Toronto, ON Periscope Thread - June 19th

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

lol at someone in the periscope chat during 2112 : "We are the plumbers who fix your sinks" :LOL:

That's a quote from a show in the late seventies, early eightes - Geddy messing around.

Signals Tour :)

Oh my god. They played Losing It! They made a "D" set list!! I can't believe it; what an amazing and historic show to attend. I can't wait to see it again on DVD!

It was very special to witness them play Losing It for the first and possible last time in front of a crowd. I feel very lucky to have attended this show because of that. It would have been great anyways but getting a rare gem like that plus Natural Science in the second set, possibly made this my favorite of the 12 times i've seen them. I enjoyed this show more than the one in Buffalo last week.

Rush playing their hearts out in front of their hometown crowd was just magic from start to finish.

• Like 3

I'll refrain from reading prior comments as the nitpickers will try to destroy what was an absolute historical show. Best concert I've ever been to.

I will say, though, I take back everything I ever said about Losing It. Seeing it performed live last night was an experience I'll never forget. An absolute stellar moment of moments!! I'm so blessed to be able to see it performed Live for the first time. It's funny how seeing/hearing a song performed Live can change your opinion of that song. Consider me a fan of the Losing It club. lol

• Like 6

Losing It was one of the songs that made me a Rush Fan (that, the Exit Stage Left Video, and Digital Man in particular). I was "encouraged" to play the violin when I was very young, instead of the drums (I was begging to play those, but my parents were afraid of what it would be like to have a drum set in the house!). So, violin it was (drums came later...). I really didn't like playing the violin, but hearing it back then on this song changed my opinion completely (and probably helped me become a huge Jean-Luc Ponty fan!). It's really special they played this song in TO, and they really played it well. Awesome job Ben Mink!!! Thanks so much for posting the videos above!!!
  • Like 3

I'll refrain from reading prior comments as the nitpickers will try to destroy what was an absolute historical show. Best concert I've ever been to.

I will say, though, I take back everything I ever said about Losing It. Seeing it performed live last night was an experience I'll never forget. An absolute stellar moment of moments!! I'm so blessed to be able to see it performed Live for the first time. It's funny how seeing/hearing a song performed Live can change your opinion of that song. Consider me a fan of the Losing It club. lol

Lucky you. But you won't find much, if any, negativity in this thread. Last night was stellar.

I always stick around to hear the polka version of Closer to the Heart. I laugh every time.

Polka? Is that what it is? I thought it was German oompah! :laughing guy:

I love it too and always listen to it. It mustn't have been easy for Geddy to do it.

• Like 1

I went to both Toronto shows and had a great time at both but yesterday was truly a once in a lifetime experience. I can't believe I was there for it. These were actually my first two Rush shows ever too.

You are so fortunate! I'm sure you have the envy of many here.

I went to both Toronto shows and had a great time at both but yesterday was truly a once in a lifetime experience. I can't believe I was there for it. These were actually my first two Rush shows ever too.

Mine, for a start!!!!

• Like 1

Mine, for a start!!!!

Me too!

I always stick around to hear the polka version of Closer to the Heart. I laugh every time.

Polka? Is that what it is? I thought it was German oompah! :laughing guy:

I love it too and always listen to it. It mustn't have been easy for Geddy to do it.

Well they're almost the same thing.

Glowing green with envy here ;)

Awesome that your second ever Rush show was one of their best ever (I soooooo wish I was there!).

Well, Pete's periscope was the next best thing...

• Like 1