Buffalo, NY Periscope Thread - June 10th

GabesCavesOfIce

Pretty good show from what I was able to hear, B+ I'd say. Al was off at the end of TCE solo and Geddy struggled some, but they got better as they neared the end.
  • Like 1

All of them were on fire tonight. At the Columbus show Alex seemed a little reserved the first set and perked up during the second. Tonight he was moving around a lot and rocking out. Amazing the difference between the two shows.

By the way, I wouldn't have been able to periscope the show anyway. The Wi-Fi at the arena was slow as molasses. I couldn't even get online.

I thought he was a little reserved in the first set last night, too. He just looked old to me, with his bowl hair cut, maybe. I thought when he came out with the t shirt and flannel and his hair messed up he looked a lot more youthful and acted that way, too. Regardless, they were amazing. I did notice a lot of playing around, which was nice. Based on some previous reports, it sounded like they were the walking dead up there. I thought they had a lot of energy and played well. Maybe it was energy from the awesome crowd??
  • Like 3

By the way, I wouldn't have been able to periscope the show anyway. The Wi-Fi at the arena was slow as molasses. I couldn't even get online.

So great that you got to see Columbus AND Buffalo! I'm jealous!

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

My buddy called me last night just to tell me about the Buffalo show. He's one of my oldest friends, guitarist in my highschool band, best man at my wedding, etc. - he went to the Buffalo show with a friend (drove 5 hours...) and was blown away. I was touched that he called, we haven't had a lot of time to talk, both with busy lives, kids, etc. but he just had to share his excitement (it was like we were 17 again!) He had always been super critical of Rush - but he said he absolutely loved the show. The whole setlist - including the newer stuff. He just thought it was stellar. His nit-picky inner guitarist had no qualms at all with Alex last night (I didn't hear the show - he just mentioned one clam in TSoR with a suspended note not hitting right.) He said Geddy sounded fantastic and really went for it vocally. It was cool to hear from him and share that moment. Edited by cygnify
  • Like 2

My buddy called me last night just to tell me about the Buffalo show. He's one of my oldest friends, guitarist in my highschool band, best man at my wedding, etc. - he went to the Buffalo show with a friend (drove 5 hours...) and was blown away. I was touched that he called, we haven't had a lot of time to talk, both with busy lives, kids, etc. but he just had to share his excitement (it was like we were 17 again!) He had always been super critical of Rush - but he said he absolutely loved the show. The whole setlist - including the newer stuff. He just thought it was stellar. His nit-picky inner guitarist had no qualms at all with Alex last night (I didn't hear the show - he just mentioned one clam in TSoR with a suspended note not hitting right.) He said Geddy sounded fantastic and really went for it vocally. It was cool to hear from him and share that moment.

I haven't seen Alex move around that much since the Vapor Trails tour. It was great. Geddy was really playing off of the audience. He sounded great last night, especially in the second set. Only song I heard anything that sounded like struggling to sing was Between The Wheels, and that wasn't that bad.

• Like 2