THE BOSTON STUBHUB REPORT

dtpoet

Week Northeast has arrived.

BTW, non sequitur, why is the northwest described with redundancy, The Pacific Northwest? As opposed to the Carribean Northwest? So in the spirit of that, welcome Rush, to the Atlantic Northeast, where seats are scarce and expensive. Time for some last minute price drops! Lower bowl seats for $280....the deals are starting!

They are ridiculous, and I've been holding out as long as I can for tickets. I haven't seen a show since R30, and since this may be the last one I was sweating it out. The world, finances, etc., haven't been good to me the past few years, so I had given up on seeing them. My brother-in-law surprised me with tickets on Saturday, so I'm actually going! Life is good...
  • Like 4

PROMENADE - 2 tickets at $198 per

BALCONY 300s - 26 tickets from $175 - $445

CLUB 100 - 0 tickets

LOGE - 43 tickets from $277 - $541

FLOOR - 40 tickets from $340 - $3236

111 seats remain

25.5 hour mark

PROMENADE - 0 tickets

BALCONY 300s - 26 tickets from $184 - $497

CLUB 100 - 7 tickets from $250 - $331

LOGE - 63 tickets from $230 - $999

FLOOR - 39 tickets from $306 - $1619

135 seats remain

Why have the prices gone up (except for the Floor which went down)?

Ive been watching Boston closely as I almost went to this show, $230 for lower bowl (loge) is a steal, much lower than prices have been up til now. Not like the buy one get one free prices in TO ;) but far less than its been (over the last four months)

Over the short term, stub hub prices appear to go up because fans are buying the cheapest tickets on the site, and the remaining inventory is more expensive

Does anyone still stand in front of a venue and try to sell tickets? Or are those scalper days over?

Scalpers are definitely still around. I've seen them the past few concerts I've been to, and every sporting event. You'd think with today's technology they'd be obsolete, but they actually use it to their advantage. I've seen groups of them working together, buying and selling, checking online, etc...

Does anyone still stand in front of a venue and try to sell tickets? Or are those scalper days over?

Scalpers are definitely still around. I've seen them the past few concerts I've been to, and every sporting event. You'd think with today's technology they'd be obsolete, but they actually use it to their advantage. I've seen groups of them working together, buying and selling, checking online, etc...

Would you get a better deal from one of them instead of buying online?

i plan on getting a seat tomorrow online, face value, and up close! i hope it all works out!

Ice water in ya veins!

• Like 2

Would you get a better deal from one of them instead of buying online?

Not until it's actually show time. If you are willing to miss the opener, the scalpers start sweating when it's show time, and you can cut a deal. Before then, because of the demand of these shows, Boston in particular, they won't budge until they know they are about to eat them.

i plan on getting a seat tomorrow online, face value, and up close! i hope it all works out!

Ice water in ya veins!

Absolutely! But, if all he needs is a single, I think he's going to score. Good luck! :)

• Like 1

Yeah, there are still scalpers for concerts. I don't seem to see as many of them as I used to but they're still out there before shows. They will never go away completely because if they can't sell their tickets online, they know that they can probably still run into some people wanting to buy tickets at the last minute outside the venue.

PROMENADE - 2 tickets at $198 per

BALCONY 300s - 26 tickets from $175 - $445

CLUB 100 - 0 tickets

LOGE - 43 tickets from $277 - $541

FLOOR - 40 tickets from $340 - $3236

111 seats remain

25.5 hour mark

PROMENADE - 0 tickets

BALCONY 300s - 26 tickets from $184 - $497

CLUB 100 - 7 tickets from $250 - $331

LOGE - 63 tickets from $230 - $999

FLOOR - 39 tickets from $306 - $1619

135 seats remain

Less than 12 hours

PROMENADE - 0 tickets

BALCONY 300s - 26 tickets from $199 - $497

CLUB 100s - 2 tickets at $277 per

LOGE - 59 tickets from $260 - $480

FLOOR - 31 tickets from $298 - $1350

118 seats remain

Today is the day. My 23rd Rush show, and my first in 11 years. It has been too long! :)

Some pretty intense storms are coming through MA, and upper New England, today. I hope Neil is already in the Boston area. Could make for some pretty tough motorcycle commuting otherwise!

Balconies 318 and 329 (both extreme ends of the stage) are now up for $92.50.