why ?

maxbeckmann

sorry if this has already been discussed.

just come up from the montreal show. amazing experience. 4th row floor dead center.

it was the most pleasant show. don't read me as a complainer here.

i am just wondering.

the concept of a time machine behind this r40 tour is brilliant.

but why didn't they use it when they did the time machine tour in 2011 ?

Probably because they didn't think of it then. The Time Machine tour would have been a better name for this tour though.

Also, when the TMT happened there was no way the band knew that they would do a 40th anniversary tour.

Edited by J2112YYZ

Big difference is this tour has much more vintage 70s material. TMT they were in their love ❤ the synth era mode (although DEW was smokin tonite in Philly) and essentially the MP and CA warm up tour.

Yep, I bet they're wishing now that they hadn't already used that name. Would make way more sense now than it did in 2010. Edited by TexMike

Actually I don't think they have to regret using the Time Machine name for that tour because even in the intro comedy videos when he pushes the button everyone goes backward and forward in time to different eras if I remember. I think the name came based out of the fact they were going back to do the full Moving Pictures and also in the future for all the new stuff. They couldn't call the tour the 36th anniversary lol so it makes sense.

Having said that, the first set for that tour is still strange to me. The second set makes sense MP plus a bunch of major hits to finish the show. They played that exact set for 80+ shows I don't know how they couldn't get bored to a certain degree.