BIG SPOILER in TO!

losingit2k

Still dont see what the big deal is with this song rather they play Digital Man

I also not a huge fan of Losing It and very much a fan of DM, but heres a couple of reasons...

Sentimental in lyric and music, as they rush towards full tour retirement

Never played live before

Electric violin, only Rush song to feature this as a lead instrument

Guest performer, only time on a lead instrument, with a solo

Thank you for looking at this the right way. I am not a DM fan, but you know what? If they played it, I would not whine about it. Just because I don't care for it, doesn't mean other Rush fans wouldn't want to hear it. Appreciate these guys up there, no matter what they choose to play.

It's not rocket science. It's Natural Science! :smoke: :D

• Like 1

To be part of a one time Rush event was tremendous. Not being aware of any spoilers prior to this week, the surprise and hence emotion it brought out of me was predictable. Epic moment and epic show. A historic night for those there, including the band.
  • Like 1

That song live or not is not getting any radio play

And ladies dont want to here a song about aging

Hey, I am about as outspoken about anyone regarding the synths era. I do enjoy alot of the synths songs, mainly because Alex has many kick arse solos in that era.

Its not that the synths era songs are bad, many are good, but what it took away from many of us, essential Rush. Hard prog rocking glory!

But this week is time to celebrate what is unique about Rush.

I ask anyone to name another band to do something like this (as I truly can't think of one)... that would get such an emotional response from their fans. Play a 30year old song never before played, completely outside of their known sound to the general rock fan, largely because it was often requested by their loyal following.

The fact that its melancholic about aging, when they are dealing with their own work related ailments, nearing the end of their full magnitude touring career, what rock band has guts like that?

• Like 4

Hey, I am about as outspoken about anyone regarding the synths era. I do enjoy alot of the synths songs, mainly because Alex has many kick arse solos in that era.

Its not that the synths era songs are bad, many are good, but what it took away from many of us, essential Rush. Hard prog rocking glory!

I ask anyone to name another band to do something like this (as I truly can't think of one)... that would get such an emotional response from their fans. Play a 30year old song never before played, completely outside of their known sound to the general rock fan, largely because it was often requested by their loyal following.

The fact that its melancholic about aging, when they are dealing with their own work related ailments, nearing the end of their full magnitude touring career, what rock band has guts like that?

Unless I didn't hear it right, Geddy said at the beginning of the song: This is for you guys!

I'll tell you what I think. I think Rush didn't have to do Losing It and they didn't have to do the entire Xanadu, but they did both, and they did it for YOU. All of you. I think that was their way, is their way, of thanking you for forty-one years of loyalty and friendship. I was going to say "fan-ship" :D but friendship is a better word.

They could have just thrown together this tour and did the same old stuff. But they didn't. I don't know much about Ben Mink, but it must have taken a bit of arranging to get him to do this. They carefully chose their set-list with what they knew their fans wanted to hear very much in mind.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 7

Two things OMFG they played it!

Second, the thread title has "BIG SPOILER" in the title, so stop wetting your panties.

• Like 1

I think this is an obvious sign that this is the end… :(

Meanwhile people have been asking for Losing It for a hundred f***ing years.

• Like 2

Agreed. And remember, they never played Jacob's Ladder live either. Talk about going the distance

• Like 2

Agreed. And remember, they "never played Jacob's Ladder live" either. Talk about going the distance

:laughing guy:

• Like 2

Unless I didn't hear it right, Geddy said at the beginning of the song: This is for you guys!

I'll tell you what I think. I think Rush didn't have to do Losing It and they didn't have to do the entire Xanadu, but they did both, and they did it for YOU. All of you. I think that was their way, is their way, of thanking you for forty-one years of loyalty and friendship. I was going to say "fan-ship" :D but friendship is a better word.

They could have just thrown together this tour and did the same old stuff. But they didn't. I don't know much about Ben Mink, but it must have taken a bit of arranging to get him to do this. They carefully chose their set-list with what they knew their fans wanted to hear very much in mind.

They've always played what they wanted to play on their tours. This is the first time I can actually remember them playing what we wanted to hear, except maybe way back when all of their songs were awesome. Like before the MP's tour.

• Like 2

They've always played what they wanted to play on their tours. This is the first time I can actually remember them playing what we wanted to hear, except maybe way back when all of their songs were awesome. Like before the MP's tour.

Well, I think it was very nice of them to do it. They didn't have to. I forgot to mention Jacob's Ladder too.

• Like 2

Well, I think it was very nice of them to do it. They didn't have to. I forgot to mention Jacob's Ladder too.

That's true.

I really don't see this as a spoiler thread - I'm conviced this will be a one-time-only performance. Can't imagine them doing it without Ben Mink, and I can't see Ben joining the tour midway through its run. It was what it was - a unique, special moment that I think was very much a tip of the hat to their long-time fans, and a public acknowedgement that while we all might like it otherwise, we will see less of each other as time goes by.

Without exaggeration, probably a third to half the people in the ACC were wiping their cheek at the end of that song. Very powerful moment.

Edited by Symmetre
  • Like 4

I really don't see this as a spoiler thread - I'm conviced this will be a one-time-only performance. Can't imagine them doing it without Ben Mink, and I can't see Ben joining the tour midway through its run. It was what it was - a unique, special moment that I think was very much a tip of the hat to their long-time fans, and a public acknowedgement that while we all might like it otherwise, we will see less of each other as time goes by.

Without exaggeration, probably a third to half the people in the ACC were wiping their cheek at the end of that song. Very powerful moment.

I know I must have watched it for nearly two hours last night. Crying like a little bitch the whole time. I even thanked God or should I say "the GODS' (Hint, Hint, Hint) for that moment of bliss. I've been waiting since 1982 to heart that song live. I had almost given up hope after they skipped it during the Clockwork Angels tour and when I heard that they were rehearsing for this tour, hope returned with a vengeance. Now we have actual live feeds of them playing the song Live and basically 'cause we the fans were asking for it. It was a truly a gift and i do mean "GIFT" from the boys to us fans. This is the reason we're RUSH fans! Because they care about their music, they care about each other, and mostly because they care about US! They are the simply the best overall band in the the world!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 3

Hector is officially a whole person

Yes, last night a big missing part of my life was fulfilled in a cathartic explosion of emotions! Tonight I am whole and contempt beyond compare! This has been an incredible year for me. From Becoming a music teacher, performing an original composition (See Below) with my now Adult daughter, writing the Alama Mater for the School and again performing it with my daughter and students, watching my daughter graduate and earning a nearly full scholarship to the University of her choice, Seeing RUSH perform Jacobs Ladder Live and now witnessing Losing It Live with Ben Mink. Followed by a trip to Europe next week. Yes, Its been an incredible year and I still Have STAR WARS: The FORCE AWAKENS waiting for me there at the end of the year. 2015 Will be long remembered!

"Hold on to you"

MLA Alma Mater

Losing It Live:

Life is Complete!

:D

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

Hector is officially a whole person

Yes, last night a big missing part of my life was fulfilled in a cathartic explosion of emotions! Tonight I am whole and contempt beyond compare! This has been an incredible year for me. From Becoming a music teacher, performing an original composition (See Below) with my now Adult daughter, writing the Alama Mater for the School and again performing it with my daughter and students, watching my daughter graduate and earning a nearly full scholarship to the University of her choice, Seeing RUSH perform Jacobs Ladder Live and now witnessing Losing It Live with Ben Mink. Followed by a trip to Europe next week. Yes, Its been an incredible year and I still Have STAR WARS: The FORCE AWAKENS waiting for me there at the end of the year. 2015 Will be long remembered!

"Hold on to you"

MLA Alma Mater

Losing It Live:

Life is Complete!

:D

That was absolutely beautiful. You are a blessed man. I know you weep with joy because of that moment with her. Priceless.

• Like 1