What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

It turns out we've had a creepy serial killer in our midst -- about 20 miles west of me -- which has cast a pall over northwest Ohio the past week or so. I was talking to a lady at a wine tasting tonight, and she knew both the most recent victim, Sierah Joughin, AND the perpetrator. It was very difficult to hear her speak about them. It put me in a funk.

:hug2: What happened there is so sad and disturbing.

It turns out we've had a creepy serial killer in our midst -- about 20 miles west of me -- which has cast a pall over northwest Ohio the past week or so. I was talking to a lady at a wine tasting tonight, and she knew both the most recent victim, Sierah Joughin, AND the perpetrator. It was very difficult to hear her speak about them. It put me in a funk.

I haven't heard about this...I live just a couple of hours south of you.

:(

I live kinda close to you...SE Michigan, Ann Arbor Area, about 33 miles west of Detroit..... Haven't heard of a serial killer in the area, but then again, I don't watch local news stations.....Scary news though!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20Avengers%20Uma%20Thurman.gif

I haven't heard a thing about this.

I'd carry a gun.

My parents had my eighteenth birthday party cancelled because my family got an invitation to my cousin's college graduation party the same day. Kinda stings that that's more important to them. :( Edited by Disk98

My parents had my eighteenth birthday party cancelled because my family got an invitation to my cousin's college graduation party the same day. Kinda stings that that's more important to them. :(

That's awful.

Sorry. I don't mean to be disrespectful of your parents, but it is awful. I feel for you.

We'll give you a big bash on here. :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

My parents had my eighteenth birthday party cancelled because my family got an invitation to my cousin's college graduation party the same day. Kinda stings that that's more important to them. :(

That's awful.

Sorry. I don't mean to be disrespectful of your parents, but it is awful. I feel for you.

Thanks. :) I hate to be selfish, and I'm proud of my cousin, but that day was supposed to be about me. Geez, I sound like a spoiled rotten little kid, don't I? :laughing guy: I'll take the high road here and not cause a commotion, but I can't say it won't sting a little when I'm at that graduation party. I'll be all right, there are people who have it far worse than I. :)

• Like 4

That's awful.

Thanks. :) I hate to be selfish, and I'm proud of my cousin, but that day was supposed to be about me. Geez, I sound like a spoiled rotten little kid, don't I? :laughing guy: I'll take the high road here and not cause a commotion, but I can't say it won't sting a little when I'm at that graduation party. I'll be all right, there are people who have it far worse than I. :)

That's a pretty respectable thing (taking the high road that is). It's something many people can't do.

And I just saw on your profile that your birthday is exactly one week before mine. :cheers:

Awww c'mon Disk, we get a birthday every year.. a graduation (for most) is a once in a lifetime event. :) .

Awww c'mon Disk, we get a birthday every year.. a graduation (for most) is a once in a lifetime event. :) .

I know. Like I said before, I'll be all right. I love and am proud of my cousin; he worked hard to get to where he is.

Yeah, but an 18th bday is a milestone, and also a once in a lifetime event ;) Disk, couldn't your parents have moved your party to another week? That sounds like the nice thing to do.

• Like 1

Yeah, but an 18th bday is a milestone, and also a once in a lifetime event ;) Disk, couldn't your parents have moved your party to another week? That sounds like the nice thing to do.

No. :( My stepmom and two of my brothers are going to Florida the day after the graduation party and won't be back until school starts back up.

Edited by Disk98

No. :( My stepmom and two of my brothers are going to Florida the day after the graduation party and won't be back until school starts back up.

:( :hug2:

Well, Disk, welcome to adulthood when suddenly you are expected to grin and bear what you formerly could have had a tantrum over. :)

Cheer up! We'll give you a virtual birthday party here complete with a massive and calorie-ridden birthday cake. We'll throw in a bottle of champagne since you are 18. I forget what the legal drinking age is there - is it still 18 or did they raise it back up to 21?

• Like 1

Well, Disk, welcome to adulthood when suddenly you are expected to grin and bear what you formerly could have had a tantrum over. :)

Cheer up! We'll give you a virtual birthday party here complete with a massive and calorie-ridden birthday cake. We'll throw in a bottle of champagne since you are 18. I forget what the legal drinking age is there - is it still 18 or did they raise it back up to 21?

The drinking age in the US is 21. Has been for many years now.

:LOL: Well, I appreciate that, thank you. And I believe the legal drinking age is twenty-one, but I keep telling myself I will never do it. :)

• Like 1

The drinking age in the US is 21. Has been for many years now.

Well, dear, it used to be 18. :cheers:

Edited by Lorraine

How does a member rack up 667 posts in one day on here?

Has someone done that?

I don't even have to look it up to know who the person is.

?

(That's my guess!)