Did Rush have groupies?

Tom Sawyer

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Aug 23 2005, 09:19 AM)
I don't think they ever had any groupies. Maybe Geddy and Neil did (probably not), but Alex most likely didn't, as I think he was married to his sweetheart in 1975.

Oh, I think they had women who pursued all of them. And, incidentally, Geddy married his wife in (I believe) 1976. I just can't see them being really into the groupie thing. But, what do any of us know? Who cares? I think we all hold them to this monumentally high standard without having a clue who they really are. I'm certainly guilty of this. They're just three guys who happen to be very talented at and dedicated to what they do.

Remember in the song "In the Mood", when they played the song live they changed the words to "Hey GROUPIE its a quarter to 8, I feel I'm in the mood, hey GROUPIE the hour is late I feel I've got to move"

I WANT TO SEE ALL YOUR HANDS.....HIGH.....YEAHHHH

Hey baby I say I Like your style........

See, they talked about their groupies in their songs so that answers your question.

I heard Geddy tried to beat out Gene Simons and before he lost count he banged like 27,000 women, IN ONE NIGHT!!!! rofl3.gif

FFs they were 70s rockstars ....you can depend on it that they were schnozzle deep in cocaine and balls deep in groupies....

Not according to Gene Simmons.

But, if you watch this interview they definitely did some major mind altering substances. Alex is so f#cking high and Geddy isn't too far behind. Neil is pretty high too, but not like they are. :D

http://youtu.be/XGK2uWbOH30

Edited by snowdogged

FFs they were 70s rockstars ....you can depend on it that they were schnozzle deep in cocaine and balls deep in groupies....

Not according to Gene Simmons.

But, if you watch this interview they definitely did some major mind altering substances. Alex is so f#cking high and Geddy isn't too far behind. Neil is high too, but not like they are. :D

Good nyborg...!
  • Like 3

Maybe they did and maybe they didn't. They played hockey and played with remote controlled cars from what I've read. They've just seemed on the more sane end of things. We've benn inundated with tales of ribaldry for decades now... Led Zeppelin, Motley Crue, etc.., so maybe craziness seems kind of expected and its more weird if a band from back then wasn't noted for indulgence. Hell, even the rap on Soundgarden was mostly they drank coffee or beer and did crossword puzzles. Their roadie who smoked weed pretty much did so on his own. I think part of the reason for their decades long success was they didn destroy themselves within a decade.
  • Like 1

They toured with KI$$.

Didn't Jean $immons brings girls to Rush's room only to have Alex scare them off with "The Bag"? (Not sure where I read that....)

:D

Actually, they kicked the girl out of the room because she tried to take the bag off of Alex's head.
  • Like 1

I know for a fact that Geddy slept with his Rickenbacker bass.Also they read books but not the picture book Danish variety.
  • Like 1