Any songs you wish weren't rotatable? [SPOILER]

rtrushfan

Ok, so here's the rotations as follows:

1) "Clockwork Angels" (A, C) / "The Wreckers" (B)

2) "One Little Victory" (A. C) / "How It Is" (B)

3) "Distant Early Warning" (A, C) / "Between the Wheels" (B)

4) "Red Barchetta" (A) / "The Camera Eye" (B) / "YYZ & "Natural Science" ©

Only one out of this bunch that I wish wasn't rotatable would be "Distant Early Warning".

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE "Between the Wheels", but I've never heard DEW at any of the RUSH shows I've been too, plus with the visuals, it seems to be more like a good set piece for this tour than BTW.

Adding on top of that, I got BTW as part of the NOLA set when Alex's guitar failed to work for the first minute of it, and it kinda ruined the rest of the performance of that song for me.

So anyway, that's my two cents on that rotation.

The others are fine with me.

Both "Clockwork Angels" and "The Wreckers" got performed every night on the Clockwork Angels tour, plus Time Machine tour had all of "Moving Pictures", so I'm fine with the rotations of those albums' songs.

It would be neat to have "Natural Science" in all three set lists, but I don't know if it could fit in the allotted time for A & B with the lengthier "Moving Pictures" songs present.

Discuss! :)

• Like 1

One other thing.

If they did a similar "Snakes & Arrows" rotation with "Far Cry" in sets A & C and one of the following in B ("Armor & Sword", "The Larger Bowl", "Spindrift", or "The Way The Wind Blows") that would make me very happy too!

(PS I'd definitely leave "Animate" and "Roll the Bones" in with no rotations for those two.) :)

I wish YYZ wasn't rotatable. It's a special song for me. It's really the first song that got me into Rush. Luckily, I do appear to be getting Set C in Newark, so that means I'll get it! And Natural Science!
  • Like 3

Clockwork Angels shouldn't rotate. I think it's the perfect opener for this tour. If DEW is to rotate, it should be with a lesser-played P/G track, like Afterimage.
  • Like 2

Natural Science.

Seems to be one of those songs that not only hasn't been heard in concert in quite a while, but the longtime fans have been asking for. Sucks if you are one of those people and are missing it.

• Like 3

Natural Science.

Seems to be one of those songs that not only hasn't been heard in concert in quite a while, but the longtime fans have been asking for. Sucks if you are one of those people and are missing it.

I was glad I hit the "C" rotation when I saw them...that's always been one of my favorites, and I was SO glad that I got to hear it!

• Like 1

I'm hoping rotation stays the same cause if so, I'll get Natural Science in Portland. Also means that I'll get the A set at San Jose, so I'll miss Between The Wheels. Kinda sad about that.

I prefer Distant Early Warning over Between the Wheels. The fact that DEW is my girlfriend's favourite Rush song probably has something to do with that as well, lol.

I would say the "Red Barchetta" (A) / "The Camera Eye" (B) / "YYZ & "Natural Science rotation is a bit tough. With alot of deliberation I can say maybe Red Barchetta I can do without, only because when they perform it nowadays, it seems like a huge struggle, especially on Ged's vocals.

Selfishly speaking i've seen YYZ enough times to be content without seeing it, but I'm always glad to hear Natural Science because its probably in my top 5 favourite Rush songs. So taking both as a combo, I'm happy with that, and preferred it marginally over Camera Eye / Red Barchetta.

Not to gloat but - I was lucky enough, crazy enough and frivolous enough...to see rush in Buffalo and both Toronto shows. And I'm beyond gratified and elated to say that as a result, I have seen ALL of the song rotations this tour! (SO FAR??). Phenominal experience!!

Here's hoping maybe later into the tour, they'll continue to suprise fans with more rarities! Perhaps the final stop in LA?

Edited by maxdistortion

Well, let's see...I was originally slated to get the A setlist, which would be my preference due to DEW and Red Barchetta. But I read that they re-set everything, and it now looks like I get the C setlist (did I read that right?). So I lose Red Barchetta for YYZ, which I can take or leave. Then again, the C setlist gets Natural Science, which is massively awesome. The B setlist loses both DEW and Red Barchetta, and no Natural Science. I would rather see Red Barchetta than Camera Eye, and DEW over Between the Wheels. So I guess my answer is I wish DEW, Red Barchetta, and Natural Science did not rotate out. Edited by Unattractive Truth
  • Like 1

Between the Wheels seems a little out of place since it's a "deep track" that has been played other tours. DEW just by itself or with Kid Gloves/the enemy within for rotation would be pretty amazing.
  • Like 2

Clockwork Angels, One Little Victory and Distant Early Warning! I think all three of those keep the first 1/2 of the show pretty strong. Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

The Wreckers, One Little Victory, Between The Wheels, The Camera Eye, Natural Science

I say the main set should be:

The Anarchist

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight

Far Cry

One Little Victory

Animate

Roll The Bones

Between The Wheels

Subdivisions (Occasional addition of Losing It)

------

Tom Sawyer

The Camera Eye

The Spirit Of Radio

Natural Science

Jacob's Ladder

rest as normal, although 2112 should be abbreviated to just Finale IMO. That bit is really tiring. I love it as a whole, but I highly dislike the various dissected live versions. Would prefer them not to do it all actually, although the Grand Finale bit makes a stellar show/set closer.

I could do without Natural Science, but would love DEW, RB and TCE in the same set. I'm seeing the final show in LA, so if I assume that the first show of the third leg starts with Set A, I get to see DEW (hooray!), but have to see YYZ, TSOR and NS (not ideal, but it's Rush so - everything in perspective...:))

I wish YYZ wasn't rotatable. It's a special song for me. It's really the first song that got me into Rush. Luckily, I do appear to be getting Set C in Newark, so that means I'll get it! And Natural Science!

Never mind. Looks like A now. Not that I mind…