Hell Has Frozen Over

southpaw2k5

I guess it was a slow week where no limited talent self-absorbed rock star killed themself. Oh wait Amy Winehouse is on the cover too. Stand corrected.

Amy's last days....I want to know all about them! I absolutely NEED TO KNOW every sordid little detail of her last days, everything she did, everything she said......

Wait a minute.....I don't even know who Amy is. Nevermind..... :eh:

Congrats to Amy Winehouse. She celebrates 4 years sober next month! :haz:

OMG that made me laugh. I'll see you (and Amy) in Hell.

• Like 1

Just like when they were inducted into the rrhof, I'm happy.

Regardless of what people's opinions are about the hall or Rolling Stone, our band is getting recognition which is much deserved.

I'd even be happy to see them on the cover of People.

• Like 5

I'd even be happy to see them on the cover of People.

lets not get carried away. :LOL: Edited by ILSnwdog
  • Like 4

F-ck Rolling Stone.

Double finger from me.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/fuckyou.jpg

• Like 2

F-ck Rolling Stone.

Double finger from me.

I never needed their approval, praise, or recognition of our band. Now the great exalted poobahs recognize what we all have known for decades. Well bully for them. Guess after they fabricated a story about date rape they needed to move on to something feel-good, like recognize one of rocks best bands as they call it a wrap. Well zippety doo dah. F-ck Rolling Stone.

• Like 7

I have a feeling this is a bit of a running joke in the Rush camp. I think Geddys eyebrow says it all.
  • Like 7

I never needed their approval, praise, or recognition of our band.

The Band never needed it either.

• Like 2

Neil will be on the August cover of Tiger Beat according to sources
  • Like 7

I still can't understand why they were and are thought of that way.

Because rock and roll is usually about sex, drugs and rock and roll, 3 things the band eschewed to focus on science fiction, philosophical musings, and moderately intelligent social observations.

Exactly why I love their music! :rush:

• Like 3

This little tid bit article just makes me :facepalm:

http://www.rollingst...-cover-20150615

Yes, folks, that is *Rolling Stone* publishing a short article celebrating the fact that Rush finally made the cover of *Rolling Stone*, yet completely ignoring the fact that *Rolling Stone* is the reason Rush were never on the cover of *Rolling Stone* until now.

As for some of the other laments in this thread:

* Yeah they said "Geek Gods". It's accurate. The bulk of Rush fans are/were geeky. Even the "cool" Rush fans tend to be geeky about music. Don't take offense. Embrace it. The geeks inherited the earth. How many Starman logos do you think are laying around the offices at Google, Pixar, Facebook, etc?!

* Yeah, on the surface, this feels a little bit like Rush kissing the Rolling Stone ring. But, really, if there is anything we know about these guys, it is that the humor of the situation is not lost on them. I can't help but think Ged's eyebrow is sending a very clear message.

* Yeah, they could have told Rolling Stone to go to hell, which would have been very Rock'n'Roll, right? But aren't these guys a bit above that fray? Good for them for still taking the road less traveled after all these years.

All that said.... I still ain't buying the magazine. Not out of protest, out of the fact that I think Rolling Stone hasn't been truly relevant for decades.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime
  • Like 1

this quote from Neil gave me a chuckle.

But he still prefers the "because it happens" explanation to the one where fate's horrors are all part of some divine plan. "Do yourself a favor," he says. "Don't ever say to me, 'Everything happens for a reason.' 'Cause you'll be dead."

• Like 2

F-ck Rolling Stone.

Double finger from me.

I never needed their approval, praise, or recognition of our band. Now the great exalted poobahs recognize what we all have known for decades. Well bully for them. Guess after they fabricated a story about date rape they needed to move on to something feel-good, like recognize one of rocks best bands as they call it a wrap. Well zippety doo dah. F-ck Rolling Stone.

You know, you bring up a valid point.... given the recent high quality vetting of Rolling Stone articles, can we really be sure this interview is actually with the members of the band? Can we confirm they haven't really sat down at the local QuikTrip with the local Tulsa area Rush cover band?

• Like 1