Will Rush Add More Shows

Shemp

Since there is such an overwhelming demand for tickets at almost every show so far and most are selling out easily, do you think Rush will add more dates for cities like Cleveland and Pittsburgh. What others cities should be added? Sorry in advance, if this was asked before. Edited by Shemp

No. Anything is possible but it's highly improbable. We can always hold out hope.

I was feeling like that before also but I'm starting to feel that they will include a few important cities like the ones I mentioned.

Edited by Shemp

Very likely... for Rush Limbaugh.

I hope they eventually do something in Europe at least once. Their days of bouncing around Europe for 12 shows appear over.Perhaps a handful of shows in London. Then they can come to NY and bang out some profit here.

Goatnut will gladly welcome them back

Is that a real place?

According to google, it exists solely on TRF.

• Like 1

Not in 2015, that's for sure. IF they do any overseas shows next year, I could see them coming back to play Cleveland and maybe a couple other North American cities they missed this tour. But even that seems like a big IF at this point.

A friend of mine heard rumblings of a small handful of September European dates followed by a show at Radio City in NYC.

If they were playing Europe and Radio City in September, i'm pretty sure the shows would have been announced by now. Financially, they wouldn't make any money taking their show over to Europe for only a handful of dates. Seems very unlikely to me.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

A friend of mine heard rumblings of a small handful of September European dates followed by a show at Radio City in NYC.

If they were playing Europe and Radio City in September, i'm pretty sure the shows would have been announced by now. Financially, they wouldn't make any money taking their show over to Europe for only a handful of dates. Seems very unlikely to me.

Makes sense...I'd welcome a Radio City show though!

• Like 1

It would have to be late next summer at the earliest, with a scaled back production. They could do a mini run in London and Germany to keep travel costs down, then bang out 4 big shows in NY and LA to nail down some profit.

It would have to be late next summer at the earliest, with a scaled back production. They could do a mini run in London and Germany to keep travel costs down, then bang out 4 big shows in NY and LA to nail down some profit.

Why not just add a few cities that were important to their early success at the end of this tour like Cleveland and Pittsburgh

At first I wasn't too optimistic but after seeing them in Chicago, they really have it dialed in now. I could see them extending another month or two IF 1) they are still up to it and 2) the shows are very beneficial financially.

Why not just add a few cities that were important to their early success at the end of this tour like Cleveland and Pittsburgh

If scaled back, would need multi dates per venue to keep travel costs down and easier on the band. Say two shows in Cleveland. Need 2 or 3 dates in NY and LA each to bang out some profit. The larger the show count, the unlikelier the dream.

Lifeson did cite Gilmour's most recent 18 show mini tour as example. Gilmour did play many venues smaller than arenas if I recall correctly, so there's a way to do it financially. If they are healthy, there is some hope.

Of my 16 or so Rush shows I've seen (every tour since Signals)....14 of them were in Pittsburgh....can't see them leaving Pgh and Clev out entirely......but who knows?....since moving to GA my last 2 have been in ATL....

Of my 16 or so Rush shows I've seen (every tour since Signals)....14 of them were in Pittsburgh....can't see them leaving Pgh and Clev out entirely......but who knows?....since moving to GA my last 2 have been in ATL....

I wish they'd add a date in Pittsburgh so I could see them again and not have so far to drive.

My vote is yes! Maybe driven by hope, but I could imagine them extending this tour in the fall to Europe, then coming back to the states and hitting off the beaten path markets like they did with CA (Grand Rapids Mich, for example).

Wishful thinking maybe, but the machine is up and running, and running quite well I might add... Why not?

• Like 1