Newark...wow...

byoungjr

Unbelievably good show last night. Of the 25 shows I have seen since the Power Windows tour, this was the best by far.

If this is the last time I ever get to see them (and I hope it isn't), I'm one happy camper!!!

• Like 11

Yes. Another kick-ass show. They all played with enthusiasm and the crowd was awesome. Pretty much everybody in my section were on their feet the entire show.

Also, the setlist was superb. And yes, that includes the first half.

What a wonderful band.

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 5

Loved every minute of it, they were absolutely awesome last night. Hell, even Neil was smiling at times...if its the last time I see them then I have memories of an awesome, inspired performance. As we were leaving the hotel this morning we chatted with two other couples in the lobby...we say the same thing, as much as we fans would miss them...the guys would miss this too! Sure possibly "tours of this magnitude" may end with R40 but we'll have to wait and see the future.
  • Like 2

I was blown away! Never dreamed we would get the special set - thought that was for MSG. The sound was mind blowing. Alex was playful and really spot on. Ged sang like a much younger man. The energy was just beyond intense.
  • Like 2

I was a little closer at the Boston show than I was here, but the crowd was far more energetic and engaged than in Boston, and it seemed that the band was too.

That show ruled! I'll put some photos here when I have a chance--got some really great ones from 4th row center. I also saw Michael Moore there during intermission, and got a blurry iPhone photo of him after saying hello.
  • Like 1

This was,bar none the best show that I have ever seen by Rush. If they pack it in after this tour,I go out a happy man. They left it all on the stage and pulled out surprises to boot. They were in fire and even Alex's train wreck opening to Closer to the Heart couldn't slow this show down.
  • Like 3

This was,bar none the best show that I have ever seen by Rush. If they pack it in after this tour,I go out a happy man. They left it all on the stage and pulled out surprises to boot. They were in fire and even Alex's train wreck opening to Closer to the Heart couldn't slow this show down.

Couldn't agree more! Was riding a high all day yesterday after experiencing this show. Today...major post concert depression setting in.

• Like 2

Agreed, though that wasn't Alex's fault. It was feedback.

*** Spoiler alert***

did they do losing it again with a different violinist than ben mink

Edited by madrushian

Nice article on the Newark show.

Rush Rocks Harder Than Ever at 40th Anniversary Tour Stop in New Jersey: Live Review

http://www.billboard.com/articles/review/6612939/rush-rocks-harder-than-ever-at-40th-anniversary-tour-stop-in-new-jersey-live

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1