Special song poll

ytserush

Mink of Dink?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which performance do you like more?

• Mink
    • Dink
    • Can't decide. (Still have made choice)
    • They both suck (Where's your humanity?)

I'm going with Mink even though I personally witnessed Dink. It's close. Maybe all versions will be bonuses on the DVD.

It was the first time ever and he played on the original.

If not for that it's probably a toss up for me.

Edited by ytserush

Jonathan was awesome, and maybe a tad "better" (such a subjective word) than Ben. But, the Ben performance was about more than just Ben vs. Jonathan. The Ben performance was the FIRST time we'd ever experienced and witnessed that song live. Also, he's the originator of those classic parts. As much as I thought Jonathan's actual performance was a bit better, I'm going with Ben because I still get chills watching the Toronto performance. But it's so insanely close I can't even vote on it :)
  • Like 1

They couldnt grab a member of the Clockwork Angels string section have them do a few shows each and play the song at every show. What a bunch of Dinks!

They probably didn't think it was right for live shows since they never played it before. I'm thinking they only started to realize the fans wanted it after someone looked at the polls for songs requested by the fans.

Mink was the real deal (the original)... EPIC!

Dink was just some guy playing a cover tune...

Edited by rushbass

Just watched the Jonathan performance. Wow both were great. I think Ben kept it very close to the original, something special, first time played live and having Ben play it. I think Jonathan really went for it in the instrumental section, great solo. It's even for me, different performances and styles, both played superbly.
  • Like 1

I have watched both performances more times than I wish to admit and IMO Dink was far superior.

But there was a cool factor with Mink that is hard to deny. I mean c'mon...having the original violinist was awesome!

So I'm really torn...but my vote goes to Dinklage. He just flat out did an amazing job!!!

Edited by BrightAntennae
  • Like 2

I liked both but to me, Dink's was more enjoyable to listen to so I hope his gets put on the CD. I think they recorded the Newark version.