StubHub...feedback please!

Hey All,

Just looking for some advice / opinions on StubHub.

So...for the first time ever, I'm on the eve of the (two) Rush shows that I intend to attend, and don't have tickets. (Well...I have two upper bowl for tomorrow...but looking for floors, and none for Friday).

My question is...has anyone used the 'Instant Download' option when purchasing tickets from StubHub, and how legit are the tickets? Could you see any problems arising from it? Has anyone ever ran into issues?

(I did use S.H. to sell some tickets back on the CA Tour (via UPS option), but I have never used it to purchase any tickets as of yet.)

Just looking for advice / opinions...as I've been eyeing the tickets and prices for awhile now.

Thanks...

Edited by EmotionDetector

I just did the instant download last week. I got my tickets for Buffalo at noon the day of the show. I actually was nervous going through the gate, but there were not problems. I just knew that the tickets wouldn't scan and they would come and take me away and I would miss the show...

I've been using stubhub for years, don't even bother with ticket master anymore. I've done everything from physical ticket to instant download and it's all been great. What made me nervous once was that someone else's name was on the ticket.. But stubhub themselves not to worry about it, and I got in the gate just fine.

Go for it, stubhub all the way!

Stubhub is the way to go. If your toner is low and the printout is not clear or streaky then there's a chance the ticket won't scan at the door.

It happened to me once but they let me in anyway because it was raining and not sold out.

Even in the event your tickets won't scan and you are denied entrance, you will surely get your $ back from stubhub. Can't say that about street scalpers! lol. All kidding aside, you will be fine. enjoy!

I've never had a problem with Stubhub for concerts or sporting events, have always been able to immediately print the tickets with instant download and just in case I always print out the email confirmation and bring it with me with Stubhub's phone # written down as well.

Stubhub is the way to go. If your toner is low and the printout is not clear or streaky then there's a chance the ticket won't scan at the door.

It happened to me once but they let me in anyway because it was raining and not sold out.

Even in the event your tickets won't scan and you are denied entrance, you will surely get your $ back from stubhub. Can't say that about street scalpers! lol. All kidding aside, you will be fine. enjoy!

If the barcode won't scan, I'd request that that they try to manually enter the number under the barcode...it should work. Also, I always print 2 or 3 copies just in case.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet

Hey All,

Just looking for some advice / opinions on StubHub.

So...for the first time ever, I'm on the eve of the (two) Rush shows that I intend to attend, and don't have tickets. (Well...I have two upper bowl for tomorrow...but looking for floors, and none for Friday).

My question is...has anyone used the 'Instant Download' option when purchasing tickets from StubHub, and how legit are the tickets? Could you see any problems arising from it? Has anyone ever ran into issues?

(I did use S.H. to sell some tickets back on the CA Tour (via UPS option), but I have never used it to purchase any tickets as of yet.)

Just looking for advice / opinions...as I've been eyeing the tickets and prices for awhile now.

Thanks...

USE CODE JUNE10 AT CHECKOUT FOR 10% OFF!!!!!!!!

Awesome! Thanks for all the response guys!

As of this moment...I still haven't purchased anything. I'm keeping a close eye on everything still available for tonight's show.

It's just a bit irritating to think that I paid less than the prices being asked for FRONT ROW in the same venue back on the CA Tour. But I guess that's just how it is...

I'll add this, because I buy and sell off StubHub all the time. StubHub charges pretty hefty fees to both the buyer and seller (if they sell). Part of the reason is that they guarantee the tickets. So, you should feel 100% safe about buying from them.

More on that:

When you list, you have to have an account and have a credit card even to list tickets. If you list bogus tickets, they will charge your card for what costs they have to spend to make it right. If you buy tickets, and they turn out to be bogus (very, very hard; more on that later), then don't panic and think, "aw, I got screwed." Immediately call them. Their customer service is excellent. They will find you replacement tickets as equal to what you bought as possible. It there's nothing equal, they'll find you something and credit your loss.

One of the reasons it's hard to list bogus tickets, is that the for "instant download" ones, the seller has to enter the unique barcode on each ticket. StubHub is a legit reselling partner with many venues, and the barcode is easily verifiable.

Your only challenge with instant downloads, is if you're at a venue that can't scan from your phone. I think they can scan your phone at the VZW Amphitheatre in Atlanta, but was told they couldn't. I bought four tickets for the Rush show off StubHub 20 minutes before show time, pulled into a FedEx office near the venue, printed them and had no problems.

I have sold many baseballs tickets and several concert tickets on StubHub.

Buy with 100% confidence from StubHub. I can't speak for other resellers, as I have not used anyone else.

• Like 1

I'll add this, because I buy and sell off StubHub all the time. StubHub charges pretty hefty fees to both the buyer and seller (if they sell). Part of the reason is that they guarantee the tickets. So, you should feel 100% safe about buying from them.

More on that:

When you list, you have to have an account and have a credit card even to list tickets. If you list bogus tickets, they will charge your card for what costs they have to spend to make it right. If you buy tickets, and they turn out to be bogus (very, very hard; more on that later), then don't panic and think, "aw, I got screwed." Immediately call them. Their customer service is excellent. They will find you replacement tickets as equal to what you bought as possible. It there's nothing equal, they'll find you something and credit your loss.

One of the reasons it's hard to list bogus tickets, is that the for "instant download" ones, the seller has to enter the unique barcode on each ticket. StubHub is a legit reselling partner with many venues, and the barcode is easily verifiable.

Your only challenge with instant downloads, is if you're at a venue that can't scan from your phone. I think they can scan your phone at the VZW Amphitheatre in Atlanta, but was told they couldn't. I bought four tickets for the Rush show off StubHub 20 minutes before show time, pulled into a FedEx office near the venue, printed them and had no problems.

I have sold many baseballs tickets and several concert tickets on StubHub.

Buy with 100% confidence from StubHub. I can't speak for other resellers, as I have not used anyone else.

That's awesome. I really appreciate the detailed feedback.

I didn't end up buying yesterday...though I was close. I just kept the 2 upper bowl tickets that I had originally bought from TM when they went on sale months ago. I do regret not going for the floors from SH yesterday...because let's face it, it's better down there...plus the filming going on.

Alas...I am considering trying tomorrow if I find something "affordable" for me. Will be tough...but I'm happy to hear that I should be confident about it!

Cheers! :cool:

The only online seller I ever had problems with was a site called iconcerttickets.com and they turned out to be total scammers. I had always good experiences with stubhub. I once used ticketliquidators.com and had to go through a lot of anxiety at will call, because they accidentally shipped my tix to the wrong buyer, but after a few calls back and forth, they came through. I forget which site I bought my Allentown seats for on time machine--great and cheap seats.