What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

Learning that the Orlando Disney property warning signs didn't have the bottom sign...

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2016/06/15/0615-no-swimming-gators-sign-disney-hyatt-graham-regency-6.jpg

Wow!! Lawsuit big time. I heard the story on the radio. Very sad indeed.

• Like 1

Applying for work and never getting any feedback, only to contact the employer to further my chances to find out I am one of thousands of applicants.

Thousands.

What kind of jobs are you applying for that have thousands of applicants? The FBI or whatever the equivalent of that is in the UK?

A Waiter and customer service roll in a top end restaurant. Some thing I've done before.

It's really bad in my area for employment. Regardless of your qualifications.

• Like 2

Applying for work and never getting any feedback, only to contact the employer to further my chances to find out I am one of thousands of applicants.

Thousands.

What kind of jobs are you applying for that have thousands of applicants? The FBI or whatever the equivalent of that is in the UK?

A Waiter and customer service roll in a top end restaurant. Some thing I've done before.

Hang in their young man,

Some thing will come up. I know it can be really tough. You feel good for a while then depression can set in. It's like an emotional roller coaster.

Edited by troutman

Thousands.

Must be a really well respected restaurant if that many people are applying.

Is there anyone you know that can help you get in somewhere? That's how i've gotten work at several places before.

• Like 1

Learning that the Orlando Disney property warning signs didn't have the bottom sign...

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2016/06/15/0615-no-swimming-gators-sign-disney-hyatt-graham-regency-6.jpg

Coincidentally, Shanghai Disney opened today.

Yes. No gators in Shanghai. Are there signs for the dragons, though?

I think about 15% of the people in China were born in a year of the dragon...add to that dragon-phoenix (boy-girl) twins, and there'd better be signs.

• Like 1

I've never been able to actually see any actual footage of what happened on September 11, 2001 until now. I worked for a time in that area and came up every day from the PATH trains underneath the WTC, so I'm familiar with the area.

I'm sorry I watched it. It made me very sad.

Edit: Listened to some Rush and they chased the blues right away! :) :yes: :cheers: :banana: :cheerleader: :rush:

Edited by Lorraine

I've never been able to actually see any actual footage of what happened on September 11, 2001 until now. I worked for a time in that area and came up every day from the PATH trains underneath the WTC, so I'm familiar with the area.

I'm sorry I watched it. It made me very sad.

Edit: Listened to some Rush and they chased the blues right away! :) :yes: :cheers: :banana: :cheerleader: :rush:

:hug2:

A very close friend of mine, for 32 years, is still in a coma after a stroke nine days ago. I'm so worried about him. He is married and has a six year old daughter. Hell of a Father's Day.

I'm so sorry to hear this, lcc! Best wishes that he will pull through :hug2:

• Like 1

A very close friend of mine, for 32 years, is still in a coma after a stroke nine days ago. I'm so worried about him. He is married and has a six year old daughter. Hell of a Father's Day.

Thank you.
  • Like 1

Thank you.

You're very welcome!