FIREFOX, Spell Check, TRF

JohnRogers

So I'm using Firefox version 38.0.5 I'm all up to date. Why does spell check work sometime at TRF but other times doesn't

Because it's Firefox. :LOL:

I know that doesn't answer your question, but more people have trouble with Firefox than almost any other browser except IE.

So I'm using Firefox version 38.0.5 I'm all up to date. Why does spell check work sometime at TRF but other times doesn't

I know that doesn't answer your question, but more people have trouble with Firefox than almost any other browser except IE.

For me, the spellcheck on Firefox is not a problem with this board or any board I visit. It works great. I don't hear a lot of Firefox problems in general, though I do hear about less problems with Chrome. But with Chrome you pay a price -- Google invented Chrome so they can have yet another tool to spy on you with. So f**k them. :)

For me, the spellcheck on Firefox is not a problem with this board or any board I visit. It works great. I don't hear a lot of Firefox problems in general, though I do hear about less problems with Chrome. But with Chrome you pay a price -- Google invented Chrome so they can have yet another tool to spy on you with. So f**k them. :)

I personally have had more problems with Firefox than with Chrome. It always crashed a lot and messed with the files on my computer.

Yeah.

All the problems our members have are either with IE or Chrome.

FF and Safari never have issues, unless it's the keyboard, human interface

Yeah.

Members of what?

Yeah.

Members of what?

"All the problems our members have..." can only mean members of TRF, no?

Yeah.

Members of what?

My bad. When we set up my site there were tons of issues with chrome and IE users and we still get some to this day. I'm still not sure if it's operator error sometimes. But, I do share your sentiment on google being satan :)

Yeah.

Members of what?

Not necessarily. he wasn't specific enough in the comment and no way to tell how he knows that.

Yeah.

Members of what?

Not necessarily. he wasn't specific enough in the comment and no way to tell how he knows that.

I accidentally deleted a few words when I went back to correct something. Posting from my phone without reading glasses has become quite the challenge. I need to proofread before I post :)
  • Like 1

I have to say, my Surface hates TRF now and I don't understand why. IE? My keyboard just flips out and the attached keyboard takes forever to type anything. I don't understand it at all. This is fairly recent.

I have to say, my Surface hates TRF now and I don't understand why. IE? My keyboard just flips out and the attached keyboard takes forever to type anything. I don't understand it at all. This is fairly recent.

That may be an adobe problem. I took adobe off my asus tab and bought a flash browser and viola, things suddenly work again.

It's IE. This board software does not work well with IE. Any other browser will work better.

I discovered that I can view pictures here via IE that Opera won't let me see. :)

You might want to download Chrome. It loads a lot faster than IE and might work better with your dialup.

• Like 1

Exactly why I don't use Chrome. It has a lot of great features and things only it does, but it's not worth the data gathering under the hood.

• Like 1

Exactly why I don't use Chrome. It has a lot of great features and things only it does, but it's not worth the data gathering under the hood.

You don't think IE and Firefox do that as well?

I have had issues with spellcheck on my iPad so I think it's the forum software and not a given browser. Technically that's Safari but I only use FF on computers unless something requires Chrome (certain meetings) or Safari (one audio engineer test). As far as I know Firefox is the most secure.

You don't think IE and Firefox do that as well?

Google primarily makes money from data gathering and distribution so no. IE is traditionally unsecure and I no longer use Windows in general.