Columbus, OH Periscope Thread - June 8th

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

There's something unique and special watching a live Rush show while watching the Stanley Cup Finals...on my couch! And, I'm truckin' up to Buffalo for the show @ FNC!!!

:7up:

Yes, I really enjoyed listening to Rush instead of Mike Emrick!!

• Like 1

Small crowd tonight. I was once again a slave to Little League. My son's team lost, but there was some comedy. Our starting pitcher was throwing like an ace and mowed down 4 of the the first 5 batters. Since this was the playoffs, and we were one game from the championship, our manager decided to save this guy for the championship game, which we only get to play if we win this game. Good decision? (hint: This is a logic test)

So...the reliever comes in and walks eight batters, beans another, combined with five booted infield grounders. The 4th inning ends with us down 11-2. Mercy rule after 4 inning is 10. One run shy. There's a 1:45 time limit, but we are six minutes shy of it. So we go to the 5th. A series of relief pitchers for us proceeds to give up eleven more runs on walks and hit batsmen. It takes an hour just to play the top of the 5th inning, but we finally get the third out. By rule we have to bat, and I jokingly say "88 balls and we're in business". On cue, the opposing reliever walks our first batter on four straight balls. "Only 84 more...", I say. 2nd batter walked on four straight, as is the 3rd. We walk in five runs before the Ump gets some sense and severely enlarges the strike zone. This leads to a couple of our guys striking out on bad calls, which of course sets off our coach. The final out is on a bad call strike out and out coach comes storming over to me, saying, "Tough to beat a team that has ten guys on the field"...and he meant it. If only the ump was more fair, we'd've had a shot. :D

My son walks over and I ask him, "You ever had a Big Mac?" He says, "No, dad." I say, "Let's go..."

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/Todd.BigMac_zpsgx4n9qbi.jpeg

Goose - I love you adding the LL story. I have been involved with LL for 18 years and am now the district administrator. This is the first year I haven't coached but it was easier to give up because my 19 year old took up coaching and will now manage one of our all star teams.

Lesson 1 of tournament ball - win the game you're in. Lol.

• Like 1

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps0jrfxdr4.jpg

Can't wait for your review of the big rock show.

Hope you had a great time.

I did. Quite a few flubs but they were smiling and laughing about most of them. At one point one of the guys that came on stage in the robes and drinking coffee got too close to the flash pot that went off and almost got singed. Geddy mouthed to him "are you okay?" and nodded and shook his head when the guy said yes. Alex seemed to loosen up as the show went on and started smiling a lot more. Geddy was moving around more on stage than I've seen him do in a lot of years. He was making goofy faces and really interacting with the audience much more. Music was great. Lasers were the best part of the light show. Just gorgeous.

• Like 5

There were a few noticeable mistakes, but they were still good overall. There was a slight technical glitch with the samples at the beginning of Clockwork Angels. Overall a pretty good show, however.

And as far as those flubs are concerned- I say it's nice to see that they're merely human.

They were only immortal for a limited time. ;)

@Tombstone Mountain quote: "Little flat tonight...Alex's leads have been tried and found flat"

dude, WTF is your problem? I was in Cbus last night, they KILLED. you begged for a live feed, then while and cry like a toddler & act like you're a music critic- which obviously you have NO F@CKING IDEA WHAT THE F@CK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT...so maybe you should stop bashing these boys, it's all you seem to do. Live shows are no studio sessions, dillhole.

Edited by disembodiedspirit2015

Lesson 1 of tournament ball - win the game you're in. Lol.

:cheers: No doubt! It's never a good idea to over think things, especially with kids.

No Buffalo thread tonight?

I was thinking the same thing... one of us ought to start one... ;)

I have to leave for two hours, so I will miss the whole first set, and some of the second... hope I get back before the end of TCE! :haz: :rush: :7up:

No Buffalo thread tonight?

I was thinking the same thing... one of us ought to start one... ;)

I have to leave for two hours, so I will miss the whole first set, and some of the second... hope I get back before the end of TCE! :haz: :rush: :7up:

I would but I'm at the show.

• Like 1

There's something unique and special watching a live Rush show while watching the Stanley Cup Finals...on my couch! And, I'm truckin' up to Buffalo for the show @ FNC!!!

:7up:

Yes, I really enjoyed listening to Rush instead of Mike Emrick!!

Been trying to catch Canadian feeds where possible.

Small crowd tonight. I was once again a slave to Little League. My son's team lost, but there was some comedy. Our starting pitcher was throwing like an ace and mowed down 4 of the the first 5 batters. Since this was the playoffs, and we were one game from the championship, our manager decided to save this guy for the championship game, which we only get to play if we win this game. Good decision? (hint: This is a logic test)

So...the reliever comes in and walks eight batters, beans another, combined with five booted infield grounders. The 4th inning ends with us down 11-2. Mercy rule after 4 inning is 10. One run shy. There's a 1:45 time limit, but we are six minutes shy of it. So we go to the 5th. A series of relief pitchers for us proceeds to give up eleven more runs on walks and hit batsmen. It takes an hour just to play the top of the 5th inning, but we finally get the third out. By rule we have to bat, and I jokingly say "88 balls and we're in business". On cue, the opposing reliever walks our first batter on four straight balls. "Only 84 more...", I say. 2nd batter walked on four straight, as is the 3rd. We walk in five runs before the Ump gets some sense and severely enlarges the strike zone. This leads to a couple of our guys striking out on bad calls, which of course sets off our coach. The final out is on a bad call strike out and out coach comes storming over to me, saying, "Tough to beat a team that has ten guys on the field"...and he meant it. If only the ump was more fair, we'd've had a shot. :D

My son walks over and I ask him, "You ever had a Big Mac?" He says, "No, dad." I say, "Let's go..."

:LOL:

This was a fun memory to re-visit.

• Like 2

That's the lad? He looks like your wife.

• Like 2

My wife has longer hair.

• Like 2

My wife has longer hair.

But he has her nose! :codger:

• Like 1

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps0jrfxdr4.jpg

My seats were right up in front of the two guys on the right in white shirts! Front row. Right in front of the Gedster. Edited by Pound of Obscure
  • Like 1

My wife has longer hair.

Nose or not, is not the question! :LOL:

Look how he destroys the B-Mac, he's a goose, through and through. Give him beer.. äh... :givebeer:

Edited by greyfriar
  • Like 2

My wife has longer hair.

Nose or not, is not the question! :LOL:

Look like he destroys the B-Mac, he's a goose, through and through. Give him beer.. äh... :givebeer:

• Like 1