What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

David Bowie

Yeah...

I skipped prom back in '90 because Bowie was in town for his Sound & Vision tour. It was a no brainer really but some of my classmates reacted with, "Really?! You're skipping prom for Bowie?!" My answer was the same to all those guys, "Of course I'm going to Bowie! Who knows when we'll get the chance to see him playing ALL of his classic stuff again?" At the time, Bowie was between albums with his new band Tin Machine (who I liked too). But the Sound & Vision tour was supposed to be, according to Bowie, "unequivocally the last time 'those' songs will be played" because of the new direction he wanted to travel (rock-wise and as a band member instead of as a solo artist).

That '90 gig still sticks out as one of my most memorable shows ever. It was the only time I ever saw David Bowie perform.

• Like 4

Awww...thanks b, hey theres always potential right? I'm not a pessimist, I just play one on tv.

You're welcome, DD! :cheers:

ANYTHING CAN HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPEN! :cheerleader:

That was my BFF's favorite song on HYF! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/RUSH%20stuff/RUSHhyfballsanim.gif

• Like 1

What is it about this particular man that affects us more than the others? I don't know myself.

i don't know either.......i wasn't even the biggest fan of him.........but i do have all of his stuff through at least the 80's......Inherited from mom.

it's just heavy respect. a true artist his was.

his new one was great too.

Mick

I

• Like 5

R.I.P. David Bowie....http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Deadness/lastrites-dead.gif

What is it about this particular man that affects us more than the others? I don't know myself.

I think I do...it was his imagination and taking his ideas to fruition! Diamond Dogs is my favorite album of his, but I like everything I've ever heard from him.... :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Like 2

Why is David's death so tragic...surprising and utterly shocking? Because for the last few years he flew under the radar, yet in OUR youth, yes HIS youth too

he was IN YOUR FACE. One way or another BAM Bowie did what? Said this? Did that? So independent, game changing style pioneering artistic in so many ways

and to top it off Rebellious without too awfully much of the violence and blood that washed across much of his time spent on Earth . Without realizing it, I'd spent an entire day listening to music to David's music recapturing memories of my own lost youth....like we used to do when we were kids. 8th grade Battle of the Bands? I was inthe A/Vclub and ran lights and sound for the stage, I told Andy Sonatore (drummer of the glam rock band that evening) as I set up his strobe under his throne "you guys? you're gonna win" Oh? Yeah I heard your sound check you guys rock....wait'll Purple Haze.... They were the last act..So when Purple Haze kicked in? I turned the stage purple... then kicked his strobe on and SHUT DOWN EVERY LIGHT IN THE AUDITORIUM! Mr Kozar and Mr Kuhtyak the A.V club mentors went nuts turning the lights back on... one of em slapped me on my back and yelled WHAT THE EF ARE YOU DOING???? And Andy Sonatore Matt Sonatore (lead guitar) and Evan Kalambakas (bass) played Suffragette City as their winner's encore....the Sonatore brothers sporting their Bowie shag hair and rock n roll attitude. Bowie inspired you to do what was right for you and f8CK EVERYONE ELSE THAT DOES NOT UNDERSTAND! Eventually they will and if they don't? Give em time... just like Ohio weather if you don't like it? wait 10 minutes! There's a video of a Canadian Astronaut that covered Space Oddity on the ISS loaded it on You Tube before he left the station? I played it I don't know how many times and wept each time. My first ever record was Space Oddity on a 45 (a what?) soon after begging and pleading with Mom to let me watch the men walk on the moon? She relented and sent this space cadet on his own Space Odyssey. David was a one of a kind,no one will EVER fill his shoes...and part of the sadness is having lost him over the course of time only to find him again..........

Edited by BeOhBe Bob
  • Like 3

I still can't take it in. I'm in shock over Lemmy, then I'm hit w/ Bowie! :o :(

He always seemed somehow... immortal. Like, there's no way he can really go.

I'm in shock. My brain still refuses to process this one.

I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring.

-David Bowie

• Like 5

Why is David's death so tragic...surprising and utterly shocking? Because for the last few years he flew under the radar, yet in OUR youth, yes HIS youth too

he was IN YOUR FACE. One way or another BAM Bowie did what? Said this? Did that? So independent, game changing style pioneering artistic in so many ways

and to top it off Rebellious without too awfully much of the violence and blood that washed across much of his time spent on Earth . Without realizing it, I'd spent an entire day listening to music to David's music recapturing memories of my own lost youth....like we used to do when we were kids. 8th grade Battle of the Bands? I was inthe A/Vclub and ran lights and sound for the stage, I told Andy Sonatore (drummer of the glam rock band that evening) as I set up his strobe under his throne "you guys? you're gonna win" Oh? Yeah I heard your sound check you guys rock....wait'll Purple Haze.... They were the last act..So when Purple Haze kicked in? I turned the stage purple... then kicked his strobe on and SHUT DOWN EVERY LIGHT IN THE AUDITORIUM! Mr Kozar and Mr Kuhtyak the A.V club mentors went nuts turning the lights back on... one of em slapped me on my back and yelled WHAT THE EF ARE YOU DOING???? And Andy Sonatore Matt Sonatore (lead guitar) and Evan Kalambakas (bass) played Suffragette City as their winner's encore....the Sonatore brothers sporting their Bowie shag hair and rock n roll attitude. Bowie inspired you to do what was right for you and f8CK EVERYONE ELSE THAT DOES NOT UNDERSTAND! Eventually they will and if they don't? Give em time... just like Ohio weather if you don't like it? wait 10 minutes! There's a video of a Canadian Astronaut that covered Space Oddity on the ISS loaded it on You Tube before he left the station? I played it I don't know how many times and wept each time. My first ever record was Space Oddity on a 45 (a what?) soon after begging and pleading with Mom to let me watch the men walk on the moon? She relented and sent this space cadet on his own Space Odyssey. David was a one of a kind,no one will EVER fill his shoes...and part of the sadness is having lost him over the course of time only to find him again..........

^^^WHAT HE SAID!!!

One of our two ducks Jimmy - the friendliest duck you'd ever meet - died today :( . Not sure how, my dad just found him lying there in a puddle. Left our other duck, Floor, all alone :( .

Sorry for your loss....so long, Jimmy the duck....http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Deadness/dead-smiley.gif