Spoiler - Best performance of this song to date!

johnnyonthespot

Saw them in Bristow to end leg ! Seems to ever since the pulled off a flawless performance on Toronto's second show- that they been on fire- they seems so relaxed and enjoying themselves and reaching that high bar every concert.

Gave me goosebumps to be honest and a bit of eye watering. Good grief... :sigh:
  • Like 2

Certainly after watching something this great there is no way they or their people can muck up the impending DVD right?... :codger:
  • Like 1

Gave me goosebumps to be honest and a bit of eye watering. Good grief... :sigh:

Oh I hear you, that beginning always gives me the chills...and maybe just a tiny bit of that "eye watering". :blush:

Edited by byoungjr
  • Like 1

I could tell immediately when Alex started playing the intro that it was going to be good. He sounded particularly aggressive with it last night, if that makes sense. Maybe he's been practicing.

It's nice to just enjoy a straight on shot video like this...great stuff.

Amen on the straight on shot. That's what we want to see...just like we'd watch it if we were there.

• Like 2

Certainly after watching something this great there is no way they or their people can muck up the impending DVD right?... :codger:

Unfortunately it seems like nobody knows how to put out a good concert video anymore. Rush certainly don't judging by their last few efforts.

• Like 1

With the great light show they've got on this tour it would be a real shame if they didn't film it straight on. It's gorgeous. If they jump around like they did on the last video it's going to lose all of the impact.
  • Like 1

With the great light show they've got on this tour it would be a real shame if they didn't film it straight on. It's gorgeous. If they jump around like they did on the last video it's going to lose all of the impact.

Agreed and I am not saying this one was "professionally" done but I sure loved how it was done and straight on seems always best. The laser show etc is awesome that way. "Some" individual shots and crowd shots mixed in is cool but the "base" shot should be this. A straight on and tight shot of the stage period... please? :sigh:
  • Like 2

Agreed and I am not saying this one was "professionally" done but I sure loved how it was done and straight on seems always best. The laser show etc is awesome that way. "Some" individual shots and crowd shots mixed in is cool but the "base" shot should be this. A straight on and tight shot of the stage period... please? :sigh:

Sometimes less truly is more. Keep the R40 DVD simple, straight forward and basic. I fear we can only dream!

• Like 1

I was fortunate enough to see the second TO show from section 102, 12th row. I was center stage just above the floor seats. I couldn't imagine a better perspective to see the light show. It was awesome! !!

I'm more worried about the sound quality than the way it's filmed personally (although it's important too). I thought the sound quality was really bad on the Clockwork Angels Tour DVD, the only other DVD I watched was the Snakes & Arrows one and the sound was fine on that one. Edited by Tuesday's Gone

yeah, have to find out that the last guy who did CA dvd isn't doing this one. but I believe either way. its not gonna come close to r30 or snakes and arrows. it will have problems and we will all bitch someway shape or form..

Jesus Christ, the Closer to the Heart sounds JUST like 90s Geddy.

But what I do miss, is the electronic drums for CTTH.

Edited by fraroc