Cutting it a little close

andreww

So the hometown shows are Wednesday and Friday and I still have no tickets. Budget dictates something in the 300 level and I'm hoping to find something for Friday, so if any nice Rush fans wanna help out a fellow member who wants to take his son to his first concert, let me know what you've got. Investigating a couple of Kijiji ads right now.

Yep I've been on the ticket exchange. I've messaged one person there, just waiting for a response. I just feel more comfortable meeting in person and buying hard tickets, and everybody seems to be well out of the city. Just don't want to get burned.

I hear ya. You're obsessively checking Ticketmaster right? (Is that what you have there too?)

Ya but ticketmaster has been completely sold out for weeks. On the bright side, I work right at the arena so when they do the set up on Wednesday the should be releasing a bunch of side stage seat which I really like, and I can snag a pair pretty quick. Tickets at the box office are a lot cheaper as well.
  • Like 1

Andrew, since you work there, are you able to sit in on their sound check? I knew someone in the eighties who worked at what was then known as Brendan Byrne Arena and he used to be able to do that. Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

First rush show I saw was at Brendan Byrne. They closed it down in the past year. I think the last event there was Ringling Bros. circus or something like that. Great memories of that place even though it had shitty acoustics.
  • Like 1

Yeah, the good old days of Brendan Byrne. So much easier to get to for me than The Rock.
  • Like 1

Ya but ticketmaster has been completely sold out for weeks. On the bright side, I work right at the arena so when they do the set up on Wednesday the should be releasing a bunch of side stage seat which I really like, and I can snag a pair pretty quick. Tickets at the box office are a lot cheaper as well.

The day before the Columbus show, TM opened up about 50 tickets. Some in very close sections for 89 bucks.

Andrew, since you work there, are you able to sit in on their sound check? I knew someone in the eighties who worked at what was then known as Brendan Byrne Arena and he used to be able to do that.

Unfortunately not Lorraine, the financial company I work for has no affiliation with the ACC.

• Like 1

The day before the Columbus show, TM opened up about 50 tickets. Some in very close sections for 89 bucks.

Thats what I'm hoping for now. I figure by noon tomorrow the side stage tickets should become available.

• Like 1

Stub hub? I doubt you'll find anything less than 100 by now :/

Unfortunately I don't partake in anything I deem to be scalping. I've got no problem paying face value for a ticket but not a dime more. Its amazing to see these parasites trying to pedal $65 300 level seats for $300.

The thing with stubhub is that they charge a fee for the guy trying to sell the ticket. Everytime I've sold a ticket on there, I would charge face value plus the extra fee. It seems like they are scalping, but if it's an extra $10 or $20 bucks, they are just covering their own butt.