now, I'll bet you'll all figure out something better to make of it.

Myself :(

I feel like I can do nothing right and I also feel like I am dumb. :(

Can you figure out what it would take to not feel dumb?

If you can, I think the best thing you could do is spend some time on that. And don't be so hard on yourself. It can get better.

I need my hearing tested?

So some old lady cruises up to me in her car and asks if I know where the "fort" is. I'm thinking, Fort? What fort? That's like an American thing, British don't have forts in their own country right? So I says no, don't know.

She says, Well where's the fort in Chinley?

I use my standard I don't know I'm from Canada and only been here awhile.

She says, Well don't they have forges in Canada?

FORGES.

Must get my ears checked cause I know where the old forge was,new development now. And I'm sure she said old fort.

So yeah, I gave directions (simple -turn right then left after the bridge) but had to repeat myself 3 times.

Seems I'm not the only one needs a hearing aid. @_@ :eh: :unsure:

• Like 1

I need my hearing tested?

So some old lady cruises up to me in her car and asks if I know where the "fort" is. I'm thinking, Fort? What fort? That's like an American thing, British don't have forts in their own country right? So I says no, don't know.

She says, Well where's the fort in Chinley?

I use my standard I don't know I'm from Canada and only been here awhile.

She says, Well don't they have forges in Canada?

FORGES.

Must get my ears checked cause I know where the old forge was,new development now. And I'm sure she said old fort.

So yeah, I gave directions (simple -turn right then left after the bridge) but had to repeat myself 3 times.

Seems I'm not the only one needs a hearing aid. @_@ :eh: :unsure:

That sounds like 90% of my conversations with my mother. A lot of it involves us saying, "What?" to each other. :LOL:

Good to see you, Dweez. :hi:

• Like 1

Myself :(

I feel like I can do nothing right and I also feel like I am dumb. :(

Can you figure out what it would take to not feel dumb?

If you can, I think the best thing you could do is spend some time on that. And don't be so hard on yourself. It can get better.

I do not know, maybe.