New York, New York Periscope Thread - June 29, 2015

Lorraine

Sounds like he's struggling more than usual tonight.

Seems like he has days where he just doesn't have as good control of his voice.

Yeah, he's all over the place vocally tonight. He can't seem to find the right pitch at all.

Could be the venue - could be he's excited - could be he's tired - could be he's a little shaken playing the first gig after one of his idols passed away (I could not imagine my first gig after Neil passes...) (Perspective: Chris Squire was 5 years older than Geddy is now.)

• Like 1

I guess I can see why they weren't excited about playing JL for so many years. It's kind of a repetitive song, more about mood and atmosphere than playing.

Yeah, he's all over the place vocally tonight. He can't seem to find the right pitch at all.

Could be the venue - could be he's excited - could be he's tired - could be he's a little shaken playing the first gig after one of his idols passed away (I could not imagine my first gig after Neil passes...) (Perspective: Chris Squire was 5 years older than Geddy is now.)

He's just having a bad night vocally, it happens.

I thought for sure he would mention that, but I guess he hasn't yet.

Think about it this way. His worst night is better than any of our best nights!
  • Like 2

That's one of the things that made Newark so good. He sounded good for most of the night. I don't envy the man, but I do respect him. He's a treasure.

• Like 1

Think about it this way. His worst night is better than any of our best nights!

Yeah, but nobody's gonna pay any of us millions to try. :P