What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

Video my daughter showed me..

My cousin died today. :( she wasn't even a month old yet, and I never met her.

Sorry.. :(

What made me sad today? Oh nothing really......

Just modern society, going nowhere in life, today's music, hating how I look, hating my personality, having no motivation for anything, and just wanting to disappear.

Edited by fraroc
  • Like 1

Just modern society, going nowhere in life, today's music, hating how I look, hating my personality, having no motivation for anything, and just wanting to disappear.

Hang in there, buddy! Miss you around SOCN, btw.
  • Like 1

Well too bad for you, I'm never going back there.

Really sorry to hear this, Disk. :( I had a similar experience about 11-12 years ago.

I feel especially bad for your cousin's parents as well.

:rose:

Agreed. Very nice goose... :cheers:

Really sorry to hear this, Disk. :(

^^^^ This :( :rose:
  • Like 2

My dog died last night. He was a nearly 13 year old Golden Retriever and he had a good life, but man, I'm really gonna miss him. RIP Mojo.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Mojo. You have my sympathies. Rest in peace, lil fella... :rose:

I am late to offer my condolences but I do know how much the loss of a beloved pet means. My father had German Shorthair Pointers when I was little and I cried for days when Lady left us. Hope you have some great pictures and memories of him to treasure once the hurt lessens a bit. :hug2:

Really sorry to hear this, Disk. :(

^^^^ This :( :rose:

I am so sorry to hear this, Disk :sigh:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Thanks, guys. My cousin was born 3 months premature and was doing very well her first four weeks. She would have gone home next week had she not contracted pneaumonia. What sucks is that pneaumonia is treatable. My aunt told the doctors she thought something was wrong with the baby, but the doctors assured her everything was fine. :sigh: Once they determined the baby was sick, they had to transport her to a hospital with better equipment to treat her. But the initial hospital told the second hospital to bring the wrong transport equipment (not intentionally, obviously), so they had to go back and get the right equipment. What should have been a one-hour transfer took five hours. By the time the transport was over, she was gone.

I know it won't bring the baby back, but I think there could be a lawsuit involved…

That's awful Disk, so sorry to hear that. Reminds me of my cousin who had to drive 7 hours to get to the hospital to see his dad. Once he arrived and asked what room he was in, the nurse said oh he's dead. Really bad p.r. and it was cruel to do that. It is hard to lose them but when it is because of someone bungling things that makes it hurt more. sorry :hug2:

The outdoor cat who has roamed between houses on my childhood neighborhood for ten years was apparently hurt by some people intentionally. He was found unable to walk in the middle of the road yesterday afternoon right in front of my mother's house. Fortunately, mom took him to the vet and turns out whoever did this to him broke his leg - hairline fracture. Apparently the x-rays also showed some pellets lodged inside him from yet another occasion where people hurt him intentionally. Since there were not entrance wounds, it was determined these have been there for a while. He is currently recovering in my mom's bathroom, where he is unable to walk any sort of distance. He will be transitioned to an indoor cat and probably live with me for the rest of his life.

I just can't understand who in their right mind can disrespect life in that sort of way. I am thankful that we were able to rescue him. I'm very angry at whoever did this.

• Like 3

The outdoor cat who has roamed between houses on my childhood neighborhood for ten years was apparently hurt by some people intentionally. He was found unable to walk in the middle of the road yesterday afternoon right in front of my mother's house. Fortunately, mom took him to the vet and turns out whoever did this to him broke his leg - hairline fracture. Apparently the x-rays also showed some pellets lodged inside him from yet another occasion where people hurt him intentionally. Since there were not entrance wounds, it was determined these have been there for a while. He is currently recovering in my mom's bathroom, where he is unable to walk any sort of distance. He will be transitioned to an indoor cat and probably live with me for the rest of his life.

I just can't understand who in their right mind can disrespect life in that sort of way. I am thankful that we were able to rescue him. I'm very angry at whoever did this.

That poor kitty... :hug2:

• Like 2

I will never understand how people can be cruel to animals or each other. It just makes me so sad and angry too. Bless you Mean Mean Pride and your Mom for taking this kitty into your home. Having adopted a number of stray cats, I can say they are special to have in your life. They have a lot of love to give and I think they are especially glad to finally have a home. Our current stray is my husband's best buddy since we brought him inside over a year ago. He follows him everywhere and sleeps by his feet every night. I hope your new kitty friend will mend and be a pal to you too :hug2: Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

I will never understand how people can be cruel to animals or each other. It just makes me so sad and angry too. Bless you Mean Mean Pride and your Mom for taking this kitty into your home. Having adopted a number of stray cats, I can say they are special to have in your life. They have a lot of love to give and I think they are especially glad to finally have a home. Our current stray is my husband's best buddy since we brought him inside over a year ago. He follows him everywhere and sleeps by his feet every night. I hope your new kitty friend will mend and be a pal to you too :hug2:

Thanks. We are very lucky to have found him and taken him inside to rest before things got bad. Doctor says 2 week recovery if he sits still and doesn't move a lot.

• Like 1

Just a bit sad but it has happened. The nest is officially empty as of 6:00am this morning. My son and his girlfriend are off to Clemson seeking Masters Degrees for a couple few years. So proud of him and the man he has become. It was much more emotional for my wife as he was her baby. My baby daughter has been gone now and in Savannah GA for 11 years now but my son has now finally flown the coop. Just my wife and I to stare at each other and the cats from here on out or at least for quite a while... :sigh:
  • Like 4

Just a bit sad but it has happened. The nest is officially empty as of 6:00am this morning. My son and his girlfriend are off to Clemson seeking Masters Degrees for a couple few years. So proud of him and the man he has become. It was much more emotional for my wife as he was her baby. My baby daughter has been gone now and in Savannah GA for 11 years now but my son has now finally flown the coop. Just my wife and I to stare at each other and the cats from here on out or at least for quite a while... :sigh:

Your post almost makes me want to cry... Please give your wife this for me :hug2: , and here's one for you. :hug2:

There will come a time, in the not to distant future, that my son will fly the coop... I am dreading the day as he'll always be my baby...

• Like 3

Your post almost makes me want to cry... Please give your wife this for me :hug2: , and here's one for you. :hug2:

There will come a time, in the not to distant future, that my son will fly the coop... I am dreading the day as he'll always be my baby...

I like stories of proud parents :hug2:

• Like 3