Pets and TV

Lost In Xanadu

I've always been told that dogs/cats cannot see tv. That may have been true of old 60hz Std Def TVs... but that doesn't seem true anymore.

We just upgraded to a 240hz 4k TV and we notice the cat watches TV all the time. Today, there was a "flying at you" graphic. The cat turned to run, then stopped anD stared at the TV. I thought it was funny, so I rewound and played it again and she did it 2 more times before leaving the room. :LOL:

• Like 7

My dog is always barking at the TV when he see a animal on it. Like a cat or a another dog. It is really funny. Because he never do it when we met other animals outside. :P

And the crazy thing is. He can sleep really hard with his back towards the TV, and then suddenly just wake up and start barking. How does he know? :o

• Like 3

Oh god, cats and TV make for great entertainment. We had a Siamese cat before she died in 2008 (those cats are f***ed in the head to begin with :LOL:) and sometimes she'd rest her paw on the remote and bite you if you tried to take it.

One of our current cats, when she was a kitten, would run around the back of the TV to see where the baseball went if it went off screen.

Cats are awesome.

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 6

My Cairn Terrier and Yorkie.Chihuahua mix both will watch what's going on on screen, especially when other animals are being shown. What's great is when the animals then start making noises, and the dogs twist their heads to try to hear better. And yes, they were watching the tv before the animals started making noises. They were not attracted to the noises first.

What kills me about my dogs and the tv is that so many commercials have a doorbell ring as part of the audio, and the Yorkie/Chihuahua barks at it and runs to our front door, and the other two start bakring and running to the door as well. They haven't done it much recently, though.

• Like 3

Our dogs love to watch the favorite show of my wife and me, "Pet Psychic".

They have this look on their faces the entire time that just screams "you dumbass, you have no idea WTF you're talking about. I don't believe people buy this shit."

• Like 2

I've always been told that dogs/cats cannot see tv. That may have been true of old 60hz Std Def TVs... but that doesn't seem true anymore.

We just upgraded to a 240hz 4k TV and we notice the cat watches TV all the time. Today, there was a "flying at you" graphic. The cat turned to run, then stopped anD stared at the TV. I thought it was funny, so I rewound and played it again and she did it 2 more times before leaving the room. :LOL:

Makes sense,

With the technology they feel like its real. :D

• Like 1

Our cat likes to watch Nat Geo Wild shows with critters on them; you know, small mammals like chipmunks and squirrels running around. I didn't believe it until I saw her do it for a solid 15 minutes one time! Guess it's some weird hunting instinct?? In real life she ignores them and watches birds! I also didn't believe cats would play the Purina "Fishing" game on an iPad until my family showed me that one also! :laughing guy: :laughing guy: Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Our cats will sometimes watch TV, especially if there are animals on. And the other day, one of the cats jumped on my desk as I was watching a YouTube video of birds and squirrels. He sat through the whole ~10 min. video and I had to play it a second time for him.
  • Like 4

Bramble used to love watching Snooker

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/4612708/snooker-o.gif

She'd follow those snooker balls around, and run and hide when one was knocked towards the camera :LOL:

• Like 3

Bramble used to love watching Snooker

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/4612708/snooker-o.gif

She'd follow those snooker balls around, and run and hide when one was knocked towards the camera :LOL:

My lil furbaby would sit on the top of the TV and bat at the screen whenever said balls got walloped around.

• Like 1

My 2 dogs don't watch TV, but they do go berserk if some character knocks on the door or rings a doorbell. What's funny is that I think our doorbell at home has been used maybe twice since we've had the dogs. Most people knock. So why the association?

My shepherd cross, Simon, will alert before my mobile rings or someone texts me. He'll suddenly cock his head, prick his ears and stare at the phone. Sure enough, it goes off a fraction of a second later!

• Like 2

Our cat Aria like watching Once Upon A Time...

1385659_10151946750046930_1500819305_n.jpg?oh=440920b175bc17f17d1395ebda450322&oe=5630D77F

• Like 6

1385659_10151946750046930_1500819305_n.jpg?oh=440920b175bc17f17d1395ebda450322&oe=5630D77F

For Regina?

That's why I watch it! She is HAWT!

• Like 1

Try playing this in front of your cat/dog. It's that frequency some malls/retailers use to deter teenagers from loitering in groups. My dogs ran.... I couldn't hear it.

Edited by Mara

For Regina?

And the best actor on the show. :)

• Like 1

For Regina?

I love watching her. In fact, she is the only reason I bother, and I wish she was in something better! She'd be great in her own show.

• Like 1

For Regina?

I love watching her. In fact, she is the only reason I bother, and I wish she was in something better! She'd be great in her own show.

Yeah I agree. I think she's the best thing about the show.

• Like 1