Neil a phony??

nicky6

So are you saying Neil is as confused as the head of this organization?

And I thought I was being critical of Neil...you've got me beat there...

I was just adding to the thread. No need to get snarky

And what exactly did it add to the thread?

It pissed you off even more..mission accomplished!

He's not a phony. He's a guy who has an opinion. Same as anyone else.

Argue the opinion if you don't like it. But don't argue the man.

The man's opinion is based in ignorance of who Rand Paul is and what he believes and should be called out as such.

He's not a phony. He's a guy who has an opinion. Same as anyone else.

Argue the opinion if you don't like it. But don't argue the man.

The man's opinion is based in ignorance of who Rand Paul is and what he believes and should be called out as such.

Alrighty. That's cool. Then prove it.

Just saying, it's more productive to, say, create a list of reasons why Rand Paul doesn't hate brown people and women, or provide rationale for it...

Than it is to just call someone a name because they have that opinion.

I'm not saying Neil's right. I'm saying refute his claim rather than attack him.

Mr Drum God provided no evidence for his claims. Because he's got nothing.

Rand Paul has been the most outspoken candidate on issues important to the black community such as overzealous policing and restoration of voting rights to felons who have served their time, and has stressed outreach to minority views and has criticized his party for their lack of appeal to minorities...He's also the most anti-war candidate with a chance to win in either major party...you'd think Peart would be predisposed to like that. Apparently he hasn't done the first bit of research about it.

Which in reality means absolutely nothing, except that Rand Paul is trying to garner votes from a wide variety of demographics. Rand Paul is a politician, and as such, none of us really knows what he truly believes in. The only thing we know for certain, is that his largest donors will benefit financially (at our expense) if he is elected.

An easy thing to say, which has the benefit of not having to do any thinking to come up with.

It's not that we're lazy. It's more like we have a mental firewall with a 'don't give a F' filter. That filter traps all information about fringe politicians who have no chance of getting elected president. It allows more relevent information to pass freely.

A very understandable sentiment, but that wasn't really my point. My point was that while we argue and bicker about what he said or what she said, or rail for or against any particular candidate, we lose sight of, and contribute to, the fact that our political system is completely failing us. I wish that instead of succumbing to the powers that be, and resigning to choose the "lesser of the evils", the vast majority would at least try to unite ourselves in opposition to the secretive exchange of dollars and favors that predominates virtually all of our elected offices today… wake up and realize that there is no lesser of evils - it is all the same evil. I believe rooting out that evil should be our #1 priority at all times. We can argue about the most effective way to swat flies all day, but as long as the pile of dung that attracts them is still there, what is the point?

I also wish that folks would learn to exchange opinions without feeling the need to elevate themselves and their own beliefs by belittling others. This petty name-calling and political labeling that dominates virtually every political discussion these days is clearly dragging our society in a backwards direction. We are all human, and none of us is always right, no matter how adamantly and forcefully we state our opinions. It especially saddens me to see Rush fans behave this way. I'm struggling right now to persuade myself to keep coming here..

• Like 2

It pissed you off even more..mission accomplished!

You give yourself far too much credit. Maybe I'd have gotten pissed off if you had an actual point. I think I'm fairly safe there.

When anyone begins a sentence with"For a person of my sensibility .." my eyes roll ..

What makes this kinda sad is that Neil tries so hard to come across as evolved and intelligent - "try" being the correct word

For a person of my sensibility, I totally agree with you!
  • Like 1