What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

My Great Aunt Carrie passed away yesterday.

She was 93, and the last of my grandparents' generation. All my grandparents and great aunts and uncles are now gone. :( :( :(

I was really hoping to see her when I went South on vacation in September. A surprise visit was in the works. She wasn't even five feet tall, but she didn't take shit from anybody. She had a strong personality and love for life that we all envied. When I was a small child, Aunt Carrie and Uncle Joe showed me that "old people" were just as cool as everyone else!!   :thumbsup:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 7

She was 93, and the last of my grandparents' generation. All my grandparents and great aunts and uncles are now gone. :( :( :(

I was really hoping to see her when I went South on vacation in September. A surprise visit was in the works. She wasn't even five feet tall, but she didn't take shit from anybody. She had a strong personality and love for life that we all envied. When I was a small child, Aunt Carrie and Uncle Joe showed me that "old people" were just as cool as everyone else!! :ebert:

Sorry to hear that, may she rest in peace.

:rose:

• Like 3

93 is a great run and a testament to a great spirit. RIP Great Aunt Carrie :rose:
  • Like 2

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. :)

This thread doesn't have to be super-depressing, but it can be a venting place for those who have been rendered sad, if even for a moment.

And we can always tell raunchy jokes to cheer each other up......;) ;).

• Like 2

I was really hoping to see her when I went South on vacation in September. A surprise visit was in the works. She wasn't even five feet tall, but she didn't take shit from anybody. She had a strong personality and love for life that we all envied. When I was a small child, Aunt Carrie and Uncle Joe showed me that "old people" were just as cool as everyone else!! :ebert:

I'm so sorry, PM. It's sad when the "old timers" in your family start dying out. Most of us have had at least one "Great Aunt Carrie" in our life. My family is all gone too. Just me and my sister left.

My condolences :hug2:

I'm glad that you have such fond memories of her, though! She sure sounds great!

Trying to remember my past. I have photos of myself every year of my life and it doesn't matter which one I'm looking at, I can't remember a thing :( I guess I shouldn't care so much about it but it's a very strange feeling for me.

That is why I keep a journal and encourage my kids to keep them as well---it's hard to remember details especially as you grow older.

• Like 1

Those thugs in Macon, Georgia, who burst into a Walmart and randomly vandalized the place...they also hurt a handicapped senior citizen riding a motorized cart.

The propensity for mankind's imbecility and utter disregard for his fellow man appalls me.

Those thugs in Macon, Georgia, who burst into a Walmart and randomly vandalized the place...they also hurt a handicapped senior citizen riding a motorized cart.

The propensity for mankind's imbecility and utter disregard for his fellow man appalls me.

Yeah, I have to deal with it everyday on the road. People can be real jerks, to be blunt about it.

My dog died last night. He was a nearly 13 year old Golden Retriever and he had a good life, but man, I'm really gonna miss him. RIP Mojo.

I am very sorry to hear this :(

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear this, PM. May she rest in peace. :rose:

I have a great aunt who just turned 92 last week, and is in declining health- but she has also had a great run. She's a character and a half, too. So was my grandmother, and her total of nine brothers and two sisters. (Three of her brothers and the one sister are still alive, ranging from 81 to 92 now).

My dog died last night. He was a nearly 13 year old Golden Retriever and he had a good life, but man, I'm really gonna miss him. RIP Mojo.

Really sorry for your loss, Stormtron. My dog Mike is getting older; he's a mix of Catahoula and Plott hound. He'll be eleven in a couple of months. He has slowed down, but he's still in very good health, for now. I know I'll never have another dog like him. He is one of a kind, man.

• Like 1

Really sorry for your loss, Stormtron. My dog Mike is getting older; he's a mix of Catahoula and Plott hound. He'll be eleven in a couple of months. He has slowed down, but he's still in very good health, for now. I know I'll never have another dog like him. He is one of a kind, man.

Thank you. That's how I feel too...I didn't realize how good he was until I got a few more dogs, and I love them, but they're jerks compared to him. :D He was one of those dogs you could just take anywhere and he'd hang out. Super friendly and everybody loved him. He had slowed down a bit but didn't seem like anything was bothering him, but I knew what the average life of a Golden is and I'm thankful he didn't suffer.

• Like 1

Ouch. I'm sorry for your loss. RIP Mojo

• Like 2

Sorry for your loss. :hug2:

Edited by librarian
  • Like 1