Last Rush show...eastern half of North America, days away.

GabesCavesOfIce

The 2011 MSG show is probably my all time favorite Rush show I've been to, and I have no doubt that the show on the 29th will top that one easily. Better late to discover Rush than never, but I'm glad that I get that I get to see them live again. Whatever setlist they play that night, I'll be one happy camper.

There's a good bootleg audio from MSG - Big Money Meets The Big Apple, December 7, 1991.

I was definitely at that one and Dec 6th also! Side section overlooking the stage, face value. 2nd row, great unobstructed view of Neil and the guys playing the pedals. DROVE to Ticketmaster on a hunch a month after all the good seats were long gone!

• Like 1

Wait, they soundchecked CTTC?!!

This is news to me.

I wish. I was just saying NYC should get a first ever tune like Toronto...they actually soundchecked losing it AFTER the TO show, so NYC is a possibility.

Edited by Gabrielgil513

My first Rush show ever was 1982 MSG, on the floor. Going to be back there next Monday, 33 years later, full circle. No place I'd rather see them. Can not wait! Edited by greg2112
  • Like 1

RIAB is reporting that they are hearing again NYC may be getting the special D setlist.

Everyone on the lookout for Ben Mink in The City!

• Like 1

So NYC show 1, aka JERSEY, was mind blowing new set...how the heck are they gonna top that for MSG???

Wow Jersey, that was insane, and my seats were also!!!

• Like 3

It seems like MSG is going to be quite the show. I saw them in Philly and have been making my peace about it possibly being the last time, though with their energy this tour and the reception it's been getting, I'm still optimistic about another shot at seeing them somewhere down the line. If they do the Radio City thing, that's going to be a mad scramble ticket-wise.

What are the chances of them playing Set B or E tomorrow because one of the song's in those sets is about NYC?

I was confused when they did CE in Jersey, it seemed they had that one lined up for the city. After last nite, they may have something special and something new for the mighty MSG, the Mecca of arena rock concerts.

I saw them there when I was a teen, and recently as a much older person than id like to admit. Not many arenas around the continent like that still standing with such awesome acoustics. And its newly renovated also.

songs they did not play on what was essentially NY1 last nite- CA, wreckers, OLV, DEW, NS, RB, YYZ. I'd think some of those, and I really hope a first time ever song! Probably losing it again.

But Jersey was on fire last nite, crowd pumped, drowned out Geddy at times, probably last time ever I have close floor seats...

What are the chances of them playing Set B or E tomorrow because one of the song's in those sets is about NYC?

I was confused when they did CE in Jersey, it seemed they had that one lined up for the city. After last nite, they may have something special and something new for the mighty MSG, the Mecca of arena rock concerts.

I saw them there when I was a teen, and recently as a much older person than id like to admit. Not many arenas around the continent like that still standing with such awesome acoustics. And its newly renovated also.

songs they did not play on what was essentially NY1 last nite- CA, wreckers, OLV, DEW, NS, RB, YYZ. I'd think some of those, and I really hope a first time ever song! Probably losing it again.

But Jersey was on fire last nite, crowd pumped, drowned out Geddy at times, probably last time ever I have close floor seats...

You'd figure they have to top it, but I have no idea how they would. I guess Ben Mink or someone else. Maybe it's a rotating guest spot. Who qulaifies in LA?