A certain surprise song is on YouTube already!

Snaked

Can the next deep cuts PLEASE be Fountain of Lamneth and Necromancer so we can now have partial Caress of Steel live?

;)

• Like 1

Just incredible ! Only thing that could have been better is if Neil played the drums more like he does on the original track during the electric violin solo. But overall, they played it extraordinarily well (pretty much perfect) and I had tears running down my face watching it on youtube. I've only been a fan for a year or so so I can't imagine what those of you who've been waiting for this song for 30+ years must be feeling. Edited by Tuesday's Gone

I don't know why this is such a huge deal...BUT IT IS...I have never been so affected by a song played live before. This is truly a beautiful song lyrically and musically. One of their best. I was watching live last night on Periscope and when Geddy started to announce this I was so shaken I could barely type on my phone to my friend that they were doing it...

A lot of banter came about after they did not play this on the Clockwork Angels tour with one of the violinists. These guys, as hard as it is to believe, must have read/realized the missed opportunity, saw how important this particular song is to the fans, and went to work on this plan.

What a moment.

Man, I love these guys.

Edited by vital signz
  • Like 2

I think so you can embed and send cant do it on my nextbook but can try and pm you when I get home

Oh, thanks, but I asked Eagle to do it. She sent me Xanadu after the Tulsa show! It takes forever for it to download in my email, but this is worth it to me! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Boy did that suck the life out of the crowd

As someone who was at the show, no it did not. The song got a really good reaction when Geddy announced it and after the song was finished. As anyone can easily hear in the video.

• Like 1

Boy did that suck the life out of the crowd

As someone who was at the show, no it did not. The song got a really good reaction when Geddy announced it and after the song was finished. As anyone can easily hear in the video.

:o You were there???

Oh tell me first hand what it was like before, during and after the song!

I'm listening to it off the album right now. I don't know how there could have been a dry eye in the place. Unless you hate or really dislike the song.

...some are born to move the world

to live their fantasies

but most of us just dream about the

things we like to be

Sadder still to watch it die

then never to have known it

For you the blind who once could see

the bell tolls for thee...

Tuesday's. I've been a fan since 1975 age 10. I showed my husband a sketch I did with the chorus of Losing It when signals came out. This song has always been emotional for me and watching the scope of it last night brought tears I am not sure what I would have done if I was actually there.

I don't know why this is such a huge deal...BUT IT IS...I have never been so affected by a song played live before. This is truly a beautiful song lyrically and musically. One of their best. I was watching live last night on Periscope and when Geddy started to announce this I was so shaken I could barely type on my phone to my friend that they were doing it...

A lot of banter came about after they did not play this on the Clockwork Angels tour with one of the violinists. These guys, as hard as it is to believe, must have read/realized the missed opportunity, saw how important this particular song is to the fans, and went to work on this plan.

What a moment.

Man, I love these guys.

Brilliant performance. I don't know if the guys could have handled playing this and "The Garden" during the CA tour... such emotional songs... I thinks I'd be in tears for far too long. Great stuff.

Was the audience singing along at the end? It sounded like it to me but I couldn't really tell.

I'm going to watch it again! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I would imagine people were singing all the way through depending on which video people listen to on YouTube. I know I would've been.

• Like 2

Do you all hear what Geddy is singing at the end? i just heard it.

Instead of the bell tolls for thee he's singing the bell tolls for you. He sings that twice, then I think he sings the bell tolls for me the last one.

I got this from the video, not the audio. someone else go listen and see if you hear it, or if I am mistaken.

Edited by Lorraine

People were singing along but it wasn't like they were drowning Geddy out or anything. Even in their hometown, most people go nuts for the hits and that's it. The crowd was receptive to everything but they were loudest for the hits as they would be anywhere else.

It really was something special to see them play that song in person for the first and possibly last time. My brother and I knew we were witnessing a once in lifetime event with them playing Losing it along with the DVD recording.

Instead of the bell tolls for thee he's singing the bell tolls for you. He sings that twice, then I think he sings the bell tolls for me the last one.

I got this from the video, not the audio. someone else go listen and see if you hear it, or if I am mistaken.

I think you are right. That is what I hear as well.

• Like 1

I think you are right. That is what I hear as well.

I'm surprised more here didn't pick it up. I didn't the first time I watched it only the second time.