What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

Just a bit sad but it has happened. The nest is officially empty as of 6:00am this morning. My son and his girlfriend are off to Clemson seeking Masters Degrees for a couple few years. So proud of him and the man he has become. It was much more emotional for my wife as he was her baby. My baby daughter has been gone now and in Savannah GA for 11 years now but my son has now finally flown the coop. Just my wife and I to stare at each other and the cats from here on out or at least for quite a while... :sigh:

Your post almost makes me want to cry... Please give your wife this for me :hug2: , and here's one for you. :hug2:

There will come a time, in the not to distant future, that my son will fly the coop... I am dreading the day as he'll always be my baby...

I like stories of proud parents :hug2:

You are sweet. My babies aren't doctors or lawyers but I couldn't be more proud of the people they have become... :wub: love them
  • Like 3

Just a bit sad but it has happened. The nest is officially empty as of 6:00am this morning. My son and his girlfriend are off to Clemson seeking Masters Degrees for a couple few years. So proud of him and the man he has become. It was much more emotional for my wife as he was her baby. My baby daughter has been gone now and in Savannah GA for 11 years now but my son has now finally flown the coop. Just my wife and I to stare at each other and the cats from here on out or at least for quite a while... :sigh:

Your post almost makes me want to cry... Please give your wife this for me :hug2: , and here's one for you. :hug2:

There will come a time, in the not to distant future, that my son will fly the coop... I am dreading the day as he'll always be my baby...

I like stories of proud parents :hug2:

You are sweet. My babies aren't doctors or lawyers but I couldn't be more proud of the people they have become... :wub: love them

For Narp :hug2: and for Narp's wife :hug2:

• Like 2

You are a sweetie. Thanks my friend... :hug2:
  • Like 1

There are times where I wonder if the real reason why my parents don't mind me living in their house rent free is because that the empty nest syndrome would just be too much to bear...

A very close friend of mine whom was also my roommate in college for half a semester before leaving, his mother had been battling leukemia and recently it had relapsed and lost her battle this afternoon. We had a band, it wasn't really serious, it was just me, him and my sister jamming for fun, and we'd jam in his basement and his mother was always very kind to me and my sister and cooked food for the three of us after we'd finish jamming or take a break. I consider myself very lucky to have my immediately family alive and well, but never had I known someone personally who had gone through something like this.

A very close friend of mine whom was also my roommate in college for half a semester before leaving, his mother had been battling leukemia and recently it had relapsed and lost her battle this afternoon. We had a band, it wasn't really serious, it was just me, him and my sister jamming for fun, and we'd jam in his basement and his mother was always very kind to me and my sister and cooked food for the three of us after we'd finish jamming or take a break. I consider myself very lucky to have my immediately family alive and well, but never had I known someone personally who had gone through something like this.

:rose:

Thinking about all the great people I've met and visited with at all the Rush pre-concert get togethers and the fact that I may not ever see many of them again.

I know where you're coming from...but we can't afford to think about it that way.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for us to arrange get-togethers of TRF members.

Still, there's nothing else quite like a Rush tour.

• Like 3

I don't know how old you are, but I am 46. Last week, my best friend who I met in college in 1988,has his mother pass away, and I went to her memorial service yesterday.

I'm not trying to one-up you or anything, just trying to let you know you are not alone.

• Like 4

I don't know how old you are, but I am 46. Last week, my best friend who I met in college in 1988,has his mother pass away, and I went to her memorial service yesterday.

I'm not trying to one-up you or anything, just trying to let you know you are not alone.

Very true.

Very true.

I'm 21, but I know that there's definitely people who've had experienced something similar this or something way worse. Still, I just feel sad for my friend.

My beautiful cat Luna, who I have had since I was 10, has been diagnosed with cancer. I regard him as my oldest friend so I am devestasted to be honest, but he is about 20 so I am proud he managed this far!

What makes things worse is having moved recently I had to rehome him, so he spent three months lonely and depressed with strangers after fifteen years thereabouts always by my side as my little buddy.

My beautiful cat Luna, who I have had since I was 10, has been diagnosed with cancer. I regard him as my oldest friend so I am devestasted to be honest, but he is about 20 so I am proud he managed this far!

What makes things worse is having moved recently I had to rehome him, so he spent three months lonely and depressed with strangers after fifteen years thereabouts always by my side as my little buddy.

Sorry to hear this, Segue :(

Back in March, my cat Bramble passed away. She'd been with me for 15 years, so I feel your pain.

• Like 3

I'm really sorry to hear this, Segue. :(

My similar best friend, my dog, who is just about eleven now, and who I've had for nearly ten years, is starting to show his age and is having some health issues just in the past couple of weeks. (But I've been blessed that his health is still as good as it is). So at any rate...I do sympathize.

• Like 1

:( Sorry brother. Been there more than once...
  • Like 2

Putting on my clothes and going back to the grindstone known as work...I'd rather be doing other things.

Ease yourself into it. Listen to Moist during your commute. Think of the good times.

It'll get easier.

• Like 1

Very true.

I'm 21, but I know that there's definitely people who've had experienced something similar this or something way worse. Still, I just feel sad for my friend.

Understood, and believe me, I wasn't trying to lessen your situation, at all. When I was 20, and in college, my grandfather passed away suddenly. A week later, a different friend of mine had a grandmother who passed away. We were a wreck there for a little while. It's definitely not easy.

Just do the best you can for Luna. I hope he's back home with you now?

• Like 1

Sadly no, but he is comfortable and I will be with him when we let him go next week.

• Like 1

Sadly no, but he is comfortable and I will be with him when we let him go next week.

I'm so sorry to hear this, Segue. ((Hugs)) to you and Luna. I'm glad he's not in any pain, but how difficult for you. Hang in there.

• Like 1

I've been reading through all of these posts, and there are certainly a lot of stories here I can relate to. Life is wonderful but can be awful at times, especially when the family, friends and pets who help to make it wonderful leave us. These stories also put things into perspective. People get so annoyed by little things sometimes, things that just don't matter that much. My heart goes out to all of you who are suffering loss and pain. All you know of me is words on the screen, but I sure sense (as Narps frequently reminds us) that there are some very fine folks on this forum. Here's hoping that the good memories and the support of friends help with the pain at least a little. :cheers:
  • Like 1

I'm so sorry to hear this, Segue :hug2:

• Like 1

I've been reading through all of these posts, and there are certainly a lot of stories here I can relate to. Life is wonderful but can be awful at times, especially when the family, friends and pets who help to make it wonderful leave us. These stories also put things into perspective. People get so annoyed by little things sometimes, things that just don't matter that much. My heart goes out to all of you who are suffering loss and pain. All you know of me is words on the screen, but I sure sense (as Narps frequently reminds us) that there are some very fine folks on this forum. Here's hoping that the good memories and the support of friends help with the pain at least a little. :cheers:

Amen... :)
  • Like 1