New Clockwork Lives Neil Peart Autograph Book on Backstage

robertrobyn

Everyone must be very excited for the sequel to the most mediocre teen novel of all time, written by a mediocre Star Wars/Dune author and a drummer!
  • Like 4

Everyone must be very excited for the sequel to the most mediocre teen novel of all time, written by a mediocre Star Wars/Dune author and a drummer!

It always amazes me when someone has read it and says they loved it. I have to think that they either never read anything more complicated than a comic book or are 12 years old. Maybe both.

• Like 3

"Some lives can be summed up in a sentence or two. Other lives are epics"

Already there the book is losing me.

:LMAO: Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch

just what I wanted, a sequel to one of the worst books i've ever read!

That's what's nice about this book it is not written by KJA it is written by a lot of authors.

I met KJA at RushCon14 and he was a great guy. I met him in the elevator at the hotel after they said he had a big announcement to make. The announcement was about Clockwork Lives. I offered him $1000.00 to spill the beans and he wouldn't bite. His other books are pretty good.

Edited by robertrobyn
  • Like 1

It always amazes me when someone has read it and says they loved it. I have to think that they either never read anything more complicated than a comic book or are 12 years old. Maybe both.

I am a voracious reader, anything and everything, from teen novels to classics.

while not the best book ever, and most certainly written for a young audience, and some of the rush references I found a little tedious and stretched--I enjoyed the book.

It filled 5 hours on the commute to and from work--and I have certainly read worse. FYI, some of my favorite stories have been graffic novels/comics and written for 12 year olds.

I am a voracious reader, anything and everything, from teen novels to classics.

while not the best book ever, and most certainly written for a young audience, and some of the rush references I found a little tedious and stretched--I enjoyed the book.

It filled 5 hours on the commute to and from work--and I have certainly read worse. FYI, some of my favorite stories have been graffic novels/comics and written for 12 year olds.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. i just believe that if it hadn't had Neil's name associated with it, no one would give it a second look.

• Like 4

Just curious--was the only news about this that someone saw it on the store website, or was there any sort of anything about it elsewhere? I know the mailing list usually goes out just before these things are put online, but I saw nothing about this until I was browsing on ebay and saw two people already marking these up to $175 and $199. Went to the online store and sure enough, there it is, and not even sold out yet for less than half what these bozos are asking for it..

Just curious--was the only news about this that someone saw it on the store website, or was there any sort of anything about it elsewhere? I know the mailing list usually goes out just before these things are put online, but I saw nothing about this until I was browsing on ebay and saw two people already marking these up to $175 and $199. Went to the online store and sure enough, there it is, and not even sold out yet for less than half what these bozos are asking for it..

That's what people do on ebay. Buy everything on the website and try to sell it for double and triple the price. It must work enough for people to keep doing it I guess.

Oh I totally get that. What I was wondering was whether there was any advance info about this being put out in a signed edition on the rush webstore (or the publisher site), since I didn't see any email about it from the rush mailing list. I'm guessing they are now just springing these things on the consumers who actually visit the store rather than publicizing it, so less of these eBay guys corner the market and more actual rush fans grab them, but I could just be out of the loop somehow. Fwiw, they still aren't sold out yet. Edited by HalfwayToGone

Hopefully it's better written than the first one, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

It was a embarrassing scholastic book club 7th grade level reading assignment.... But the illustrations in the book, wonderful!
  • Like 1

if I'm correct only one short story it was written by Kevin Anderson the rest is written by other authors so it should be pretty interesting