New Iron Maiden album - Book of Souls

The title track sounds just like The Pilgrim + The Alchemist...both of which were also made by Jannick.

Jannick doesn't do anything. They give him a few songwriting credits so he thinks he somehow contributes and makes a difference in the band. I don't think they even turn his guitar on for most of the songs live.

Talk about winning the lottery, eh?

My son already bought the CD. The packaging alone makes this a must buy. Oh my but the bits I've heard so far are terrific. After listening to Speed of Light I was slightly concerned. It was ok but I was worried about a possibly pedestrian effort and I was totally Frickin wrong. I'll respond more after I finish listening.

Death or Glory had a very familiar ring to it and it was driving me crazy trying to figure out what it was

Montségur?

That's a song I heard thrown out there, but I don't see a strong connection between the two. I think it was more the chorus that felt so familiar

I wonder how people figure out the use of morse code in tempos like that. The YYZ thing I think was announced by Rush, but all the others I've heard about were not. Dream Theater has a song where "eat my a$$ and balls" is played on morse code...

Another great thing about this album is I wont have to listen to that annoying Ghost album anymore....

������

That sarcasm or you seriously don't like Ghost yourself?

Just a joke, the smiley face didn't seem to work in my post...

• Like 1

I wonder how people figure out the use of morse code in tempos like that. The YYZ thing I think was announced by Rush, but all the others I've heard about were not. Dream Theater has a song where "eat my a$$ and balls" is played on morse code...

There is morse code in YYZ? I need to listen to it again. Maybe in a week or two when I'm done with this album.

There is morse code in YYZ? I need to listen to it again. Maybe in a week or two when I'm done with this album.

:LOL:

I've listened to the first 3 songs for the first time just now, this sounds like some of Maiden's best material!!

A lot better than Final Frontier that's for sure.

• Like 1

Opener gave a few chills, still yet to hear the title track and closer. Makes me want to chase down Bruce's solo works now! :D-13:

Oh man, I CANNOT recommend it more. Seriously. The Chemical Wedding and Accident Of Birth are the BEST Iron Maiden albums that never were, so you must start there. These two albums obliterate what they were doing, both at the end of their time with Dickinson and also Bayley (duh). I also really like A Tyranny Of Souls -- although behind the two above -- which was Bruce's last...recorded around Dance Of Death.

Adrian played with Bruce on the first two I mention, along with American guitarist Roy Z.

Amazing. Buy these blind...today. :)

Edited by Presto-digitation
  • Like 1

Opener gave a few chills, still yet to hear the title track and closer. Makes me want to chase down Bruce's solo works now! :D-13:

Oh man, I CANNOT recommend it more. Seriously. The Chemical Wedding and Accident Of Birth are the BEST Iron Maiden albums that never were, so you must start there. These two albums obliterate what they were doing, both at the end of their time with Dickinson and also Bayley (duh). I also really like A Tyranny Of Souls -- although behind the two above -- which was Bruce's last...recorded around Dance Of Death.

Adrian played with Bruce on the first two I mention, along with American guitarist Roy Z.

Amazing. Buy these blind...today. :)

Tears of the Dragon and Killing Floor should have been Maiden songs.

• Like 1